OT - Help with a site

Russell Simpkins-2
This is not a shameless attempt to jack up hit statistics. I have a client
that hosts 3 sites with me, and one of them is not accessable to her and
some of her clients. Does anyone on the list have the time to hit this url
http://www.attorneyave.com

I don't have any problems and can't seem to figure out what could be wrong.
She just gets nothing. It sounds like DNS or something, not sure really.
Just see if the url loads in your browser of choice and give a hollar.

Thanks all.

Russ

Re: OT - Help with a site

Reinhardt Christiansen
Works fine for me in IE 6.0 on Windows XP. No problems of any kind that I
can see.

Rhino

> This is not a shameless attempt to jack up hit statistics. I have a client
> that hosts 3 sites with me, and one of them is not accessable to her and
> some of her clients. Does anyone on the list have the time to hit this url
> http://www.attorneyave.com
>
> I don't have any problems and can't seem to figure out what could be
wrong.

> She just gets nothing. It sounds like DNS or something, not sure really.
> Just see if the url loads in your browser of choice and give a hollar.
>
> Thanks all.
>
> Russ

Re: OT - Help with a site

Russell Simpkins-2
thanks a lot. much appreciated.

>From: "Rhino" <[hidden email]>
>To: "Jakarta Commons Users List" <[hidden email]>
>Subject: Re: OT - Help with a site
>Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:38:24 -0400
>
>Works fine for me in IE 6.0 on Windows XP. No problems of any kind that I
>can see.
>
>Rhino

RE: OT - Help with a site

Amon, Jennifer
We had a similar program and discovered that someone, somewhere was
blocking our traffic. Has your client tried a traceroute to see where it
might be hung up?

Jennifer

Jennifer R. Amon              Phone: 440-962-2471
Lead Technical Consultant       FAX: 440-962-2663
Moen Incorporated             Email: [hidden email]
25300 Al Moen Drive        Personal: [hidden email]
North Olmsted, OH  44070   Web Site: http://home.comcast.net/~jenamon/

Works fine for me in IE 6.0 on Windows XP. No problems of any kind that
can see.

Rhino

> This is not a shameless attempt to jack up hit statistics. I have a
client
> that hosts 3 sites with me, and one of them is not accessable to her
and
> some of her clients. Does anyone on the list have the time to hit this
url
> http://www.attorneyave.com
>
> I don't have any problems and can't seem to figure out what could be
wrong.
> She just gets nothing. It sounds like DNS or something, not sure
really.

> Just see if the url loads in your browser of choice and give a hollar.
>
> Thanks all.
>
> Russ

30/09/2005

This message was scanned for viruses prior to entering the Moen network

Re: OT - Help with a site

Jörg Gottschling
Firefox: "Connection timed out."
Internet Explorer: "Server nicht gefunden." (Server not found)

A ping does also not reach the server.

I'm in germany, using the provider "versatel germany".

Hope that helps.

Russell Simpkins wrote:

> This is not a shameless attempt to jack up hit statistics. I have a
> client that hosts 3 sites with me, and one of them is not accessable to
> her and some of her clients. Does anyone on the list have the time to
> hit this url http://www.attorneyave.com
>
> I don't have any problems and can't seem to figure out what could be
> wrong. She just gets nothing. It sounds like DNS or something, not sure
> really. Just see if the url loads in your browser of choice and give a
> hollar.
>
> Thanks all.
>
> Russ

J?rg Gottschling
web:    www.myndian.de
eMail:  [hidden email]   [hidden email]
GnuPG:  0x9B1C64BB
ICQ:    177003788
Jabber: [hidden email]
Skype:  joerggottschling

RE: OT - Help with a site

Alfredo Ledezma Melendez

Same case, Firefox using FreeProxy to connecto outside from my office.

Message: Timeout waiting to connect to the web site.

Alfredo Ledezma Mel?ndez.
Gerencia de Sistemas CRM
Consultor Externo de Sistemas de Atenci?n a Clientes
RadioMovil DIPSA, S. A. de C. V.
Ej?rcito Nacional No. 488, Col. Chapultepec Morales,
C.P. 11570 M?xico D.F.

