Re: [lang3] Problem with the OSGi metadata: Bundle-SymbolicName / breaking change between 3.7 and 3.8

Re: [lang3] Problem with the OSGi metadata: Bundle-SymbolicName / breaking change between 3.7 and 3.8

Benedikt Ritter-4
... bringing this to the developers list...

I think this issue has been caused by this change:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=1833874&r2=1833926

I don't understand why an update of the commons build plugin had to change
the OSGi meta data being generated. Maybe the change
to commons.osgi.symbolicName was by accident? Can it be reverted?

Am Do., 6. Sep. 2018 um 21:35 Uhr schrieb P. Ottlinger <
[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for quick response ...
>
> Am 06.09.2018 um 21:24 schrieb Oliver Heger:
> > So opening a ticket in Jira would be the correct action to take.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-1419
>
> Done :-) Hopefully I didn't miss any important stuff in Jira.
>
> Cheers,
> Phil

Re: [lang3] Problem with the OSGi metadata: Bundle-SymbolicName / breaking change between 3.7 and 3.8

Benedikt Ritter-4
I've checked the commons-csv build, since commons-lang is somehow special
because of the componentId being lang3 (we talked about this on the other
thread). It looks like this change also broke commons-csv. I think we
should revert it.

Benedikt

Am Mi., 19. Sep. 2018 um 10:25 Uhr schrieb Benedikt Ritter <
[hidden email]>:

> ... bringing this to the developers list...
>
> I think this issue has been caused by this change:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=1833874&r2=1833926
>
> I don't understand why an update of the commons build plugin had to change
> the OSGi meta data being generated. Maybe the change
> to commons.osgi.symbolicName was by accident? Can it be reverted?
>
> Regards,
> Benedikt
>
> Am Do., 6. Sep. 2018 um 21:35 Uhr schrieb P. Ottlinger <
> [hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> thanks for quick response ...
>>
>> Am 06.09.2018 um 21:24 schrieb Oliver Heger:
>> > So opening a ticket in Jira would be the correct action to take.
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-1419
>>
>> Done :-) Hopefully I didn't miss any important stuff in Jira.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Phil

Re: [lang3] Problem with the OSGi metadata: Bundle-SymbolicName / breaking change between 3.7 and 3.8

> On Sep 19, 2018, at 4:25 AM, Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> ... bringing this to the developers list...
>
> I think this issue has been caused by this change:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=1833874&r2=1833926

Do we roll a 3.8.1?

-Rob

> I don't understand why an update of the commons build plugin had to change
> the OSGi meta data being generated. Maybe the change
> to commons.osgi.symbolicName was by accident? Can it be reverted?
>
> Regards,
> Benedikt
>
> Am Do., 6. Sep. 2018 um 21:35 Uhr schrieb P. Ottlinger <
> [hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> thanks for quick response ...
>>
>>> Am 06.09.2018 um 21:24 schrieb Oliver Heger:
>>> So opening a ticket in Jira would be the correct action to take.
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-1419
>>
>> Done :-) Hopefully I didn't miss any important stuff in Jira.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Phil

Re: [lang3] Problem with the OSGi metadata: Bundle-SymbolicName / breaking change between 3.7 and 3.8

Am Mi., 19. Sep. 2018 um 13:44 Uhr schrieb Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]
>:

> > On Sep 19, 2018, at 4:25 AM, Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > ... bringing this to the developers list...
> >
> > I think this issue has been caused by this change:
> >
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=1833874&r2=1833926
>
> Do we roll a 3.8.1?

I plan to do so once I've released commons-csv 1.6. We probably need to
create 3.8.1 based on the 3.8 release tag because we already introduced the
Java 8 changes on the master branch and I don't think those changes should
be included in a patch release.

> -Rob
> >
> > I don't understand why an update of the commons build plugin had to
> change
> > the OSGi meta data being generated. Maybe the change
> > to commons.osgi.symbolicName was by accident? Can it be reverted?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Benedikt
> >
> > Am Do., 6. Sep. 2018 um 21:35 Uhr schrieb P. Ottlinger <
> > [hidden email]>:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> thanks for quick response ...

> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-1419
> >>
> >> Done :-) Hopefully I didn't miss any important stuff in Jira.
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Phil

Re: [lang3] Problem with the OSGi metadata: Bundle-SymbolicName / breaking change between 3.7 and 3.8

Rob Tompkins
Do we have a JIRA for this?

> On Sep 19, 2018, at 7:59 AM, Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Am Mi., 19. Sep. 2018 um 13:44 Uhr schrieb Rob Tompkins <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> :
>

>>> On Sep 19, 2018, at 4:25 AM, Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> ... bringing this to the developers list...
>>>
>>> I think this issue has been caused by this change:
>>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=1833874&r2=1833926 <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=1833874&r2=1833926>
>>
>> Do we roll a 3.8.1?
>>

> I plan to do so once I've released commons-csv 1.6. We probably need to
> create 3.8.1 based on the 3.8 release tag because we already introduced the
> Java 8 changes on the master branch and I don't think those changes should
> be included in a patch release.
>
> Regards,
> Benedikt
>

>> -Rob
>>>
>>> I don't understand why an update of the commons build plugin had to
>> change
>>> the OSGi meta data being generated. Maybe the change
>>> to commons.osgi.symbolicName was by accident? Can it be reverted?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Benedikt

>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: [lang3] Problem with the OSGi metadata: Bundle-SymbolicName / breaking change between 3.7 and 3.8

Benedikt Ritter-4
Am Mi., 19. Sep. 2018 um 16:42 Uhr schrieb Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]
>:

> Do we have a JIRA for this?

Yes, it's LANG-1419 and COMMONSSITE-125

Benedikt

> > On Sep 19, 2018, at 7:59 AM, Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Am Mi., 19. Sep. 2018 um 13:44 Uhr schrieb Rob Tompkins <
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> >> :

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=1833874&r2=1833926
> <
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=1833874&r2=1833926
> >

> >> Do we roll a 3.8.1?
> >>

> > I plan to do so once I've released commons-csv 1.6. We probably need to
> > create 3.8.1 based on the 3.8 release tag because we already introduced
> the
> > Java 8 changes on the master branch and I don't think those changes
> should
> > be included in a patch release.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Benedikt
> >

> >> -Rob

> >> change

> [hidden email]>
> >> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email] <mailto:
> [hidden email]>

Re: [lang3] Problem with the OSGi metadata: Bundle-SymbolicName / breaking change between 3.7 and 3.8

P. Ottlinger

Am 19.09.2018 um 13:44 schrieb Rob Tompkins:

>> On Sep 19, 2018, at 4:25 AM, Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> ... bringing this to the developers list...
>>
>> I think this issue has been caused by this change:
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=1833874&r2=1833926
>
> Do we roll a 3.8.1?

Phil

Re: [lang3] Problem with the OSGi metadata: Bundle-SymbolicName / breaking change between 3.7 and 3.8

garydgregory
On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 2:33 PM P. Ottlinger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 19.09.2018 um 13:44 schrieb Rob Tompkins:
> >

> >> On Sep 19, 2018, at 4:25 AM, Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> ... bringing this to the developers list...
> >>
> >> I think this issue has been caused by this change:
> >>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=1833874&r2=1833926
> >
> > Do we roll a 3.8.1?
>

> +1

The VOTE in already under way...