[VOTE] Accept Commons RDF as a new component

[VOTE] Accept Commons RDF as a new component

Stian Soiland-Reyes
[Note: this is the Commons PMC vote on dev@commons - there's a
concurrent IPMC VOTE thread on general@incubator]

Since Commons RDF entered incubation, it has evolved the understanding
of its purpose, developed and released code base that is now
stabilizing, moving towards a 1.0.0 release.

Although the Commons RDF developer community is small it has continued
to grow interest, and Apache Commons feels like a natural home for the
component; as intended when this podling was started. We appreciate
all the help we have received from Commons while incubating, in
particular Gary and Benedikt!

The Commons RDF podling has voted to graduate from the Incubator
to join Apache Commons as a new component:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/886ed903b3649203c794f7b7409f311b2391ebef1d9157177ba943b6@%3Cdev.commonsrdf.apache.org%3E

This email carries over 3 Commons PMC binding votes from dev@commonsrdf:

+1 Stian Soiland-Reyes (Commons PMC binding)
+1 Benedikt Ritter (Commons PMC binding)
+1 Gary Gregory (Commons PMC binding)

Proposed component name: rdf

Proposed package name: org.apache.commons.rdf

Source code of RDF component:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-commonsrdf.git
https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf

Incubator releases:
http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/commonsrdf/

Website:
http://commonsrdf.incubator.apache.org/

Project Maturity report (more links from there):
https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf/blob/master/MATURITY.md

This email propose a VOTE to accept Commons RDF as a new component of
Apache Commons.

Formally the Apache Incubator PMC will also need to agree the
graduation, a concurrent vote thread is on

https://lists.apache.org/list.html?general@...

Please VOTE on graduating Commons RDF as new component:

[ ] +1 Yes, accept Commons RDF as new component
[ ]  0 Undecided
[ ] -1 No, because...

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours, let's say 2016-11-26 17:00 UTC.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: [VOTE] Accept Commons RDF as a new component

jochen-2
+1 (Binding)

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 2:47 PM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>> Website:
>> http://commonsrdf.incubator.apache.org/
>>
>> Project Maturity report (more links from there):
>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf/blob/master/MATURITY.md
>>

>> This email propose a VOTE to accept Commons RDF as a new component of
>> Apache Commons.
>>

>> Formally the Apache Incubator PMC will also need to agree the
>> graduation, a concurrent vote thread is on
>>
>> https://lists.apache.org/list.html?general@...
>>

>> Please VOTE on graduating Commons RDF as new component:
>>
>> [ ] +1 Yes, accept Commons RDF as new component
>> [ ]  0 Undecided
>> [ ] -1 No, because...
>>

>> This vote will be open for at least 72 hours, let's say 2016-11-26 17:00 UTC.
>>
>> --
>> Stian Soiland-Reyes
>> http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: [VOTE] Accept Commons RDF as a new component

Jörg Schaible

Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:

> [Note: this is the Commons PMC vote on dev@commons - there's a
> concurrent IPMC VOTE thread on general@incubator]
>
> Since Commons RDF entered incubation, it has evolved the understanding
> of its purpose, developed and released code base that is now
> stabilizing, moving towards a 1.0.0 release.
>
> Although the Commons RDF developer community is small it has continued
> to grow interest, and Apache Commons feels like a natural home for the
> component; as intended when this podling was started. We appreciate
> all the help we have received from Commons while incubating, in
> particular Gary and Benedikt!
>

> The Commons RDF podling has voted to graduate from the Incubator
> to join Apache Commons as a new component:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/886ed903b3649203c794f7b7409f311b2391ebef1d9157177ba943b6@%3Cdev.commonsrdf.apache.org%3E

> This email carries over 3 Commons PMC binding votes from dev@commonsrdf:
>

> +1 Stian Soiland-Reyes (Commons PMC binding)
> +1 Benedikt Ritter (Commons PMC binding)
> +1 Gary Gregory (Commons PMC binding)
>

> Proposed component name: rdf
>
> Proposed package name: org.apache.commons.rdf
>
> Source code of RDF component:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-commonsrdf.git
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf
>
> Incubator releases:
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/commonsrdf/
>
> Website:
> http://commonsrdf.incubator.apache.org/
>
> Project Maturity report (more links from there):
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf/blob/master/MATURITY.md
>

> This email propose a VOTE to accept Commons RDF as a new component of
> Apache Commons.
>

> Formally the Apache Incubator PMC will also need to agree the
> graduation, a concurrent vote thread is on
>
> https://lists.apache.org/list.html?general@...
>

> Please VOTE on graduating Commons RDF as new component:
>
> [ ] +1 Yes, accept Commons RDF as new component
> [ ]  0 Undecided
> [ ] -1 No, because...
>

> This vote will be open for at least 72 hours, let's say 2016-11-26 17:00
> UTC.

