Sandbox karma request (was Re: primitives)

Sandbox karma request (was Re: primitives)

Rahul Akolkar
Pretty sure it will when psteitz sees it, but changing subject here
for better visibility.

Sandbox karma requested by bimargulies.

-Rahul

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Did my email register as a request for sandbox karma?
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 11:24 PM, Henri Yandell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Or you could start up a sandbox project. We've had good success with
>> ASF committers creating a sandbox branch of a released component, and
>> after diving in for a while it's then merged in to trunk where they
>> then become one of the most active coders of that component.
>>
>> So +1 to a sandbox branch to primitives if you have ideas you'd like
>> to play with. ASF committers get karma to the sandbox on request, so
>> just need you to want to do that and we can add karma.
>>
>> Hen
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Stephen,
>>>
>>> It's interesting to me that the world in general knows about Trove,
>>> but not so much this.
>>>
>>> The fact that the front page is labelled with a snapshot version might
>>> have something to do with it, but I am kind of mystified. One thing
>>> that I'd like to add that Trove has is a full generic object hash map
>>> that is an open hash to avoid the space bloat of the stock Java
>>> HashMap.
>>>
>>> I am willing to make time to work on this. Since I'm not a committer
>>> at commons, I'm thinking that my proposed lab is a reasonable place to
>>> put in some effort and then bring it back into commons. Or maybe I
>>> should just start teeing up patches at commons? I find that
>>> reorganizing changes that might be called for to do generics and such
>>> are really clumsy  in patches, so svn cp-ing to a lab might still make
>>> sense.
>>>
>>> I'm copy the labs list to test if I'm making a particle of sense.
>>>
>>> --benson

Re: Sandbox karma request (was Re: primitives)

Benson Margulies
Oh, oops, sorry about the one more message on the old thread.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Rahul Akolkar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Pretty sure it will when psteitz sees it, but changing subject here
> for better visibility.
>
> Sandbox karma requested by bimargulies.
>
> -Rahul
>

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Did my email register as a request for sandbox karma?
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 11:24 PM, Henri Yandell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Or you could start up a sandbox project. We've had good success with
>>> ASF committers creating a sandbox branch of a released component, and
>>> after diving in for a while it's then merged in to trunk where they
>>> then become one of the most active coders of that component.
>>>
>>> So +1 to a sandbox branch to primitives if you have ideas you'd like
>>> to play with. ASF committers get karma to the sandbox on request, so
>>> just need you to want to do that and we can add karma.
>>>
>>> Hen

Re: Sandbox karma request (was Re: primitives)

Phil Steitz
Benson Margulies wrote:
> Oh, oops, sorry about the one more message on the old thread.
>
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Rahul Akolkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Pretty sure it will when psteitz sees it, but changing subject here
>> for better visibility.
>>
>> Sandbox karma requested by bimargulies.

Done.  Welcome!

Phil

>> -Rahul
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Did my email register as a request for sandbox karma?

Re: Sandbox karma request (was Re: primitives)

Benson Margulies
Thanks. Can you point me to a page describing where the sandy area is in svn?

Benson Margulies wrote:
> Thanks. Can you point me to a page describing where the sandy area is in svn?

http://commons.apache.org/svninfo.html

Phil

> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Phil Steitz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Benson Margulies wrote:
>>> Oh, oops, sorry about the one more message on the old thread.

>> Done.  Welcome!
>>
>> Phil

Re: Sandbox karma request (was Re: primitives)

Benson Margulies
Looks like I create a structure in sandbox/primitives and go from there.