RE: [DBCP] removeAbandoned and removeAbandonedTimeout feature

RE: [DBCP] removeAbandoned and removeAbandonedTimeout feature

Pramodh Peddi
Hi Dirk/All,

A friendly reminder about the problems I am facing when using
commons-dbcp-1.2.jar. This is what happened so far in order:

I sent the junit test.

You tested the junit and said you are unable to reproduce the problem
(but, I can reproduce the problem with the same junit test).

You asked me the version of the library I am using.

I said I am using version 1.2.

I am still facing the two problems, first one being very severe, and the
second being a 'nice to have' thing.

I can list the problems again:

1. When using *abandon* settings, to close any dangling active
connections, it is not really closing the active connections after the
configured period of time. These are my settings:

factory = org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory

username = myuser

password = mypassword

driverClassName = com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

url =
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/IMPRIVATA?autoReconnect=true&useServerPrepSt
mts=true&jdbcCompliantTruncation=false

maxActive = 15

maxWait = 360000

removeAbandonedTimeout = 1800000

removeAbandoned = true

logAbandoned = true

poolPreparedStatements = true

(Note: I tested with removeAbandonedTimeout = 60000, which is 1 minute
and it did not work)

2. When I specify the initialSize to be 12, datasource.getNumActive()
returns 12, which means there are 12 active connections lying around.
And I verified that these 12 connections are really active.

Thanks,

Pramodh.