Outreachy Program Workshops

Katia Rojas
Hello folks,

We are very happy to announce that we are receiving emails from folks
showing their interest in joining the Outreachy program!

Remember, the deadline to submit your applications is getting closer:
2019-Sep-17 23:00 UTC.

To make the process faster and smoothly, we are here to provide some help
and clarifications!

We are going to organize a workshop to address all your questions:

   1.

   How to scope your project.
   2.

   What is this PMC consensus about? => host an Outreachy intern,
   understand the commitment to be a mentor, and ensure we can capture a
   contribution friction log from your interns.

=> Get consensus from your project’s PMC about the previous points would
usually involve a discussion on the dev list about the proposed project,
resulting in lazy consensus to proceed.

   1.

   And any other questions that you may have!

To do so, please, contact us, the Apache coordinators: "Matt Sicker" <
[hidden email]>,. "Awasum Yannick" <[hidden email]>,. "Katia
Rojas" <[hidden email]>.

Providing:

   1.

   Your questions.
   2.

   Availability in case you need one to one conference call.

Remember, the deadline to submit your applications is getting closer:
2019-Sep-17 23:00 UTC.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Re: Outreachy Program Workshops

Gilles Sadowski-2
Hi Matt.

Do you expect something to happen here (at "Commons")?
Suggestions?

Best regards,

> Hello folks,
>
> We are very happy to announce that we are receiving emails from folks
> showing their interest in joining the Outreachy program!
>
> Remember, the deadline to submit your applications is getting closer:
> 2019-Sep-17 23:00 UTC.
>
> To make the process faster and smoothly, we are here to provide some help
> and clarifications!
>
> We are going to organize a workshop to address all your questions:
>

>    1.
>
>    How to scope your project.
>    2.
>
>    What is this PMC consensus about? => host an Outreachy intern,
>    understand the commitment to be a mentor, and ensure we can capture a
>    contribution friction log from your interns.
>
> => Get consensus from your project’s PMC about the previous points would
> usually involve a discussion on the dev list about the proposed project,
> resulting in lazy consensus to proceed.
>
>    1.
>
>    And any other questions that you may have!
>

> To do so, please, contact us, the Apache coordinators: "Matt Sicker" <
> [hidden email]>,. "Awasum Yannick" <[hidden email]>,. "Katia
> Rojas" <[hidden email]>.
>
> Providing:
>

>    1.
>
>    Your questions.
>    2.
>
>    Availability in case you need one to one conference call.
>

> Remember, the deadline to submit your applications is getting closer:
> 2019-Sep-17 23:00 UTC.
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Re: Outreachy Program Workshops

Matt Sicker
Well, if anyone has project ideas or would like to mentor, then yes.
I'm avoiding mentoring this round since I'm a coordinator, though I
might be mentoring for a Jenkins project anyways.

On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 at 16:17, Gilles Sadowski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Matt.
>
> Do you expect something to happen here (at "Commons")?
> Suggestions?
>
> Best regards,

> > Hello folks,
> >
> > We are very happy to announce that we are receiving emails from folks
> > showing their interest in joining the Outreachy program!
> >
> > Remember, the deadline to submit your applications is getting closer:
> > 2019-Sep-17 23:00 UTC.
> >
> > To make the process faster and smoothly, we are here to provide some help
> > and clarifications!
> >
> > We are going to organize a workshop to address all your questions:
> >

> >    1.
> >
> >    How to scope your project.
> >    2.
> >
> >    What is this PMC consensus about? => host an Outreachy intern,
> >    understand the commitment to be a mentor, and ensure we can capture a
> >    contribution friction log from your interns.
> >
> > => Get consensus from your project’s PMC about the previous points would
> > usually involve a discussion on the dev list about the proposed project,
> > resulting in lazy consensus to proceed.
> >
> >    1.
> >
> >    And any other questions that you may have!
> >

> > To do so, please, contact us, the Apache coordinators: "Matt Sicker" <
> > [hidden email]>,. "Awasum Yannick" <[hidden email]>,. "Katia
> > Rojas" <[hidden email]>.
> >
> > Providing:
> >

> >    1.
> >
> >    Your questions.
> >    2.
> >
> >    Availability in case you need one to one conference call.
> >

> > Remember, the deadline to submit your applications is getting closer:
> > 2019-Sep-17 23:00 UTC.
> >
> > Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
> >
> > Cheers,

Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>

Le mar. 3 sept. 2019 à 23:48, Matt Sicker <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Well, if anyone has project ideas or would like to mentor, then yes.
> I'm avoiding mentoring this round since I'm a coordinator, though I
> might be mentoring for a Jenkins project anyways.

We (Alex, Eric, Rob and I) tried something with GSoC but it didn't
work out too well partly due to expectations mismatch.
I think that it would be good that "Commons" be proactive in showing
that we are welcoming new people but to not repeat the same mistakes
we need something more objective than a general principle.

> On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 at 16:17, Gilles Sadowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Matt.
> >
> > Do you expect something to happen here (at "Commons")?
> > Suggestions?
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Gilles

> > > Hello folks,
> > >
> > > We are very happy to announce that we are receiving emails from folks
> > > showing their interest in joining the Outreachy program!
> > >
> > > Remember, the deadline to submit your applications is getting closer:
> > > 2019-Sep-17 23:00 UTC.
> > >
> > > To make the process faster and smoothly, we are here to provide some help
> > > and clarifications!
> > >
> > > We are going to organize a workshop to address all your questions:
> > >

> > >    1.
> > >
> > >    How to scope your project.
> > >    2.
> > >
> > >    What is this PMC consensus about? => host an Outreachy intern,
> > >    understand the commitment to be a mentor, and ensure we can capture a
> > >    contribution friction log from your interns.
> > >
> > > => Get consensus from your project’s PMC about the previous points would
> > > usually involve a discussion on the dev list about the proposed project,
> > > resulting in lazy consensus to proceed.
> > >
> > >    1.
> > >
> > >    And any other questions that you may have!
> > >

> > > To do so, please, contact us, the Apache coordinators: "Matt Sicker" <
> > > [hidden email]>,. "Awasum Yannick" <[hidden email]>,. "Katia
> > > Rojas" <[hidden email]>.
> > >
> > > Providing:
> > >

> > >    1.
> > >
> > >    Your questions.
> > >    2.
> > >
> > >    Availability in case you need one to one conference call.
> > >

> > > Remember, the deadline to submit your applications is getting closer:
> > > 2019-Sep-17 23:00 UTC.
> > >
> > > Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
> > >
> > > Cheers,

> Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>

Re: Outreachy Program Workshops

Matt Sicker
I believe Commons was contacted directly with this due to past
participation in GSoC. Otherwise, we’ve emailed committers@ along with some
specific lists related to GSoC and Outreachy.

Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>