Re: [lang] 3.2?

Henri Yandell
Of course, I mean 3.2. :)

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 11:46 PM, Henri Yandell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Heads up that I'm thinking that 3.3 is ready to be released. 10 issues
> resolved in trunk.
>
> Hen

Re: [lang] 3.2?

garydgregory
Fire it up! :)

Despite what Clirr reports, are the changes really binary compatible?

Gary

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 2:48 AM, Henri Yandell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Of course, I mean 3.2. :)
>
> On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 11:46 PM, Henri Yandell <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Heads up that I'm thinking that 3.3 is ready to be released. 10 issues
> > resolved in trunk.
> >
> > Hen

E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [lang] 3.2?

Henri Yandell
Three changes of interest. Two are the removal of final on public
methods. The other is the addition of Serializable to StrBuilder.

Which is the worry? And is it a big enough worry to not keep the change?

Hen

On Dec 31, 2011, at 3:46, Henri Yandell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Three changes of interest. Two are the removal of final on public
> methods. The other is the addition of Serializable to StrBuilder.
>
> Which is the worry? And is it a big enough worry to not keep the change?

I am asking because we have been making a big deal about bin inccompat
leading to package name change.

Gary

> Hen
>
> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 6:07 AM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Fire it up! :)
>>
>> Despite what Clirr reports, are the changes really binary compatible?
>>
>> Gary
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 2:48 AM, Henri Yandell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Of course, I mean 3.2. :)

>> --
>> E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
>> JUnit in Action, 2nd Ed: <http://goog_1249600977>http://bit.ly/ECvg0
>> Spring Batch in Action: <http://s.apache.org/HOq>http://bit.ly/bqpbCK
>> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
>> Home: http://garygregory.com/

Re: [lang] 3.2?

jodastephen
On 31 December 2011 08:45, Henri Yandell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Three changes of interest. Two are the removal of final on public
> methods. The other is the addition of Serializable to StrBuilder.

As described above, those are source and binary compatible.

Stephen