RE: form field values(2)

Vasileios.Kantartzis
Further to my latest e-mail ..

I have discovered that the field name reference I am gatting is that of
the submit button.
Suppose we have a form with 2 text fields named tx1 and tx2 and the form
has a submit button named submit

I use something like
String s1=item.getString("tx1);
String s2=item.getString("tx2);

As soon as these lines of code get executed I get a
UnsuportedEncodingException for tx1.
Is there some   property that I have to set in the text field in my form
or do I have to handle the string extraction in another way?
Best regards
V.(Billy) Kantartzis

Surveilance & Reconnaissance Recource Centre

Command & Control Systems Devision

T:+31(0)70374-3706

F: +31(0)70374-3079

E:[hidden email]

RE: form field values(2)

sabernar
Well, for one, you have to close the quotes on your getString().  You're missing the quote:

String s1=item.getString("tx1);
String s2=item.getString("tx2);

should be:

String s1=item.getString("tx1");
String s2=item.getString("tx2");

-Shawn

RE: form field values(2)

Vasileios.Kantartzis
Yeah I just copied this by hand the quotes are fine
One more question
Each field comes as a separate item or all the data of the form come
together in one item as a bunch
From what I can see from some initial debugging each one comes separate
is this true ?