[VFS] Tests fail on Java 11

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[VFS] Tests fail on Java 11

garydgregory
Now that 2.3 is done, I'd like some help to get the build running on Java
11, which currently fails in the tests:

https://travis-ci.org/apache/commons-vfs/jobs/488728611

The failures might all be related to the antique version of Apache Mina and
JackRabbit we are using.

Does anyone have the knowledge to help here?

Thank you,
Gary
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VFS] Tests fail on Java 11

Otto Fowler
I have not done java 11 work before, but I would like to help


On February 4, 2019 at 17:29:38, Gary Gregory ([hidden email])
wrote:

Now that 2.3 is done, I'd like some help to get the build running on Java
11, which currently fails in the tests:

https://travis-ci.org/apache/commons-vfs/jobs/488728611

The failures might all be related to the antique version of Apache Mina and
JackRabbit we are using.

Does anyone have the knowledge to help here?

Thank you,
Gary
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VFS] Tests fail on Java 11

Pascal Schumacher
In reply to this post by garydgregory
Just a guess, but

Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: No available
authentication scheme

seems to hint at TLSĀ  version / cypher suite changes. The antique
versions probably want to use a cypher suite that is disabled on Java
11, e.g. 3DES

https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/11-relnote-issues-5012449.html#JDK-8175075

For more details see:

https://java.com/en/jre-jdk-cryptoroadmap.html

https://www.java.com/en/configure_crypto.html

Am 04.02.2019 um 23:29 schrieb Gary Gregory:

> Now that 2.3 is done, I'd like some help to get the build running on Java
> 11, which currently fails in the tests:
>
> https://travis-ci.org/apache/commons-vfs/jobs/488728611
>
> The failures might all be related to the antique version of Apache Mina and
> JackRabbit we are using.
>
> Does anyone have the knowledge to help here?
>
> Thank you,
> Gary
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VFS] Tests fail on Java 11

garydgregory
On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 1:33 PM Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Just a guess, but
>
> Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: No available
> authentication scheme
>
> seems to hint at TLS  version / cypher suite changes. The antique
> versions probably want to use a cypher suite that is disabled on Java
> 11, e.g. 3DES
>

As I mentioned in the initial message: "The failures might all be related
to the antique version of Apache Mina and JackRabbit we are using."

Gary


>
>
> https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/11-relnote-issues-5012449.html#JDK-8175075
>
> For more details see:
>
> https://java.com/en/jre-jdk-cryptoroadmap.html
>
> https://www.java.com/en/configure_crypto.html
>
> Am 04.02.2019 um 23:29 schrieb Gary Gregory:
> > Now that 2.3 is done, I'd like some help to get the build running on Java
> > 11, which currently fails in the tests:
> >
> > https://travis-ci.org/apache/commons-vfs/jobs/488728611
> >
> > The failures might all be related to the antique version of Apache Mina
> and
> > JackRabbit we are using.
> >
> > Does anyone have the knowledge to help here?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Gary
> >
>
>