Release Managers?

garydgregory
Hi All:

It looks like we have a release manager volunteer for Commons Pool 2.6.1;
thank you Mark!

I'd also like to see releases for:

- Commons Release
- Commons Parent
- Commons Text, then Commons Configuration after a teak in Config to use a
new Text feature.
- Commons Pool
- Commons Collection, a request from OpenJPA

Anything else imminent?

We also have Commons BeanUtils that will be a major release but I am not
sure if more API breakage/deprecation is needed.

Re: Release Managers?

Bruno P. Kinoshita-3
If anyone would like to take over commons-imaging 1.0-alpha1 release. We had up to RC2 I think, so there should be little left to do.
I can volunteer around x-mas or January/19 I think.
Bruno

Re: Release Managers?

Mark Struberg-2
Let's see how the commons-pool2 release works out.
If it does then we have significantly reduced the work to run the release.

It's basically down to:

* ensure jira tickets are resolved and tracked in changes.xml
* generate the release_notes updates
* create a release branch with %> git checkout -b release_prj_nnn
* run the mvn release:prepare + mvn release:perform
* review the staging repo at repository.apache.org and close it for the VOTE
* push the release branch + tag to a private repo (so we do not clutter the ASF one in case the vote fails later)
* send the VOTE mail pointing to the staging repo

After the vote succeeds:
* propagate/release the Nexus staging repo
* merge the release-branch to master + push the tag to the ASF git repo
* publish the dist/release area from the staging repo or from local.
* create the site, etc

But let's see what I missed before we gonna spread this approach ;)

LieGrue,
strub

PS: for getting GIT setup one needs to tweak the root pom.xlm
https://github.com/apache/commons-pool/blob/master/pom.xml#L188