[RDF] Graduating Commons RDF to Commons PMC

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[RDF] Graduating Commons RDF to Commons PMC

Stian Soiland-Reyes
The Commons RDF graduation vote passed on Commons and Incubator, so
Commons RDF will now formally move to become a component of Apache
Commons. Thanks everyone who voted!


I will continue on Wednesday with doing the technical bureaucracy like
updating Incubator meta-files, moving repositories, websites and
"closing" the dev@commonsrdf mailing list (autoreply?), as well as
listing RDF on the Commons main pages.


I hope it won't be too much trouble with the empty commons-rdf
repository already existing: https://github.com/apache/commons-rdf --
I will ask INFRA to delete that so we can formally do a rename in
GitHub to keep all the pull requests and watchers. However I think the
new name will be just that, commons-rdf (not "commonsrdf").

Likewise I'll ask for redirects for the website after deploying it at
https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rdf/ and similar for moving
the dist.apache.org artifacts to be under
http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/rdf/


Anything I forgot? Oh, and update our pom.xml to not say "-incubating"
anymore :)


From now, please post/reply any Commons RDF questions to
[hidden email] with the subject [RDF]. (I'll send a separate
reminder about this to the dev@commonsrdf list before it closes)


--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RDF] Graduating Commons RDF to Commons PMC

Matt Sicker
Is there anything to be done for jira? Also, don't forget to update the scm
URLs in the pom file.

On 28 November 2016 at 05:35, Stian Soiland-Reyes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Commons RDF graduation vote passed on Commons and Incubator, so
> Commons RDF will now formally move to become a component of Apache
> Commons. Thanks everyone who voted!
>
>
> I will continue on Wednesday with doing the technical bureaucracy like
> updating Incubator meta-files, moving repositories, websites and
> "closing" the dev@commonsrdf mailing list (autoreply?), as well as
> listing RDF on the Commons main pages.
>
>
> I hope it won't be too much trouble with the empty commons-rdf
> repository already existing: https://github.com/apache/commons-rdf --
> I will ask INFRA to delete that so we can formally do a rename in
> GitHub to keep all the pull requests and watchers. However I think the
> new name will be just that, commons-rdf (not "commonsrdf").
>
> Likewise I'll ask for redirects for the website after deploying it at
> https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rdf/ and similar for moving
> the dist.apache.org artifacts to be under
> http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/rdf/
>
>
> Anything I forgot? Oh, and update our pom.xml to not say "-incubating"
> anymore :)
>
>
> From now, please post/reply any Commons RDF questions to
> [hidden email] with the subject [RDF]. (I'll send a separate
> reminder about this to the dev@commonsrdf list before it closes)
>
>
> --
> Stian Soiland-Reyes
> http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>


--
Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RDF] Graduating Commons RDF to Commons PMC

Sergio Fernández
Hi,

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 4:58 AM, Matt Sicker <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there anything to be done for jira?


Well, that's a question I also had. So far we have been using COMMONSRDF as
Jira key. All the current components simply use the component name a key
[1] (e.g., LANG). I already requested the change to INFRA [2].

BTW, I've just created INFRA-13004 epic for all INFRA stuff [3]. Please,
add there whatever other subtask I've forgot.

Also, don't forget to update the scm URLs in the pom file.
>

Stian has already started with that [4]. We have a open issue with the
publication of the different maven components [5], but I'll try to take a
look later today.

Cheers,

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa#10260
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13003
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13004
[4] https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf/commit/
285a6c172fed01fc966b24621110e609321df021
[5] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMMONSRDF-50



On 28 November 2016 at 05:35, Stian Soiland-Reyes <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> > The Commons RDF graduation vote passed on Commons and Incubator, so
> > Commons RDF will now formally move to become a component of Apache
> > Commons. Thanks everyone who voted!
> >
> >
> > I will continue on Wednesday with doing the technical bureaucracy like
> > updating Incubator meta-files, moving repositories, websites and
> > "closing" the dev@commonsrdf mailing list (autoreply?), as well as
> > listing RDF on the Commons main pages.
> >
> >
> > I hope it won't be too much trouble with the empty commons-rdf
> > repository already existing: https://github.com/apache/commons-rdf --
> > I will ask INFRA to delete that so we can formally do a rename in
> > GitHub to keep all the pull requests and watchers. However I think the
> > new name will be just that, commons-rdf (not "commonsrdf").
> >
> > Likewise I'll ask for redirects for the website after deploying it at
> > https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rdf/ and similar for moving
> > the dist.apache.org artifacts to be under
> > http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/rdf/
> >
> >
> > Anything I forgot? Oh, and update our pom.xml to not say "-incubating"
> > anymore :)
> >
> >
> > From now, please post/reply any Commons RDF questions to
> > [hidden email] with the subject [RDF]. (I'll send a separate
> > reminder about this to the dev@commonsrdf list before it closes)
> >
> >
> > --
> > Stian Soiland-Reyes
> > http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>
>



--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager
Redlink GmbH
m: +43 6602747925 <+43%20660%202747925>
e: [hidden email]
w: http://redlink.co
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RDF] Graduating Commons RDF to Commons PMC

Andy Seaborne
There are other RDF related projects in ASF. That's a confusing choice
of key name.

