Status of Jelly project

Kees van Dieren-3
Hi,

What is the status of Jelly, is there actually any development around this
project?

Its features seems powerfull to me, but I do not see very much users that
are using it.

I'm just guessing who are using it, is anyone using Jelly as a rendering
engine for web applications (for example, as a replacement for JSP)?

Kind regards,

Kees van Dieren
Senior Software Engineer

MP Objects Supply Chain Software
Stationsplein 45
3013 AK Rotterdam
The Netherlands

Post address:
Postbus 29126
3001 GC Rotterdam

Mobile: +31 (0)6-43068619
Phone: +31 (0)10-2900304
Fax: +31 (0)10-2900305

Re: Status of Jelly project

Hale India
Hi

We use it for our project,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/compiere-mfgscm
But we are also looking to know actual status of Jelly
project.

Andre

--- Kees van Dieren <[hidden email]>

> What is the status of Jelly, is there actually any
> development around this
> project?
>
> Its features seems powerfull to me, but I do not see
> very much users that
> are using it.
>
> I'm just guessing who are using it, is anyone using
> Jelly as a rendering
> engine for web applications (for example, as a
> replacement for JSP)?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Kees van Dieren
> Senior Software Engineer
>
> MP Objects Supply Chain Software
> Stationsplein 45
> 3013 AK Rotterdam
> The Netherlands
>
> Post address:
> Postbus 29126
> 3001 GC Rotterdam
>
> Mobile: +31 (0)6-43068619
> Phone: +31 (0)10-2900304
> Fax: +31 (0)10-2900305

Re: Status of Jelly project

Jason Vinson
We are using the 1.0 release as well for an ETL style transformation
workflow engine.  We currently use the core, util, and xml tag
libraries, as well as a custom library to make jelly fit in with our
domain.

Having said that, I'm definitely interested in the status/roadmap of
jelly,
Jason

On Oct 25, 2005, at 6:42 AM, Kees van Dieren wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the status of Jelly, is there actually any development
> around this
> project?
>
> Its features seems powerfull to me, but I do not see very much
> users that
> are using it.
>
> I'm just guessing who are using it, is anyone using Jelly as a
> rendering
> engine for web applications (for example, as a replacement for JSP)?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Kees van Dieren
> Senior Software Engineer
>
> MP Objects Supply Chain Software
> Stationsplein 45
> 3013 AK Rotterdam
> The Netherlands
>
> Post address:
> Postbus 29126
> 3001 GC Rotterdam
>
> Mobile: +31 (0)6-43068619
> Phone: +31 (0)10-2900304
> Fax: +31 (0)10-2900305

Re: Status of Jelly project

Dion Gillard-2
There is still development happening on Jelly.

It's used heavily in Maven 1.0 and Maven 1.1 and lots of us use it for
general templating, similar to velocity.

On 10/25/05, Kees van Dieren <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the status of Jelly, is there actually any development around this
> project?
>
> Its features seems powerfull to me, but I do not see very much users that
> are using it.
>
> I'm just guessing who are using it, is anyone using Jelly as a rendering
> engine for web applications (for example, as a replacement for JSP)?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Kees van Dieren
> Senior Software Engineer
>
> MP Objects Supply Chain Software
> Stationsplein 45
> 3013 AK Rotterdam
> The Netherlands
>
> Post address:
> Postbus 29126
> 3001 GC Rotterdam
>
> Mobile: +31 (0)6-43068619
> Phone: +31 (0)10-2900304
> Fax: +31 (0)10-2900305

Bernard Shaw

Re: Status of Jelly project

Paul Libbrecht
I'm using it for xml generation in jEditOQMath... though quite shy.
I intend to use it much more for templating of Swing-based wizards.

Active development of jelly is happening when their developers find
time which has a bad tendency to be rare. Currently, as it fits their
purposes, there's no major work happening but there are tasks left-over
which need to be faced before any major release. See the mailing-list
commons-dev. Among others such tasks include the proper-definition of
stateful vs stateless tags through interface flagging.

We should probably enhance more the "powered-by". Anyone against moving
this page to a wiki page ?

paul

Le 26 oct. 05, à 00:58, Dion Gillard a écrit :

> There is still development happening on Jelly.
>
> It's used heavily in Maven 1.0 and Maven 1.1 and lots of us use it for
> general templating, similar to velocity.
>
> On 10/25/05, Kees van Dieren <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> What is the status of Jelly, is there actually any development around
>> this
>> project?
>>
>> Its features seems powerfull to me, but I do not see very much users
>> that
>> are using it.
>>
>> I'm just guessing who are using it, is anyone using Jelly as a
>> rendering
>> engine for web applications (for example, as a replacement for JSP)?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Kees van Dieren
>> Senior Software Engineer
>>
>> MP Objects Supply Chain Software
>> Stationsplein 45
>> 3013 AK Rotterdam
>> The Netherlands
>>
>> Post address:
>> Postbus 29126
>> 3001 GC Rotterdam
>>
>> Mobile: +31 (0)6-43068619
>> Phone: +31 (0)10-2900304
>> Fax: +31 (0)10-2900305

> "You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your
> reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live." - George
> Bernard Shaw

RE: Status of Jelly project

Hans Gilde-3
I use it to build complicated Swing screens including Wizards.

Agreed on the time problem.

Ben meaning to get the Wiki going for ages. +1