[Numbers] Outdated branches

Gilles Sadowski-2
Hi.

Command
  $ git branch -a
shows several stale (?) branches:
---CUT---
  remotes/origin/cis-method
  remotes/origin/complex-constructors
  remotes/origin/complex-dev
  remotes/origin/eb-test
  remotes/origin/feature__NUMBERS-69__autodiff
  remotes/origin/fraction-dev
  remotes/origin/hypot-change
  remotes/origin/master
  remotes/origin/multimodule
  remotes/origin/null-removal
  remotes/origin/numbers-56-bugfix
  remotes/origin/remove-nan-returns
  remotes/origin/task_NUMBERS-33__Gamma
---CUT---

Let's have a list of which are being used for development and
which could be deleted.
[I mean: Is there anyone who uses one of those as "upstream"?]

Re: [Numbers] Outdated branches

Eric Barnhill
I use fraction-dev for Fraction and complex-dev for Complex. cis-method,
complex-constructors, eb-test were all I believe side branches I used for
testing but did  not delete.

Eric

On Tue, Jan 8, 2019 at 5:39 AM Gilles Sadowski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Command
>   $ git branch -a
> shows several stale (?) branches:
> ---CUT---
>   remotes/origin/cis-method
>   remotes/origin/complex-constructors
>   remotes/origin/complex-dev
>   remotes/origin/eb-test
>   remotes/origin/feature__NUMBERS-69__autodiff
>   remotes/origin/fraction-dev
>   remotes/origin/hypot-change
>   remotes/origin/master
>   remotes/origin/multimodule
>   remotes/origin/null-removal
>   remotes/origin/numbers-56-bugfix
>   remotes/origin/remove-nan-returns
>   remotes/origin/task_NUMBERS-33__Gamma
> ---CUT---
>
> Let's have a list of which are being used for development and
> which could be deleted.
> [I mean: Is there anyone who uses one of those as "upstream"?]

Re: [Numbers] Outdated branches

Gilles Sadowski-2
Hi Eric.

Le mar. 8 janv. 2019 à 19:05, Eric Barnhill <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> I use fraction-dev for Fraction and complex-dev for Complex. cis-method,
> complex-constructors, eb-test were all I believe side branches I used for
> testing but did  not delete.

If you don't need any of those branches anymore, I think that you could
delete them.
I guess that, unless there is some large task where for which several
people want to work together, it's cleaner to use local branches and/or
GitHub.