Re: [VOTE] Accept Commons RDF as a new component

Stian Soiland-Reyes <[hidden email]> schrieb am Mi., 23. Nov. 2016 um
14:49 Uhr:

> [Note: this is the Commons PMC vote on dev@commons - there's a
> concurrent IPMC VOTE thread on general@incubator]
>
> Since Commons RDF entered incubation, it has evolved the understanding
> of its purpose, developed and released code base that is now
> stabilizing, moving towards a 1.0.0 release.
>
> Although the Commons RDF developer community is small it has continued
> to grow interest, and Apache Commons feels like a natural home for the
> component; as intended when this podling was started. We appreciate
> all the help we have received from Commons while incubating, in
> particular Gary and Benedikt!
>

> The Commons RDF podling has voted to graduate from the Incubator
> to join Apache Commons as a new component:
>

> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/886ed903b3649203c794f7b7409f311b2391ebef1d9157177ba943b6@%3Cdev.commonsrdf.apache.org%3E
>

> This email carries over 3 Commons PMC binding votes from dev@commonsrdf:
>

> +1 Stian Soiland-Reyes (Commons PMC binding)
> +1 Benedikt Ritter (Commons PMC binding)
> +1 Gary Gregory (Commons PMC binding)
>

> Proposed component name: rdf
>
> Proposed package name: org.apache.commons.rdf
>
> Source code of RDF component:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-commonsrdf.git
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf
>
> Incubator releases:
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/commonsrdf/
>
> Website:
> http://commonsrdf.incubator.apache.org/
>
> Project Maturity report (more links from there):
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf/blob/master/MATURITY.md
>

> This email propose a VOTE to accept Commons RDF as a new component of
> Apache Commons.
>

> Formally the Apache Incubator PMC will also need to agree the
> graduation, a concurrent vote thread is on
>
> https://lists.apache.org/list.html?general@...
>

> Please VOTE on graduating Commons RDF as new component:

[x] +1 Yes, accept Commons RDF as new component

Benedikt

> [ ]  0 Undecided
> [ ] -1 No, because...
>

> This vote will be open for at least 72 hours, let's say 2016-11-26 17:00
> UTC.
>
> --
> Stian Soiland-Reyes
> http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

Re: [VOTE] Accept Commons RDF as a new component

Bruno P. Kinoshita-3
[x] +1 Yes, accept Commons RDF as new component

Bruno

>________________________________

Bernd Eckenfels
+0 Undecided as there where no activity on commons-dev it feels to me
like an other home would be better

Am Wed, 23 Nov
2016 13:47:03 +0000 schrieb Stian Soiland-Reyes <[hidden email]>:

> [Note: this is the Commons PMC vote on dev@commons - there's a
> concurrent IPMC VOTE thread on general@incubator]
>
> Since Commons RDF entered incubation, it has evolved the understanding
> of its purpose, developed and released code base that is now
> stabilizing, moving towards a 1.0.0 release.
>
> Although the Commons RDF developer community is small it has continued
> to grow interest, and Apache Commons feels like a natural home for the
> component; as intended when this podling was started. We appreciate
> all the help we have received from Commons while incubating, in
> particular Gary and Benedikt!
>

> The Commons RDF podling has voted to graduate from the Incubator
> to join Apache Commons as a new component:
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/886ed903b3649203c794f7b7409f311b2391ebef1d9157177ba943b6@%3Cdev.commonsrdf.apache.org%3E
>

> This email carries over 3 Commons PMC binding votes from
> dev@commonsrdf:
>

> +1 Stian Soiland-Reyes (Commons PMC binding)
> +1 Benedikt Ritter (Commons PMC binding)
> +1 Gary Gregory (Commons PMC binding)
>

> Proposed component name: rdf
>
> Proposed package name: org.apache.commons.rdf
>
> Source code of RDF component:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-commonsrdf.git
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf
>
> Incubator releases:
> http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/commonsrdf/
>
> Website:
> http://commonsrdf.incubator.apache.org/
>
> Project Maturity report (more links from there):
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf/blob/master/MATURITY.md
>

> This email propose a VOTE to accept Commons RDF as a new component of
> Apache Commons.
>

> Formally the Apache Incubator PMC will also need to agree the
> graduation, a concurrent vote thread is on
>
> https://lists.apache.org/list.html?general@...
>

> Please VOTE on graduating Commons RDF as new component:
>
> [ ] +1 Yes, accept Commons RDF as new component
> [ ]  0 Undecided
> [ ] -1 No, because...
>

> This vote will be open for at least 72 hours, let's say 2016-11-26
> 17:00 UTC.

Re: [VOTE] Accept Commons RDF as a new component

Sergio Fernández
Hi Bern

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 8:12 PM, Bernd Eckenfels <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> +0 Undecided as there where no activity on commons-dev it feels to me
> like an other home would be better

That topic was already discussed:
http://markmail.org/message/u6wumpabst35xknn

Basically we felt Commons RDF was in a too early stage that it'd require a
dedicate mailing list for its conception. That's why the component was
moved to incubation first, so all discussion actually happened at
[hidden email]. If the vote successes, we already agreed to accommodate
the new component to the Commons PMC conventions (i.e., move all
discussions to [hidden email] using [RDF] as subjects' prefix).

