[VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

[VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

Benedikt Ritter-4
Hi all,

after long discussions I think we have gathered enough information to
decide whether we want to accept the Chimera project as a new Apache
Commons component.

Proposed name: Apache Commons Crypto
Proposal text:
https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/blob/master/PROPOSAL.html
Initial Code Base:  https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/
Initial Committers (Names in alphabetical order):
- Aaron T. Myers ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original
Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
- Andrew Wang ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original
Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
- Chris Nauroth ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC and active
reviewer)
- Colin P. McCabe ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the
original Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
- Dapeng Sun ([hidden email], Apache Sentry Committer, Chimera contributor)
- Dian Fu ([hidden email], Apache Sqoop Committer, Chimera contributor)
- Dong Chen ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer,interested on Chimera)
- Ferdinand Xu ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer, Chimera contributor)
- Haifeng Chen ([hidden email], Chimera lead and code contributor)
- Marcelo Vanzin (Apache Spark Committer, Chimera contributor)
- Uma Maheswara Rao G ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the
original Crypto dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
- Yi Liu ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the original Crypto
dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)

Please review the proposal and vote.
This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after 0900
GMT 24-Mar 2016

  [ ] +1 Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component
  [ ] +0 OK, but...
  [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
  [ ] -1 I oppose this because...

Thank you!

Re: [VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

Bernd Eckenfels
+1 Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

Gruss
Bernd

Re: [VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

Luc Maisonobe-2
+1 for new component.

Luc

Le 21/03/2016 09:57, Bernd Eckenfels a écrit :

> +1 Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component
>

> Gruss
> Bernd

Sergio Fernández
+1 (non-binding)

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 10:39 AM, Luc Maisonobe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 for new component.
>
> Luc
>
> Le 21/03/2016 09:57, Bernd Eckenfels a écrit :
> > +1 Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component
> >

> > Gruss
> > Bernd

Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager
Redlink GmbH
m: +43 6602747925
e: [hidden email]
w: http://redlink.co

Re: [VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

Uwe Barthel
+1 (non-binding)

> On 21 Mar 2016, at 11:05, Sergio Fernández <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1 (non-binding)
>
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 10:39 AM, Luc Maisonobe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> +1 for new component.
>>
>> Luc
>>
>> Le 21/03/2016 09:57, Bernd Eckenfels a écrit :
>>> +1 Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component
>>>

>>> Gruss
>>> Bernd

Emmanuel Bourg-3
+1 for the new component

However the name may be misleading since the scope is limited.

Emmanuel Bourg

Le 21/03/2016 09:45, Benedikt Ritter a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> after long discussions I think we have gathered enough information to
> decide whether we want to accept the Chimera project as a new Apache
> Commons component.
>
> Proposed name: Apache Commons Crypto
> Proposal text:
> https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/blob/master/PROPOSAL.html
> Initial Code Base:  https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/
> Initial Committers (Names in alphabetical order):
> - Aaron T. Myers ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original
> Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
> - Andrew Wang ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original
> Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
> - Chris Nauroth ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC and active
> reviewer)
> - Colin P. McCabe ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the
> original Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
> - Dapeng Sun ([hidden email], Apache Sentry Committer, Chimera contributor)
> - Dian Fu ([hidden email], Apache Sqoop Committer, Chimera contributor)
> - Dong Chen ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer,interested on Chimera)
> - Ferdinand Xu ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer, Chimera contributor)
> - Haifeng Chen ([hidden email], Chimera lead and code contributor)
> - Marcelo Vanzin (Apache Spark Committer, Chimera contributor)
> - Uma Maheswara Rao G ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the
> original Crypto dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
> - Yi Liu ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the original Crypto
> dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
>
> Please review the proposal and vote.
> This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after 0900
> GMT 24-Mar 2016
>
>   [ ] +1 Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component
>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose this because...
>
> Thank you!
> Benedikt

Re: [VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

James Carman
-0, I don't like the idea of a JNI library.

