[VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

Re: [VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

--
E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

Gangumalla, Uma
+1 (non-binding)

+common-dev@hadoop
On 3/21/16, 6:59 PM, "Gangumalla, Uma" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>+1 (non-binding)
>

>Regards,
>Uma
>
>On 3/21/16, 1:45 AM, "Benedikt Ritter" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>after long discussions I think we have gathered enough information to
>>decide whether we want to accept the Chimera project as a new Apache
>>Commons component.
>>
>>Proposed name: Apache Commons Crypto
>>Proposal text:
>>https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/blob/master/PROPOSAL.html
>>Initial Code Base:  https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/
>>Initial Committers (Names in alphabetical order):
>>- Aaron T. Myers ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original
>>Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
>>- Andrew Wang ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original
>>Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
>>- Chris Nauroth ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC and active
>>reviewer)
>>- Colin P. McCabe ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the
>>original Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
>>- Dapeng Sun ([hidden email], Apache Sentry Committer, Chimera
>>contributor)
>>- Dian Fu ([hidden email], Apache Sqoop Committer, Chimera
>>contributor)
>>- Dong Chen ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer,interested on
>>Chimera)
>>- Ferdinand Xu ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer, Chimera
>>contributor)
>>- Haifeng Chen ([hidden email], Chimera lead and code
>>contributor)
>>- Marcelo Vanzin (Apache Spark Committer, Chimera contributor)
>>- Uma Maheswara Rao G ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of
>>the
>>original Crypto dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
>>- Yi Liu ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the original Crypto
>>dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
>>
>>Please review the proposal and vote.
>>This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after 0900
>>GMT 24-Mar 2016
>>
>>  [ ] +1 Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component
>>  [ ] +0 OK, but...
>>  [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>>  [ ] -1 I oppose this because...
>>
>>Thank you!
>>Benedikt

Re: [VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

Gangumalla, Uma
>I am also worried about the JNI stuff, but I think a new group of
developers would be good for this community.
Thanks Oliver for your opinion.
Yes, handful of members in this below community are really very good at
JNI and Java. Also we would consider to explore on JNA stuff which was
asked/suggested by Gary.

Regards,
Uma

On 3/22/16, 11:22 AM, "Oliver Heger" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Since we already started to use fractional numbers, I would be +0.5.
>
>I am also worried about the JNI stuff, but I think a new group of
>developers would be good for this community.
>
>Oliver
>
>Am 21.03.2016 um 09:45 schrieb Benedikt Ritter:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> after long discussions I think we have gathered enough information to
>> decide whether we want to accept the Chimera project as a new Apache
>> Commons component.
>>
>> Proposed name: Apache Commons Crypto
>> Proposal text:
>> https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/blob/master/PROPOSAL.html
>> Initial Code Base:  https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/
>> Initial Committers (Names in alphabetical order):
>> - Aaron T. Myers ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original
>> Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
>> - Andrew Wang ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original
>> Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
>> - Chris Nauroth ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC and active
>> reviewer)
>> - Colin P. McCabe ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the
>> original Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
>> - Dapeng Sun ([hidden email], Apache Sentry Committer, Chimera
>>contributor)
>> - Dian Fu ([hidden email], Apache Sqoop Committer, Chimera
>>contributor)
>> - Dong Chen ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer,interested on
>>Chimera)
>> - Ferdinand Xu ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer, Chimera
>>contributor)
>> - Haifeng Chen ([hidden email], Chimera lead and code
>>contributor)
>> - Marcelo Vanzin (Apache Spark Committer, Chimera contributor)
>> - Uma Maheswara Rao G ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of
>>the
>> original Crypto dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
>> - Yi Liu ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the original Crypto
>> dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
>>
>> Please review the proposal and vote.
>> This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after 0900
>> GMT 24-Mar 2016
>>
>>   [ ] +1 Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component
>>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>>   [ ] -1 I oppose this because...
>>
>> Thank you!
>> Benedikt

Re: [VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

My +1 FTR

Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> schrieb am Mo., 21. März 2016 um
09:45 Uhr:

> Hi all,
>
> after long discussions I think we have gathered enough information to
> decide whether we want to accept the Chimera project as a new Apache
> Commons component.
>
> Proposed name: Apache Commons Crypto
> Proposal text:
> https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/blob/master/PROPOSAL.html
> Initial Code Base:  https://github.com/intel-hadoop/chimera/
> Initial Committers (Names in alphabetical order):
> - Aaron T. Myers ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original
> Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
> - Andrew Wang ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the original
> Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
> - Chris Nauroth ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC and active
> reviewer)
> - Colin P. McCabe ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, one of the
> original Crypto dev team in Apache Hadoop)
> - Dapeng Sun ([hidden email], Apache Sentry Committer, Chimera
> contributor)
> - Dian Fu ([hidden email], Apache Sqoop Committer, Chimera contributor)
> - Dong Chen ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer,interested on
> Chimera)
> - Ferdinand Xu ([hidden email], Apache Hive Committer, Chimera
> contributor)
> - Haifeng Chen ([hidden email], Chimera lead and code contributor)
> - Marcelo Vanzin (Apache Spark Committer, Chimera contributor)
> - Uma Maheswara Rao G ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the
> original Crypto dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
> - Yi Liu ([hidden email], Apache Hadoop PMC, One of the original Crypto
> dev/review team in Apache Hadoop)
>
> Please review the proposal and vote.
> This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after 0900
> GMT 24-Mar 2016
>
>   [ ] +1 Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component
>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose this because...
>
> Thank you!
> Benedikt

Re: [VOTE] Accept Chimera as new Apache Commons Component

Chris Nauroth
FYI for the Hadoop common-dev@ list, this [VOTE] passed [1].  I don't
think the [RESULT] was echoed over here, so I'm just sending this as a
quick notice to anyone in the Hadoop community who may have been watching
the thread.

If you're interested in watching next steps, then please subscribe to
[hidden email].

--Chris Nauroth

[1] https://s.apache.org/KRqs