[VFS] Logging levels

garydgregory
Hi All,

IMO, due to the low-level nature of Commons VFS, I think it not log at the
INFO level. Every chatty log events should be at the DEBUG or TRACE level.

I'd like to change all INFO messages to DEBUG or TRACE (depending on the
message)

Thoughts?

Re: [VFS] Logging levels

garydgregory
There is only ONE message logged at the INFO level, it's still annoying.
IMO.

Gary

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> IMO, due to the low-level nature of Commons VFS, I think it not log at the
> INFO level. Every chatty log events should be at the DEBUG or TRACE level.
>
> I'd like to change all INFO messages to DEBUG or TRACE (depending on the
> message)
>
> Thoughts?

Re: [VFS] Logging levels

Bruno P. Kinoshita-3
I'm OK with this change.

If it's something important, we can remove and just include a note in the release notes saying it is now logged under a different level.

Cheers
Bruno

________________________________
There is only ONE message logged at the INFO level, it's still annoying.
IMO.

Gary

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> IMO, due to the low-level nature of Commons VFS, I think it not log at the
> INFO level. Every chatty log events should be at the DEBUG or TRACE level.
>
> I'd like to change all INFO messages to DEBUG or TRACE (depending on the
> message)
>
> Thoughts?

Re: [VFS] Logging levels

garydgregory
On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 4:06 PM, Bruno P. Kinoshita <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm OK with this change.
>
> If it's something important, we can remove and just include a note in the
> release notes saying it is now logged under a different level.

I will create a JIRA for it...

Gary