StringEscapeUtils Performance

SenthilKumar K
Hello Experts , We have been using the String Escape Utils API to escape
JSON data. I'm observing the performance issue in this API. Total length of
String input varies between 100 to 1K. Am i using the API in right way ?
Any input to improve the performance  would be greatly appreciated.

import org.apache.commons.text.StringEscapeUtils;

StringEscapeUtils.escapeJson(data);

Library Version :

  <dependency>
     <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
     <artifactId>commons-text</artifactId>
     <version>1.6</version>
  </dependency>

--Senthil

Re: StringEscapeUtils Performance

garydgregory
I think you'll need to measure your use cases from VisualVM or a similar
tool. You can then propose changes or at the very least present concrete
data.

Gary

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 10:26 AM SenthilKumar K <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello Experts , We have been using the String Escape Utils API to escape
> JSON data. I'm observing the performance issue in this API. Total length of
> String input varies between 100 to 1K. Am i using the API in right way ?
> Any input to improve the performance  would be greatly appreciated.
>

> import org.apache.commons.text.StringEscapeUtils;
>

> StringEscapeUtils.escapeJson(data);
>

> Library Version :
>
>   <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
>      <artifactId>commons-text</artifactId>
>      <version>1.6</version>
>   </dependency>
>

> --Senthil

Re: StringEscapeUtils Performance

SenthilKumar K
Thanks Gary. Using Visual VM is part of my plan. Before starting the
measurement wanted to check with users if anyone faced similar performance
issues with StringEscapeUtils API.

--Senthil