Re: SSH access to jakarta.apache.org

Daniel Rall
On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 19:01 +0200, Oliver Zeigermann wrote:
> Folks!
>
> As already said it seems I will need SSH access to jakarta.apache.org
> to update the jakarta commons transaction website - which I am a
> committer for.
>
> Is that right? If so who can grant that for me?

infrastructure@

Re: SSH access to jakarta.apache.org

Phil Steitz
Oliver,

Actually, you should already have ssh access to cvs.apache.org, which
is where the jakarta web pages reside.  It looks to me like
[tranaction] is maven-generated, so you should be able to publish it
directly by first generating locally, verifying that it looks good and
then using

maven -Dmaven.username=<your-user-name> site:sshdeploy

The siteAddress and siteDirectory in the [transaction] pom look
correct to me and point to where the site content resides.

If you have trouble getting the authentication to work or don't like
the idea of pushing the site out directly, you can scp a file to your
home directory, log in to cvs.apache.org, and manually extract it to
/www/jakarta.apache.org/commons/transaction.

hth,

Phil