     Andy

On 30/11/16 07:33, Sergio Fernández wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 4:58 AM, Matt Sicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Is there anything to be done for jira?
>
>
> Well, that's a question I also had. So far we have been using COMMONSRDF as
> Jira key. All the current components simply use the component name a key
> [1] (e.g., LANG). I already requested the change to INFRA [2].
>
> BTW, I've just created INFRA-13004 epic for all INFRA stuff [3]. Please,
> add there whatever other subtask I've forgot.
>
> Also, don't forget to update the scm URLs in the pom file.
>>
>
> Stian has already started with that [4]. We have a open issue with the
> publication of the different maven components [5], but I'll try to take a
> look later today.
>
> Cheers,
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa#10260
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13003
> [3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-13004
> [4] https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf/commit/
> 285a6c172fed01fc966b24621110e609321df021
> [5] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COMMONSRDF-50
>
>
>
> On 28 November 2016 at 05:35, Stian Soiland-Reyes <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> The Commons RDF graduation vote passed on Commons and Incubator, so
>>> Commons RDF will now formally move to become a component of Apache
>>> Commons. Thanks everyone who voted!
>>>
>>>
>>> I will continue on Wednesday with doing the technical bureaucracy like
>>> updating Incubator meta-files, moving repositories, websites and
>>> "closing" the dev@commonsrdf mailing list (autoreply?), as well as
>>> listing RDF on the Commons main pages.
>>>
>>>
>>> I hope it won't be too much trouble with the empty commons-rdf
>>> repository already existing: https://github.com/apache/commons-rdf --
>>> I will ask INFRA to delete that so we can formally do a rename in
>>> GitHub to keep all the pull requests and watchers. However I think the
>>> new name will be just that, commons-rdf (not "commonsrdf").
>>>
>>> Likewise I'll ask for redirects for the website after deploying it at
>>> https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rdf/ and similar for moving
>>> the dist.apache.org artifacts to be under
>>> http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/rdf/
>>>
>>>
>>> Anything I forgot? Oh, and update our pom.xml to not say "-incubating"
>>> anymore :)
>>>
>>>
>>> From now, please post/reply any Commons RDF questions to
>>> [hidden email] with the subject [RDF]. (I'll send a separate
>>> reminder about this to the dev@commonsrdf list before it closes)
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Stian Soiland-Reyes
>>> http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Matt Sicker <[hidden email]>
>>
>
>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RDF] Graduating Commons RDF to Commons PMC

Sergio Fernández
On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 11:21 AM, Andy Seaborne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There are other RDF related projects in ASF. That's a confusing choice of
> key name.


I agree. But then, how do we accommodate to the current Apache Commons
naming in Jira? Feedback would be more than welcomed.


On 30/11/16 07:33, Sergio Fernández wrote:
>>
>> Well, that's a question I also had. So far we have been using COMMONSRDF
>> as
>> Jira key. All the current components simply use the component name a key
>> [1] (e.g., LANG).
>
>

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager
Redlink GmbH
m: +43 6602747925
e: [hidden email]
w: http://redlink.co
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RDF] Graduating Commons RDF to Commons PMC

Andy Seaborne


On 30/11/16 11:03, Sergio Fernández wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 11:21 AM, Andy Seaborne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> There are other RDF related projects in ASF. That's a confusing choice of
>> key name.
>
>
> I agree. But then, how do we accommodate to the current Apache Commons
> naming in Jira? Feedback would be more than welcomed.

I read your initial message and this remark as saying it is a done deal.
  There is a raised the JIRA that represents community agreement.

One rules should not force the choice.  Yes, one factor is that there is
value in systematic naming but if that leads to disadvantages, it should
be balanced.

Leave it as COMMONSRDF for now so there is only one infra task.

It's COMMONSSITE (SITE is in use)

        Andy

>
>
> On 30/11/16 07:33, Sergio Fernández wrote:
>>>
>>> Well, that's a question I also had. So far we have been using COMMONSRDF
>>> as
>>> Jira key. All the current components simply use the component name a key
>>> [1] (e.g., LANG).
>>
>>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RDF] Graduating Commons RDF to Commons PMC

Stian Soiland-Reyes
In reply to this post by Matt Sicker
On 30 November 2016 at 03:58, Matt Sicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there anything to be done for jira? Also, don't forget to update the scm
> URLs in the pom file.

Yes, I've now changed the permissions of COMMONSRDF in Jira (should
now match IO, all "Commons developers" are 'Admins'), and asked INFRA
to change it to the commons notification scheme (issues@commons). I
also put  Apache Commons Developers  (e.g. issues@commons) as the
"Lead".

I also renamed the Jenkins build from incubator-commonsrdf to
commons-rdf (but did not change it's git repo setting yet).

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [RDF] Graduating Commons RDF to Commons PMC

Sergio Fernández
Source code repository moved to
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/commons-rdf.git

Also the github mirror: https://github.com/apache/commons-rdf

Please, change to the new remote.

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 1:23 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On 30 November 2016 at 03:58, Matt Sicker <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Is there anything to be done for jira? Also, don't forget to update the
> scm
> > URLs in the pom file.
>
> Yes, I've now changed the permissions of COMMONSRDF in Jira (should
> now match IO, all "Commons developers" are 'Admins'), and asked INFRA
> to change it to the commons notification scheme (issues@commons). I
> also put  Apache Commons Developers  (e.g. issues@commons) as the
> "Lead".
>
> I also renamed the Jenkins build from incubator-commonsrdf to
> commons-rdf (but did not change it's git repo setting yet).
>
> --
> Stian Soiland-Reyes
> http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>


--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager
Redlink GmbH
m: +43 6602747925
e: [hidden email]
w: http://redlink.co