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 4:45 AM Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> after long discussions I think we have gathered enough information to
> decide whether we want to accept the Chimera project as a new Apache
> Commons component.
>
> Proposed name: Apache Commons Crypto
> Proposal text:
> https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/blob/master/PROPOSAL.html
> Initial Code Base:  https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/
> Initial Committers (Names in alphabetical order):
> - Aaron T. Myers ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original
> Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
> - Andrew Wang ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original
> Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
> - Chris Nauroth ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC and active
> reviewer)
> - Colin P. McCabe ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the
> original Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
> - Dapeng Sun ([hidden email], Apache Sentry Committer, Chimera
> contributor)
> - Dian Fu ([hidden email], Apache Sqoop Committer, Chimera contributor)
> - Dong Chen ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer,interested on
> Chimera)
> - Ferdinand Xu ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer, Chimera
> contributor)
> - Haifeng Chen ([hidden email], Chimera lead and code contributor)
> - Marcelo Vanzin (Apache Spark Committer, Chimera contributor)
> - Uma Maheswara Rao G ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the
> original Crypto dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
> - Yi Liu ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the original Crypto
> dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
>
> Please review the proposal and vote.
> This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after 0900
> GMT 24-Mar 2016
>
>   [ ] +1 Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component
>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose this because...
>
> Thank you!
> Benedikt

Re: [VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

sebb-2-2
-0.9 ditto

I trust all the people voting +1 are prepared to help maintain the
code, including the JNI bits?
<ducks/>

On 21 March 2016 at 18:13, James Carman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> -0, I don't like the idea of a JNI library.
>
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 4:45 AM Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> after long discussions I think we have gathered enough information to
>> decide whether we want to accept the Chimera project as a new Apache
>> Commons component.
>>
>> Proposed name: Apache Commons Crypto
>> Proposal text:
>> https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/blob/master/PROPOSAL.html
>> Initial Code Base:  https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/
>> Initial Committers (Names in alphabetical order):
>> - Aaron T. Myers ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original
>> Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
>> - Andrew Wang ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original
>> Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
>> - Chris Nauroth ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC and active
>> reviewer)
>> - Colin P. McCabe ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the
>> original Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
>> - Dapeng Sun ([hidden email], Apache Sentry Committer, Chimera
>> contributor)
>> - Dian Fu ([hidden email], Apache Sqoop Committer, Chimera contributor)
>> - Dong Chen ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer,interested on
>> Chimera)
>> - Ferdinand Xu ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer, Chimera
>> contributor)
>> - Haifeng Chen ([hidden email], Chimera lead and code contributor)
>> - Marcelo Vanzin (Apache Spark Committer, Chimera contributor)
>> - Uma Maheswara Rao G ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the
>> original Crypto dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
>> - Yi Liu ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the original Crypto
>> dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
>>
>> Please review the proposal and vote.
>> This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after 0900
>> GMT 24-Mar 2016
>>
>>   [ ] +1 Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component
>>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>>   [ ] -1 I oppose this because...
>>
>> Thank you!
>> Benedikt

Re: [VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

Gangumalla, Uma
+1 (non-binding)

Regards,
Uma

On 3/21/16, 1:45 AM, "Benedikt Ritter" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>after long discussions I think we have gathered enough information to
>decide whether we want to accept the Chimera project as a new Apache
>Commons component.
>
>Proposed name: Apache Commons Crypto
>Proposal text:
>https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/blob/master/PROPOSAL.html
>Initial Code Base:  https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/
>Initial Committers (Names in alphabetical order):
>- Aaron T. Myers ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original
>Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
>- Andrew Wang ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original
>Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
>- Chris Nauroth ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC and active
>reviewer)
>- Colin P. McCabe ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the
>original Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
>- Dapeng Sun ([hidden email], Apache Sentry Committer, Chimera
>contributor)
>- Dian Fu ([hidden email], Apache Sqoop Committer, Chimera contributor)
>- Dong Chen ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer,interested on
>Chimera)
>- Ferdinand Xu ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer, Chimera
>contributor)
>- Haifeng Chen ([hidden email], Chimera lead and code contributor)
>- Marcelo Vanzin (Apache Spark Committer, Chimera contributor)
>- Uma Maheswara Rao G ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the
>original Crypto dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
>- Yi Liu ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the original Crypto
>dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
>
>Please review the proposal and vote.
>This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after 0900
>GMT 24-Mar 2016
>
>  [ ] +1 Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component
>  [ ] +0 OK, but...
>  [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>  [ ] -1 I oppose this because...
>
>Thank you!
>Benedikt

RE: [VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

Chen, Haifeng
+1 (non-binding)

after long discussions I think we have gathered enough information to decide whether we want to accept the Chimera project as a new Apache Commons component.

