[PROPOSAL] sandbox request for commons-filter

[PROPOSAL] sandbox request for commons-filter

Eric Barnhill
Dear PMC,

I am writing to request a sandbox site be established for a proposed
commons sub-project, commons-filter .

The library will consist of widely used basic methods for signal and image
processing. As suits commons protocols the dependencies are only the Java
API and commons-math .

We have two initial core contributors to commons-filter, Bernd Porr
(contributor) and Eric Barnhill (committer). Sufficient code for
commons-filter has already been developed, tested, and integrated into
maven. Both contributors are professionals in the field of signal and image
processing. The library will further integrate the Kalman filter found in
commons-math and may include some future contributions to round out the
library.

I believe this project to be well suited to the commons mission. Please
contact me with any questions about this proposal and we invite anyone on
the list with an interest in signal processing to contribute code or
expertise.

Best,
Eric Barnhill

Re: [PROPOSAL] sandbox request for commons-filter

Benedikt Ritter-4
Hello Eric,

Eric Barnhill <[hidden email]> schrieb am Di., 25. Okt. 2016 um
10:22 Uhr:

> Dear PMC,
>
> I am writing to request a sandbox site be established for a proposed
> commons sub-project, commons-filter .
>
> The library will consist of widely used basic methods for signal and image
> processing. As suits commons protocols the dependencies are only the Java
> API and commons-math .
>
> We have two initial core contributors to commons-filter, Bernd Porr
> (contributor) and Eric Barnhill (committer). Sufficient code for
> commons-filter has already been developed, tested, and integrated into
> maven. Both contributors are professionals in the field of signal and image
> processing. The library will further integrate the Kalman filter found in
> commons-math and may include some future contributions to round out the
> library.
>
> I believe this project to be well suited to the commons mission. Please
> contact me with any questions about this proposal and we invite anyone on
> the list with an interest in signal processing to contribute code or
> expertise.

Any Commons committer may start a new sandbox project any time. You just
have to create a new folder in the sandbox svn subtree. If you need help
with bootstraping a web site, I can give you a hand.

> Best,
> Eric Barnhill

Re: [PROPOSAL] sandbox request for commons-filter

jochen-2
On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Eric Barnhill <[hidden email]> wrote:
> integrated into maven.

How is software for signal and image processing related to Maven (a
software build tool). That sounds strange to me.

Jochen