[Numbers] Process for merging feature branch?

[Numbers] Process for merging feature branch?

Raymond DeCampo
I have everything for NUMBERS-6 wrapped up in a feature branch in the
common-numbers repo.  I was wondering if there was a particular process to
follow when merging the branch into master and closing the issue.  E.g.
should the commits be squashed into one commit first, or is there some
rebase magic that needs to be done?

Anything in particular to be done in terms of closing the JIRA issue?

Thanks,
Ray

Re: [Numbers] Process for merging feature branch?

Gilles Sadowski
Hi.

On Sun, 5 Feb 2017 13:31:53 -0500, Raymond DeCampo wrote:
> I have everything for NUMBERS-6 wrapped up in a feature branch in the
> common-numbers repo.  I was wondering if there was a particular
> process to
> follow when merging the branch into master and closing the issue.
> E.g.
> should the commits be squashed into one commit first, or is there
> some
> rebase magic that needs to be done?

See
   doc/development/development.howto.txt
in the project's repository.

> Anything in particular to be done in terms of closing the JIRA issue?

Just "resolve" the issue, choosing the reason that seems most
appropriate (and indicating the commit id in the comment).
[Closing is done after a release.]

> Ray

Re: [Numbers] Process for merging feature branch?

Raymond DeCampo
I'm not sure if it's just me or something else, but I don't see how to
resolve the issue in JIRA.  I have a Comment button, an Agile Board button
and a More menu with options Attach Files, Attach Screenshot, Add Vote,
Voters, Stop Watching, Watchers, Create Sub-Task, Link and Clone options.

On Mon, 6 Feb 2017 07:58:46 -0500, Raymond DeCampo wrote:
> I'm not sure if it's just me or something else, but I don't see how
> resolve the issue in JIRA.  I have a Comment button, an Agile Board
> button
> and a More menu with options Attach Files, Attach Screenshot, Add
> Vote,
> Voters, Stop Watching, Watchers, Create Sub-Task, Link and Clone
> options.

In JIRA, the "commons-developers" group has the "Committers" role
(which comprises the ability to resolve issues).

I don't know how to check whether you are in it. [I'd assume that was
automatic as part of the other access priviliges for a committer...]

Someone can confirm or point to the relevant doc/scripts?