I hope that explanation would satisfy your question, and you'll cast again
your vote.

Thanks.

Best,

Am Wed, 23 Nov

> 2016 13:47:03 +0000 schrieb Stian Soiland-Reyes <[hidden email]>:
>
> > [Note: this is the Commons PMC vote on dev@commons - there's a
> > concurrent IPMC VOTE thread on general@incubator]
> >
> > Since Commons RDF entered incubation, it has evolved the understanding
> > of its purpose, developed and released code base that is now
> > stabilizing, moving towards a 1.0.0 release.
> >
> > Although the Commons RDF developer community is small it has continued
> > to grow interest, and Apache Commons feels like a natural home for the
> > component; as intended when this podling was started. We appreciate
> > all the help we have received from Commons while incubating, in
> > particular Gary and Benedikt!
> >

> > The Commons RDF podling has voted to graduate from the Incubator
> > to join Apache Commons as a new component:
> >
> > https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/886ed903b3649203c794f7b7409f31
> 1b2391ebef1d9157177ba943b6@%3Cdev.commonsrdf.apache.org%3E
> >

> > This email carries over 3 Commons PMC binding votes from
> > dev@commonsrdf:
> >

> > +1 Stian Soiland-Reyes (Commons PMC binding)
> > +1 Benedikt Ritter (Commons PMC binding)
> > +1 Gary Gregory (Commons PMC binding)
> >

> > Proposed component name: rdf
> >
> > Proposed package name: org.apache.commons.rdf
> >
> > Source code of RDF component:
> > https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-commonsrdf.git
> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf
> >
> > Incubator releases:
> > http://archive.apache.org/dist/incubator/commonsrdf/
> >
> > Website:
> > http://commonsrdf.incubator.apache.org/
> >
> > Project Maturity report (more links from there):
> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf/blob/master/MATURITY.md
> >

> > This email propose a VOTE to accept Commons RDF as a new component of
> > Apache Commons.
> >

> > Formally the Apache Incubator PMC will also need to agree the
> > graduation, a concurrent vote thread is on
> >
> > https://lists.apache.org/list.html?general@...
> >

> > Please VOTE on graduating Commons RDF as new component:
> >
> > [ ] +1 Yes, accept Commons RDF as new component
> > [ ]  0 Undecided
> > [ ] -1 No, because...
> >

> > This vote will be open for at least 72 hours, let's say 2016-11-26
> > 17:00 UTC.

Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager
Redlink GmbH
m: +43 6602747925
e: [hidden email]
w: http://redlink.co

Re: [VOTE] Accept Commons RDF as a new component

Bernd Eckenfels
Hello,
Thank you for the summmary. I was aware of the incubation and the discussion on rdf-dev. There are arguments for a common component,

Gruss
Bernd
--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net

wrote:

> [...]

> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf/blob/master/MATURITY.md
> >

> > This email propose a VOTE to accept Commons RDF as a new component of
> > Apache Commons.
> >

> > Formally the Apache Incubator PMC will also need to agree the
> > graduation, a concurrent vote thread is on
> >
> > https://lists.apache.org/list.html?general@...
> >

> > Please VOTE on graduating Commons RDF as new component:
> >
> > [ ] +1 Yes, accept Commons RDF as new component
> > [ ]  0 Undecided
> > [ ] -1 No, because...
> >

> > This vote will be open for at least 72 hours, let's say 2016-11-26
> > 17:00 UTC.

Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager
Redlink GmbH
m: +43 6602747925
e: [hidden email]
w: http://redlink.co

Re: [VOTE] Accept Commons RDF as a new component

(... sorry got interrupted)
... there are arguments for a commons component, but it could also be arguments having a dedicated community. So I wanted to express that with an abstain.

Gruss
Bernd
--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net

wrote:

> [...]

> > https://github.com/apache/incubator-commonsrdf/blob/master/MATURITY.md
> >

> > This email propose a VOTE to accept Commons RDF as a new component of
> > Apache Commons.
> >

> > Formally the Apache Incubator PMC will also need to agree the
> > graduation, a concurrent vote thread is on
> >
> > https://lists.apache.org/list.html?general@...
> >

> > Please VOTE on graduating Commons RDF as new component:
> >
> > [ ] +1 Yes, accept Commons RDF as new component
> > [ ]  0 Undecided
> > [ ] -1 No, because...
> >

> > This vote will be open for at least 72 hours, let's say 2016-11-26
> > 17:00 UTC.

Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager
Redlink GmbH
m: +43 6602747925
e: [hidden email]
w: http://redlink.co

Re: [VOTE] Accept Commons RDF as a new component

Fair enough. Thanks.

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager
Redlink GmbH
m: +43 6602747925
e: [hidden email]
w: http://redlink.co

Re: [VOTE] Accept Commons RDF as a new component

Oliver Heger-3

Oliver