Re: Jakarta EE TCKs and compatibility logo

Re: Jakarta EE TCKs and compatibility logo

Mark Thomas
Ping.

Just a gentle reminder as I haven't seen any emails to jcp-open@ as yet.

Mark

PS If you don't want to build from source, there are nightly TCK builds
available here:
https://download.eclipse.org/ee4j/jakartaee-tck/8.0.1/nightly/

On 21/01/2019 10:46, Mark Thomas wrote:

> Apologies for the noise.
>
> The correct link for [3] is:
>
> https://jakarta.ee/legal/trademark_guidelines/
>
> I've also corrected a handful of the project BCCs.
>
> Mark
>

> On 18/01/2019 22:53, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am writing to your dev@ lists (on BCC) as your project has, in the
>> past, requested access to the Java EE TCKs while they were controlled by
>> Sun and then Oracle.
>>
>> As I am sure you are aware, Java EE has moved to Eclipse and is now
>> Jakarta EE. The good news is that the TCKs have been open sourced.
>>
>> https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck
>>
>> (I haven't tried to build the latest TCK from source yet but it is on my
>> TODO list.)
>>
>> Shipping compatible implementations of the Jakarta EE specs (and being
>> able to make public statements to that effect) will be subject only to
>> the spec [1] and TCK [2] licenses. There will no longer be a TCK
>> agreement or NDA to sign. However...
>>
>> The question has arisen whether or not any ASF projects will want to use
>> the Jakarta EE compatible logo [3]. If a project wants to be able to do
>> this, there are some organisational hoops to jump through. Before the
>> ASF starts down that path the board has asked me to see if there are any
>> projects that want to use the Jakarta EE compatible logo. After all,
>> there is no point jumping through the hoops if no-one wants to use the logo.
>>
>> With the above in mind can you please discuss this amongst your project
>> community and reply back to [hidden email] whether or not your
>> project is interested in being able to use the Jakarta EE compatible
>> logo. I ask that you complete this no later than the next board meeting
>> (20th February 2019).
>>
>> If you have any questions about any of the above, please also use
>> [hidden email] to ask them.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mark
>>

>> [1] https://www.eclipse.org/legal/efsl.php
>> [2] https://www.eclipse.org/legal/tck.php
>> [3] https://www.eclipse.org/legal/tck.php

Re: Jakarta EE TCKs and compatibility logo

Which of our components implement Java EE APIs? I see:

- BSF: not sure anybody is actively working on this
- JCS: I've seen some activity

Anything else?

Benedikt

Am So., 17. Feb. 2019 um 20:01 Uhr schrieb Mark Thomas <[hidden email]>:

> Ping.
>
> Just a gentle reminder as I haven't seen any emails to jcp-open@ as yet.
>
> Mark
>
> PS If you don't want to build from source, there are nightly TCK builds
> available here:
> https://download.eclipse.org/ee4j/jakartaee-tck/8.0.1/nightly/
>

> On 21/01/2019 10:46, Mark Thomas wrote:
> > Apologies for the noise.
> >
> > The correct link for [3] is:
> >
> > https://jakarta.ee/legal/trademark_guidelines/
> >
> > I've also corrected a handful of the project BCCs.
> >
> > Mark
> >

> > On 18/01/2019 22:53, Mark Thomas wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I am writing to your dev@ lists (on BCC) as your project has, in the
> >> past, requested access to the Java EE TCKs while they were controlled by
> >> Sun and then Oracle.
> >>
> >> As I am sure you are aware, Java EE has moved to Eclipse and is now
> >> Jakarta EE. The good news is that the TCKs have been open sourced.
> >>
> >> https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck
> >>
> >> (I haven't tried to build the latest TCK from source yet but it is on my
> >> TODO list.)
> >>
> >> Shipping compatible implementations of the Jakarta EE specs (and being
> >> able to make public statements to that effect) will be subject only to
> >> the spec [1] and TCK [2] licenses. There will no longer be a TCK
> >> agreement or NDA to sign. However...
> >>
> >> The question has arisen whether or not any ASF projects will want to use
> >> the Jakarta EE compatible logo [3]. If a project wants to be able to do
> >> this, there are some organisational hoops to jump through. Before the
> >> ASF starts down that path the board has asked me to see if there are any
> >> projects that want to use the Jakarta EE compatible logo. After all,
> >> there is no point jumping through the hoops if no-one wants to use the
> logo.
> >>
> >> With the above in mind can you please discuss this amongst your project
> >> community and reply back to [hidden email] whether or not your
> >> project is interested in being able to use the Jakarta EE compatible
> >> logo. I ask that you complete this no later than the next board meeting
> >> (20th February 2019).
> >>
> >> If you have any questions about any of the above, please also use
> >> [hidden email] to ask them.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Mark
> >>

> >> [1] https://www.eclipse.org/legal/efsl.php
> >> [2] https://www.eclipse.org/legal/tck.php
> >> [3] https://www.eclipse.org/legal/tck.php

Re: Jakarta EE TCKs and compatibility logo

Rob Tompkins
I’m uncertain here.

-Rob