Russell Simpkins wrote:

> This is not a shameless attempt to jack up hit statistics. I have a
> client that hosts 3 sites with me, and one of them is not accessable to
> her and some of her clients. Does anyone on the list have the time to
> hit this url http://www.attorneyave.com
>
> I don't have any problems and can't seem to figure out what could be
> wrong. She just gets nothing. It sounds like DNS or something, not sure
> really. Just see if the url loads in your browser of choice and give a
> hollar.
>
> Thanks all.
>
> Russ

J?rg Gottschling
web:    www.myndian.de
eMail:  [hidden email]   [hidden email]
GnuPG:  0x9B1C64BB
ICQ:    177003788
Jabber: [hidden email]
Skype:  joerggottschling

Este mensaje es exclusivamente para el uso de la persona o entidad a quien esta dirigido; contiene informacion estrictamente confidencial y legalmente protegida, cuya divulgacion es sancionada por la ley. Si el lector de este mensaje no es a quien esta dirigido, ni se trata del empleado o agente responsable de esta informacion, se le notifica por medio del presente, que su reproduccion y distribucion, esta estrictamente prohibida. Si Usted recibio este comunicado por error, favor de notificarlo inmediatamente al remitente y destruir el mensaje. Todas las opiniones contenidas en este mail son propias del autor del mensaje y no necesariamente coinciden con las de Radiomovil Dipsa, S.A. de C.V. o alguna de sus empresas controladas, controladoras, afiliadas y subsidiarias. Este mensaje intencionalmente no contiene acentos.

This message is for the sole use of the person or entity to whom it is being sent.  Therefore, it contains strictly confidential and legally protected material whose disclosure is subject to penalty by law.  If the person reading this message is not the one to whom it is being sent and/or is not an employee or the responsible agent for this information, this person is herein notified that any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of the materials included in this facsimile is strictly prohibited.  If you received this document by mistake please notify  immediately to the subscriber and destroy the message. Any opinions contained in this e-mail are those of the author of the message and do not necessarily coincide with those of Radiomovil Dipsa, S.A. de C.V. or any of its control, controlled, affiliates and subsidiaries companies. No part of this message or attachments may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever.

Re: OT - Help with a site

Christian Hufgard

I'm from germany, my provider is arcor. The site works fine for me.

Here my trace:

Routenverfolgung zu www.attorneyave.com [66.139.74.159]  über maximal 30 Abschnitte:

  1     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  localhost [192.168.0.254]
  2    23 ms    21 ms    21 ms  dslb-084-058-000-001.pools.arcor-ip.net [84.58.0.1]
  3    22 ms    21 ms    21 ms  ffm-145-254-0-73.arcor-ip.net [145.254.0.73]
  4    27 ms    26 ms    27 ms  hmb-145-254-18-146.arcor-ip.net [145.254.18.146]
  5    30 ms    31 ms    31 ms  sl-gw10-ham-4-0.sprintlink.net [217.147.97.197]
  6    27 ms    31 ms    32 ms  sl-bb20-ham-8-0.sprintlink.net [217.147.96.49]
  7    34 ms    37 ms    41 ms  sl-bb20-cop-13-0.sprintlink.net [213.206.129.53]
  8   113 ms   112 ms   114 ms  sl-bb21-msq-10-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.19.29]
  9   117 ms   121 ms   121 ms  sl-bb27-rly-8-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.20.73]
 10   119 ms   119 ms   116 ms  sl-bb22-rly-10-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.14.177]
 11   121 ms   122 ms   121 ms  sl-bb21-rly-12-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.7.253]
 12   138 ms   137 ms   137 ms  sl-bb21-atl-6-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.20.176]
 13   135 ms   132 ms   137 ms  sl-gw25-atl-15-0.sprintlink.net [144.232.22.14]
 14   133 ms   153 ms   134 ms  sl-timewarner-9-0.sprintlink.net [144.223.62.62]
 15   134 ms   133 ms   131 ms  core-01-ge-1-2-0-1.atln.twtelecom.net [66.192.243.40]
 16   160 ms   187 ms   161 ms  dist-02-so-1-0-0-0.snan.twtelecom.net [66.192.246.21]
 17   160 ms   159 ms   159 ms  hagg-01-ge-1-3-0-508.snan.twtelecom.net [66.192.246.141]
 18   167 ms   168 ms   169 ms  64.132.228.194
 19     *        *        *     Timeout
 20   173 ms   171 ms   169 ms  www.attorneyave.com [66.139.74.159]

Christian

> This is not a shameless attempt to jack up hit statistics. I have a client
> that hosts 3 sites with me, and one of them is not accessable to her and
> some of her clients. Does anyone on the list have the time to hit this url
> http://www.attorneyave.com

> I don't have any problems and can't seem to figure out what could be wrong.
> She just gets nothing. It sounds like DNS or something, not sure really.
> Just see if the url loads in your browser of choice and give a hollar.

