Multimodule site publish

Matt Benson-2
Argh, followed instructions at
http://commons.apache.org/site-publish.htmlas far as I can tell, but
[weaver]'s modules didn't come through.  Do I
need to set the commons.scmPubUrl property for each module perhaps?

Matt

Re: Multimodule site publish

James Carman
Didn't come through when published or locally?

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013, Matt Benson wrote:

> Argh, followed instructions at
> http://commons.apache.org/site-publish.htmlas far as I can tell, but
> [weaver]'s modules didn't come through.  Do I
> need to set the commons.scmPubUrl property for each module perhaps?
>
> Matt

Re: Multimodule site publish

Matt Benson-2
When published. Everything's fine locally. I note the same problem with the
published functor site, though not with JCI. I haven't yet determined what
the difference is, however.

Matt
On Aug 21, 2013 10:16 PM, "James Carman" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Didn't come through when published or locally?
>
> On Wednesday, August 21, 2013, Matt Benson wrote:
>
>> Argh, followed instructions at
>> http://commons.apache.org/site-publish.htmlas far as I can tell, but
>> [weaver]'s modules didn't come through.  Do I
>> need to set the commons.scmPubUrl property for each module perhaps?
>>
>> Matt

Re: Multimodule site publish

Bruno P. Kinoshita

Was going to mention that functor's website had the same problem. Building the website locally works fine too.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FUNCTOR-25

>________________________________

The commons-parent POM configures the maven-scm-publish-plugin to take
content from ${project.reporting.outputDirectory}, typically set to
target/site.  At least for the MM components, this needs to be something
like ${project.build.directory}/staging/${commons.componentid}--I'm
admittedly not sure where the site plugin gets this last directory name.
 It would seem to be simpler to have one set of site deploy instructions
for both "simple" and multimodule projects, all of which used site:stage
and then did the scm-publish from the staging directory.

By way of example, [jci] can't AFAICT be properly deployed with the
provided instructions either--in fact, its site doesn't even build without
disabling its overridden maven-project-info-reports plugin settings as well
as its findbugs-maven-plugin config.

Matt

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Bruno P. Kinoshita <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Was going to mention that functor's website had the same problem. Building
> the website locally works fine too.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FUNCTOR-25

Followup:  site:stage gets the directory under "staging" from the
distributionManagement URL.

Matt