RDF configuration serialization format

Claude Warren
Greetings,

I have been using commons configuration2 for sometime with apache jena.
The RDF format has many of the same properties of the XML format but maps
to an RDF graph rather than the XML tree.

I would like to extend and contribute the code as a new serialization
format.  What is the recommended strategy to achieve this?

Claude

<http://like-like.xenei.com>

Re: [configuration] RDF configuration serialization format

Oliver Heger-3
Hi Claude,

(Note that I have added the component name to the subject because this
is a shared list.)

Am 11.04.2018 um 10:49 schrieb Claude Warren:
> Greetings,
>
> I have been using commons configuration2 for sometime with apache jena.
> The RDF format has many of the same properties of the XML format but maps
> to an RDF graph rather than the XML tree.
>
> I would like to extend and contribute the code as a new serialization
> format.  What is the recommended strategy to achieve this?

This for sure sounds interesting!

As implementation strategy I would recommend to take XMLConfiguration or
one of the other hierarchical configurations as an example and modify it
accordingly for parsing and writing RDF data. The base classes should
already support the management of hierarchical data structures.

Maybe it is also of interest to have a look at Commons RDF [1].

When you have some working code with unit tests, just create a Jira
ticket and attach it.

Many thanks for your interest!
Oliver

[1] https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rdf/