> Thanks all.

> Russ

> For additional commands, e-mail:

Best regards,
 Christian                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: OT - Help with a site

Chris Merrill
Using Moz 1.7.8/Win XP from North Carolina resulted in:

"The operation timed out when attempting to contact...."

Russell Simpkins wrote:
> her and some of her clients. Does anyone on the list have the time to
> hit this url http://www.attorneyave.com

Re: OT - Help with a site

Christopher L Merrill

Russell Simpkins wrote:
> her and some of her clients. Does anyone on the list have the time to
> hit this url http://www.attorneyave.com

Re: OT - Help with a site

Russell Simpkins-2
thanks everyone.

I've cut a ticket with the network provider to see if there is anything on
their end. Its odd. Some of you can get there and others cant.

thanks again. russ

>From: Christopher L Merrill <[hidden email]>
>To: Jakarta Commons Users List <[hidden email]>
>Subject: Re: OT - Help with a site
>Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 14:38:50 -0400
>
>Using Moz 1.7.8/Win XP from North Carolina resulted in:
>
>"The operation timed out when attempting to contact...."
>

>Russell Simpkins wrote:
>>her and some of her clients. Does anyone on the list have the time to hit
>>this url http://www.attorneyave.com

RE: OT - Help with a site

Jessica King
No problems here!

Firefox 1.0.7
IE 7.0 Beta

This is not a shameless attempt to jack up hit statistics. I have a client
that hosts 3 sites with me, and one of them is not accessable to her and
some of her clients. Does anyone on the list have the time to hit this url
http://www.attorneyave.com

I don't have any problems and can't seem to figure out what could be wrong.
She just gets nothing. It sounds like DNS or something, not sure really.
Just see if the url loads in your browser of choice and give a hollar.

Thanks all.

Russ

They are intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content. **

RE: OT - Help with a site

Arnaud Héritier
Today, we had also some problems with one of our corporate sites.
It was also a DNS problem.

Arnaud

RE: OT - Help with a site

Mark Benussi
In the UK at 8:53 PM GMT and get nowt. Good luck

Re: OT - Help with a site

Chris Cheshire
Cox cable in Socal, using Firefox on Mac and no problems.

On 10/4/05, Russell Simpkins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is not a shameless attempt to jack up hit statistics. I have a client
> that hosts 3 sites with me, and one of them is not accessable to her and
> some of her clients. Does anyone on the list have the time to hit this url
> http://www.attorneyave.com
>
> I don't have any problems and can't seem to figure out what could be wrong.
> She just gets nothing. It sounds like DNS or something, not sure really.
> Just see if the url loads in your browser of choice and give a hollar.
>
> Thanks all.
>
> Russ

RE: OT - Help with a site

Ronny Haak
Germany, Provider 1&1. No problems at all with WinXP SP2 + IE6. Pinging the
server also works like a charm...

Cox cable in Socal, using Firefox on Mac and no problems.

On 10/4/05, Russell Simpkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This is not a shameless attempt to jack up hit statistics. I have a
> client that hosts 3 sites with me, and one of them is not accessable
> to her and some of her clients. Does anyone on the list have the time
> to hit this url http://www.attorneyave.com
>
> I don't have any problems and can't seem to figure out what could be
wrong.
> She just gets nothing. It sounds like DNS or something, not sure really.
> Just see if the url loads in your browser of choice and give a hollar.
>
> Thanks all.
>
> Russ

Re: OT - Help with a site

Brian Cook

I have had this problem with several sites this week.  We tracked it down to a tiff between Level III and Cogent.  They are internally blocking each other.  It primarily seems to be effecting DNS resolution.  So your client may be able to access their site using their IP.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-5890424.html

Ronny Haak wrote:
Germany, Provider 1&1. No problems at all with WinXP SP2 + IE6. Pinging the
server also works like a charm...

Cox cable in Socal, using Firefox on Mac and no problems.

On 10/4/05, Russell Simpkins [hidden email] wrote:

This is not a shameless attempt to jack up hit statistics. I have a
client that hosts 3 sites with me, and one of them is not accessable
to her and some of her clients. Does anyone on the list have the time
to hit this url http://www.attorneyave.com

I don't have any problems and can't seem to figure out what could be

wrong.

She just gets nothing. It sounds like DNS or something, not sure really.
Just see if the url loads in your browser of choice and give a hollar.

Thanks all.

Russ

Brian Cook
Digital Services Analyst