Quantcast

Multipart http request loosing parameters after first access.

Multipart http request loosing parameters after first access.

Amey Jadiye
Hi All,

I'm using struts 1.2.9 and having requirement to upload  and process file,
obviously struts is handing multi-part request quite well however i'm
having some existing logic where we have created my own filter from where
all requests pass and i check authorization of user whether he is allowed
to send that request or not.

as struts handle multipart request in its own doFilter and beyond that code
and i need few of the request parameters in my own filter(before populating
form fields) i wrote some code and used Commons FileUpload jar as below in
my filter.

        List<FileItem> items = new ServletFileUpload(new
DiskFileItemFactory()).parseRequest(request);

and i'm getting all the form fields and queryparams in the list, now the
problem is all those parameter are lost once i parsed request here, and
now  from request object and BeanUtil.populate can't set my FormBean. :( as
request object dont have it.

I saw code of commons fileupload but doesn't seems anything odd code which
is flushing all those parameters Can someone let me know if i'm missing
something here ?

Thanks,

Amey