[VFS] Breaking BC in provider

garydgregory
With SVN trunk, Clirr currently reports:

Re: [VFS] Breaking BC in provider

garydgregory
[Sent too soon, sorry]

With SVN trunk, Clirr currently reports:

[ERROR] 7012: org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.ftp.FtpClient: Method
'public int getReplyCode()' has been added to an interface

Do we have a policy to keep BC on providers as opposed to the higher level
VFS API?

Gary

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 1:26 PM Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> With SVN trunk, Clirr currently reports:

Re: [VFS] Breaking BC in provider

garydgregory
Never mind, that's a false positive. Clirr is not too old to know about
Java 8 default methods.

Gary

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 1:27 PM Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [Sent too soon, sorry]
>
> With SVN trunk, Clirr currently reports:
>
> [ERROR] 7012: org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.ftp.FtpClient: Method
> 'public int getReplyCode()' has been added to an interface
>
> Do we have a policy to keep BC on providers as opposed to the higher level
> VFS API?
>
> Gary
>
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 1:26 PM Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> With SVN trunk, Clirr currently reports:

Re: [VFS] Breaking BC in provider

Otto Fowler
Can you start over? :)