Sandbox politeness

Benson Margulies
I'm inclined to push the current content of primitives down a
directory to make a space to put a benchmark module. Is that
objectionable?

Re: Sandbox politeness

Phil Steitz
Benson Margulies wrote:
> I'm inclined to push the current content of primitives down a
> directory to make a space to put a benchmark module. Is that
> objectionable?

In the sandox, pretty much anything goes. Playing nice with others
is of course highly valued, but until they jump in...

All you should be concerned about is what will happen if and when
you merge back into the proper component.  Changing the package name
and structure is not only OK, but advisable if changes are not going
to be backward compatible.

Phil

Re: Sandbox politeness

James Carman
So, you're saying you're going to have a "core" module and a benchmark
module?  Both of them under a pom-style project called
primitives-parent or something like that?

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm inclined to push the current content of primitives down a
> directory to make a space to put a benchmark module. Is that
> objectionable?

Re: Sandbox politeness

Benson Margulies
Yes. I need to get educated on the existing primitives parent
structure and conventions.

However, now that I've understood what is and isn't in the current
primitives, I'm leaving the structure alone and concentrating on
implementing the big missing chunk, and if I succeed at that I'll
return to housekeeping questions.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 9:15 PM, James Carman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> So, you're saying you're going to have a "core" module and a benchmark
> module?  Both of them under a pom-style project called
> primitives-parent or something like that?
>
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I'm inclined to push the current content of primitives down a
>> directory to make a space to put a benchmark module. Is that
>> objectionable?

Re: Sandbox politeness

James Carman
Yeah I'd say just get some code in there for now.  We can clean it up later
when it goes into proper after all your hard work!

On Dec 5, 2009 9:55 AM, "Benson Margulies" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yes. I need to get educated on the existing primitives parent
structure and conventions.

However, now that I've understood what is and isn't in the current
primitives, I'm leaving the structure alone and concentrating on
implementing the big missing chunk, and if I succeed at that I'll
return to housekeeping questions.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 9:15 PM, James Carman <[hidden email]>
wrote: > So, you're sayin...

Re: Sandbox politeness

Benson Margulies
I've ordered a copy of Knuth since i can't find mine and i need to
refresh some very stale neurons on the subject of hashing.