Proposed name: Apache Commons Crypto
Proposal text:
https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/blob/master/PROPOSAL.html
Initial Code Base:  https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/
Initial Committers (Names in alphabetical order):
- Aaron T. Myers ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
- Andrew Wang ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
- Chris Nauroth ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC and active
reviewer)
- Colin P. McCabe ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
- Dapeng Sun ([hidden email], Apache Sentry Committer, Chimera contributor)
- Dian Fu ([hidden email], Apache Sqoop Committer, Chimera contributor)
- Dong Chen ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer,interested on Chimera)
- Ferdinand Xu ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer, Chimera contributor)
- Haifeng Chen ([hidden email], Chimera lead and code contributor)
- Marcelo Vanzin (Apache Spark Committer, Chimera contributor)
- Uma Maheswara Rao G ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the original Crypto dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
- Yi Liu ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the original Crypto dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)

Please review the proposal and vote.
This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after 0900 GMT 24-Mar 2016

  [ ] +1 Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component
  [ ] +0 OK, but...
  [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
  [ ] -1 I oppose this because...

Thank you!

Re: [VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

Any reason JNI cannot be replaced by JNA? (sorry for the hijack!)

Gary

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 12:21 PM, sebb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> -0.9 ditto
>
> I trust all the people voting +1 are prepared to help maintain the
> code, including the JNI bits?
> <ducks/>
>
> On 21 March 2016 at 18:13, James Carman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > -0, I don't like the idea of a JNI library.
> >
> > On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 4:45 AM Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> after long discussions I think we have gathered enough information to
> >> decide whether we want to accept the Chimera project as a new Apache
> >> Commons component.
> >>
> >> Proposed name: Apache Commons Crypto
> >> Proposal text:
> >> https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/blob/master/PROPOSAL.html
> >> Initial Code Base:  https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/
> >> Initial Committers (Names in alphabetical order):
> >> - Aaron T. Myers ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the
> original
> >> Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
> >> - Andrew Wang ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original
> >> Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
> >> - Chris Nauroth ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC and active
> >> reviewer)
> >> - Colin P. McCabe ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the
> >> original Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
> >> - Dapeng Sun ([hidden email], Apache Sentry Committer, Chimera
> >> contributor)
> >> - Dian Fu ([hidden email], Apache Sqoop Committer, Chimera
> contributor)
> >> - Dong Chen ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer,interested on
> >> Chimera)
> >> - Ferdinand Xu ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer, Chimera
> >> contributor)
> >> - Haifeng Chen ([hidden email], Chimera lead and code
> contributor)
> >> - Marcelo Vanzin (Apache Spark Committer, Chimera contributor)
> >> - Uma Maheswara Rao G ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of
> the
> >> original Crypto dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
> >> - Yi Liu ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the original
> Crypto
> >> dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
> >>
> >> Please review the proposal and vote.
> >> This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after 0900
> >> GMT 24-Mar 2016
> >>
> >>   [ ] +1 Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component
> >>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
> >>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
> >>   [ ] -1 I oppose this because...
> >>
> >> Thank you!
> >> Benedikt

E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

RE: [VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

Chen, Haifeng
Hi Sebb,
Thank you for raising the question.
The expertise point of view, the folks in the initial committer list is committed to maintain the code, including Java and JNI code. From the community point of view, it is open and it welcomes other committers and developers in the community to support and influence it.

Regards,
Haifeng

I trust all the people voting +1 are prepared to help maintain the code, including the JNI bits?
<ducks/>

On 21 March 2016 at 18:13, James Carman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> -0, I don't like the idea of a JNI library.
>
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 4:45 AM Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> after long discussions I think we have gathered enough information to
>> decide whether we want to accept the Chimera project as a new Apache
>> Commons component.
>>
>> Proposed name: Apache Commons Crypto
>> Proposal text:
>> https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/blob/master/PROPOSAL.html
>> Initial Code Base:  https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/
>> Initial Committers (Names in alphabetical order):
>> - Aaron T. Myers ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the
>> original Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
>> - Andrew Wang ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the
>> original Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
>> - Chris Nauroth ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC and active
>> reviewer)
>> - Colin P. McCabe ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the
>> original Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
>> - Dapeng Sun ([hidden email], Apache Sentry Committer, Chimera
>> contributor)
>> - Dian Fu ([hidden email], Apache Sqoop Committer, Chimera
>> contributor)
>> - Dong Chen ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer,interested on
>> Chimera)
>> - Ferdinand Xu ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer, Chimera
>> contributor)
>> - Haifeng Chen ([hidden email], Chimera lead and code
>> contributor)
>> - Marcelo Vanzin (Apache Spark Committer, Chimera contributor)
>> - Uma Maheswara Rao G ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One
>> of the original Crypto dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
>> - Yi Liu ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the original
>> Crypto dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
>>
>> Please review the proposal and vote.
>> This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after
>> 0900 GMT 24-Mar 2016
>>
>>   [ ] +1 Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component
>>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>>   [ ] -1 I oppose this because...
>>
>> Thank you!
>> Benedikt

RE: [VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

Xu, Cheng A
+1 (non-binding)

[...]

B�KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKCB��[��X��ܚX�KK[XZ[
�]�][��X��ܚX�P��[[ۜ˘\X�K�ܙ�B��܈Y][ۘ[��[X[��K[XZ[
�]�Z[��[[ۜ˘\X�K�ܙ�B

Re: [VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

Dapeng Sun
+1 (non-binding) Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

> +1 (non-binding)

We didn't try JNA. Technically, JNA should be working here. JNI is used considering a few factors:
1. Keep the library dependency as light as we can, considering the JNI is a relative thin layer and simple here.
2. Performance in control. Need to evaluate the JNA performance implications.

Maybe we can evaluate JNA and check whether it is valuable for JNA to replace JNI.

Regards,
Haifeng

E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email] Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/> JUnit in Action, Second Edition <http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

Dong Chen
+1 (non-binding)

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 10:34 AM, Dapeng Sun <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1 (non-binding) Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

> > +1 (non-binding)

Oliver Heger-3
Since we already started to use fractional numbers, I would be +0.5.

I am also worried about the JNI stuff, but I think a new group of
developers would be good for this community.

Oliver

Am 21.03.2016 um 09:45 schrieb Benedikt Ritter:

> Hi all,
>
> after long discussions I think we have gathered enough information to
> decide whether we want to accept the Chimera project as a new Apache
> Commons component.
>
> Proposed name: Apache Commons Crypto
> Proposal text:
> https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/blob/master/PROPOSAL.html
> Initial Code Base:  https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/
> Initial Committers (Names in alphabetical order):
> - Aaron T. Myers ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original
> Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
> - Andrew Wang ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original
> Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
> - Chris Nauroth ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC and active
> reviewer)
> - Colin P. McCabe ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the
> original Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
> - Dapeng Sun ([hidden email], Apache Sentry Committer, Chimera contributor)
> - Dian Fu ([hidden email], Apache Sqoop Committer, Chimera contributor)
> - Dong Chen ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer,interested on Chimera)
> - Ferdinand Xu ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer, Chimera contributor)
> - Haifeng Chen ([hidden email], Chimera lead and code contributor)
> - Marcelo Vanzin (Apache Spark Committer, Chimera contributor)
> - Uma Maheswara Rao G ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the
> original Crypto dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
> - Yi Liu ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the original Crypto
> dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
>
> Please review the proposal and vote.
> This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after 0900
> GMT 24-Mar 2016
>
>   [ ] +1 Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component
>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose this because...
>
> Thank you!
> Benedikt

Re: [VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

Thomas Vandahl
On 21.03.16 09:45, Benedikt Ritter wrote:
>   [X] +1 Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component
>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose this because...

Bye, Thomas

Re: [VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

Chris Nauroth
+1 (non-binding)

--Chris Nauroth

On 3/21/16, 1:45 AM, "Benedikt Ritter" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>after long discussions I think we have gathered enough information to
>decide whether we want to accept the Chimera project as a new Apache
>Commons component.
>
>Proposed name: Apache Commons Crypto
>Proposal text:
>https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/blob/master/PROPOSAL.html
>Initial Code Base:  https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/
>Initial Committers (Names in alphabetical order):
>- Aaron T. Myers ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original
>Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
>- Andrew Wang ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original
>Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
>- Chris Nauroth ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC and active
>reviewer)
>- Colin P. McCabe ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the
>original Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
>- Dapeng Sun ([hidden email], Apache Sentry Committer, Chimera
>contributor)
>- Dian Fu ([hidden email], Apache Sqoop Committer, Chimera contributor)
>- Dong Chen ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer,interested on
>Chimera)
>- Ferdinand Xu ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer, Chimera
>contributor)
>- Haifeng Chen ([hidden email], Chimera lead and code contributor)
>- Marcelo Vanzin (Apache Spark Committer, Chimera contributor)
>- Uma Maheswara Rao G ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the
>original Crypto dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
>- Yi Liu ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the original Crypto
>dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
>
>Please review the proposal and vote.
>This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after 0900
>GMT 24-Mar 2016
>
>  [ ] +1 Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component
>  [ ] +0 OK, but...
>  [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>  [ ] -1 I oppose this because...
>
>Thank you!
>Benedikt

RE: [VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

Zheng, Kai
Nice proposal. The high performance crypto offering is nice to be broadly accessible. Thanks.

Non-binding +1.

Regards,
Kai