[TEXT] beta release notes

sebb-2-2
It occurs to me that the beta release will not be source or binary
compatible with the first GA release (assuming that this drops the
.beta package name segment).

I don't think this is a problem, but we do need to make it very clear
in the release notes and the announce and on the download page that
the eventual GA release will not be a drop-in replacement

Re: [TEXT] beta release notes

garydgregory
Agreed!

Gary

On Feb 7, 2017 8:36 AM, "sebb" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It occurs to me that the beta release will not be source or binary
> compatible with the first GA release (assuming that this drops the
> .beta package name segment).
>
> I don't think this is a problem, but we do need to make it very clear
> in the release notes and the announce and on the download page that
> the eventual GA release will not be a drop-in replacement

Re: [TEXT] beta release notes

Rob Tompkins
Agreed.

-Rob