Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons RNG 1.1 Released

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons RNG 1.1 Released

garydgregory
Thank you Rob for your diligence and patience RM'ing this release through
so many RCs! :-)

Gary

On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 7:06 AM Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Apache Commons Team is pleased to announce the release of
> Apache Commons RNG 1.1.
>

> The Apache Commons RNG open source software library provides a collection
> of
> implementations of random numbers generators.
>
> Source and binary distributions are available for download from the Apache
> Commons download site:
>   http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/download_rng.cgi
>

> When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file available at
> the above location when downloading the release.
>

> Alternatively the release components can be pulled via maven:
> ----
>   <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>   <artifactId>commons-rng-client-api</artifactId>
>   <version>1.1</version>
> ----
>   <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>   <artifactId>commons-rng-core</artifactId>
>   <version>1.1</version>
> ----
>   <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>   <artifactId>commons-rng-sampling</artifactId>
>   <version>1.1</version>
> ----
>   <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>   <artifactId>commons-rng-simple</artifactId>
>   <version>1.1</version>
> ----
>
> The release notes can be reviewed at:
>   http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/rng/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>

> For complete information on Commons RNG, including instructions on how to
> submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement, see the Apache
> Commons RNG website:
>   http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/
>
> Also consider viewing our userguide:
>   http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/userguide/index.html
>

> Best regards,
> Rob Tompkins
> on behalf of the Apache Commons Community

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons RNG 1.1 Released

Rob Tompkins
Not a problem. Will try to cut the 3.8 [lang] RC1 tonight.

> On Aug 15, 2018, at 10:08 AM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thank you Rob for your diligence and patience RM'ing this release through
> so many RCs! :-)
>
> Gary
>
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 7:06 AM Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The Apache Commons Team is pleased to announce the release of
>> Apache Commons RNG 1.1.
>>

>> The Apache Commons RNG open source software library provides a collection
>> of
>> implementations of random numbers generators.
>>
>> Source and binary distributions are available for download from the Apache
>> Commons download site:
>>  http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/download_rng.cgi
>>

>> When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file available at
>> the above location when downloading the release.
>>

>> Alternatively the release components can be pulled via maven:
>> ----
>>  <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>>  <artifactId>commons-rng-client-api</artifactId>
>>  <version>1.1</version>
>> ----
>>  <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>>  <artifactId>commons-rng-core</artifactId>
>>  <version>1.1</version>
>> ----
>>  <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>>  <artifactId>commons-rng-sampling</artifactId>
>>  <version>1.1</version>
>> ----
>>  <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>>  <artifactId>commons-rng-simple</artifactId>
>>  <version>1.1</version>
>> ----
>>
>> The release notes can be reviewed at:
>>  http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/rng/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>>

>> For complete information on Commons RNG, including instructions on how to
>> submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement, see the Apache
>> Commons RNG website:
>>  http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/
>>
>> Also consider viewing our userguide:
>>  http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/userguide/index.html
>>

>> Best regards,
>> Rob Tompkins
>> on behalf of the Apache Commons Community

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons RNG 1.1 Released

thc202
Hi.

On 15/08/18 14:06, Rob Tompkins wrote:

> The Apache Commons Team is pleased to announce the release of
> Apache Commons RNG 1.1.
>

> The Apache Commons RNG open source software library provides a collection of
> implementations of random numbers generators.
>
> Source and binary distributions are available for download from the Apache
> Commons download site:
>   http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/download_rng.cgi
>

> When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file available at
> the above location when downloading the release.
>

> Alternatively the release components can be pulled via maven:
> ----
>   <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>   <artifactId>commons-rng-client-api</artifactId>
>   <version>1.1</version>
> ----
>   <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>   <artifactId>commons-rng-core</artifactId>
>   <version>1.1</version>
> ----
>   <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>   <artifactId>commons-rng-sampling</artifactId>
>   <version>1.1</version>
> ----
>   <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>   <artifactId>commons-rng-simple</artifactId>
>   <version>1.1</version>
> ----
>
> The release notes can be reviewed at:
>   http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/rng/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

"the *commons-rng-parent-1.1* release!" should be changed to "Apache
Commons RNG 1.1" ?

Best regards.

> For complete information on Commons RNG, including instructions on how to
> submit bug reports, patches, or suggestions for improvement, see the Apache
> Commons RNG website:
>   http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/
>
> Also consider viewing our userguide:
>   http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/userguide/index.html
>

> Best regards,
> Rob Tompkins
> on behalf of the Apache Commons Community

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Commons RNG 1.1 Released

Gilles Sadowski
Hello.

On Wed, 15 Aug 2018 15:46:14 +0100, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi.
>
> On 15/08/18 14:06, Rob Tompkins wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> The release notes can be reviewed at:
>>   http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/rng/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>
> "the *commons-rng-parent-1.1* release!" should be changed to "Apache
> Commons RNG 1.1" ?

Right; good catch!
Please file a report at
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/COMMONSSITE

[I guess this is automatically picked up from the POM but should
be adapted to modular components.]