[VFS] Code Review Tool?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[VFS] Code Review Tool?

Mark Fortner-3
Recently Bernd posted a code review of a few of the RAM provider classes.
That kind of feedback is very useful, and it made me wonder if there was a
standard way within commons to do code reviews?  I know that apache makes a
lot of use of Atlassian software, and I've used their Crucible code review
tool before.  Is Crucible available for use?  Or is there some other
approach that should be used?

Cheers,

Mark
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VFS] Code Review Tool?

Bernd Eckenfels
Am 08.08.2013, 20:03 Uhr, schrieb Mark Fortner <[hidden email]>:

> Recently Bernd posted a code review of a few of the RAM provider classes.
> That kind of feedback is very useful, and it made me wonder if there was  
> a
> standard way within commons to do code reviews?  I know that apache  
> makes a
> lot of use of Atlassian software, and I've used their Crucible code  
> review
> tool before.  Is Crucible available for use?  Or is there some other
> approach that should be used?

I cant speak for Apache Commons, but if you want me to use a tool in the  
future, I could use Jupiter(Eclipse) it kind of works without the need for  
any server project infrastructure.

http://code.google.com/p/jupiter-eclipse-plugin/wiki/UserGuide

Greetings
Bernd
--
http://www.zusammenkunft.net

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VFS] Code Review Tool?

garydgregory
On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Bernd Eckenfels <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Am 08.08.2013, 20:03 Uhr, schrieb Mark Fortner <[hidden email]>:
>
>
>  Recently Bernd posted a code review of a few of the RAM provider classes.
>> That kind of feedback is very useful, and it made me wonder if there was a
>> standard way within commons to do code reviews?  I know that apache makes
>> a
>> lot of use of Atlassian software, and I've used their Crucible code review
>> tool before.  Is Crucible available for use?  Or is there some other
>> approach that should be used?
>>
>
> I cant speak for Apache Commons, but if you want me to use a tool in the
> future, I could use Jupiter(Eclipse) it kind of works without the need for
> any server project infrastructure.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/**jupiter-eclipse-plugin/wiki/**UserGuide<http://code.google.com/p/jupiter-eclipse-plugin/wiki/UserGuide>
>

I'm not sure I want yet another tool to fiddle with, does it work with
Eclipse 4.3?

Between the ML and JIRA, we do reach the right audience. I love Eclipse,
but I know other people love other IDEs too.

Gary

>
> Greetings
> Bernd
> --
> http://www.zusammenkunft.net
>
> ------------------------------**------------------------------**---------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.**apache.org<[hidden email]>
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>


--
E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
JUnit in Action, Second Edition <http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/>
Spring Batch in Action <http://www.manning.com/templier/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VFS] Code Review Tool?

Mark Fortner-3
In reply to this post by Bernd Eckenfels
Bernd,
That looks interesting, but I don't see any way to publish the review.  The
nice thing about Crucible is that it's web-based and integrated with JIRA.

Cheers,

Mark



On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Bernd Eckenfels <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Am 08.08.2013, 20:03 Uhr, schrieb Mark Fortner <[hidden email]>:
>
>
>  Recently Bernd posted a code review of a few of the RAM provider classes.
>> That kind of feedback is very useful, and it made me wonder if there was a
>> standard way within commons to do code reviews?  I know that apache makes
>> a
>> lot of use of Atlassian software, and I've used their Crucible code review
>> tool before.  Is Crucible available for use?  Or is there some other
>> approach that should be used?
>>
>
> I cant speak for Apache Commons, but if you want me to use a tool in the
> future, I could use Jupiter(Eclipse) it kind of works without the need for
> any server project infrastructure.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/**jupiter-eclipse-plugin/wiki/**UserGuide<http://code.google.com/p/jupiter-eclipse-plugin/wiki/UserGuide>
>
> Greetings
> Bernd
> --
> http://www.zusammenkunft.net
>
> ------------------------------**------------------------------**---------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@commons.**apache.org<[hidden email]>
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>