[VOTE] Apache Commons VFS 2.1 rc1

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons VFS 2.1 rc1

Jörg Schaible
Hi Ralph,

Ralph Goers wrote:

> Remember, as the release manager you get to decide whether any of this
> stuff is a blocker to the release. I can tell you for sure that VFS 2.0
> wasn’t verified against this many different Java implementations and
> versions.

Well, you're wrong:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.commons.devel/116497

> Of course, the more testing the better!

Of course, Java 8 and 9 did not exist, but we dropped support for JHDK 5 now
;-)

Cheers,
Jörg

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons VFS 2.1 rc1

Jörg Schaible
Hi Josh,

Josh Elser wrote:

> Oh, well then! No pressure :)
>
> I'll have to find some time to re-read all of the conversation between
> Jörg and Stian, but my initial reaction is the same as what you were
> implying: compatibility across more JVMs would be great, but shouldn't
> block this 2.1 release.

This depends always on the nature of a problem. Therefore I did not make any
vote for now. Currently it looks like you're right and thanks to Stian the
problems are covered in trunk on top (sole the problem with the IBM JDKs).

> The other points seem to be "nice to have"'s, but please bring it to my
> attention is my quick glance missed something that is really bad.

Cheers,
Jörg

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons VFS 2.1 rc1

Jörg Schaible
Hi Stian,

Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:

> Thanks, I've added ${hadoop.version} so it's easier to upgrade in the
> future, and also committed the <exclusion> of tools.jar
>

> I think the maven-jar-maven JDK9 issue is due to
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MJAR-206
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MJAR-205
>
> so you would need to wait for maven-jar-plugin 3.0.0

I faced the same problem when I tested the release for commons-net earlier
this week. At least there's nothing to blame for vfs.

> Not sure about the JspRuntimeContext class cast exception..
>
> jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader (in module: java.base)
> cannot be cast to java.net.URLClassLoader
>
> sounds like a bit naive casting by Jasper.  Perhaps we would then also
> need to force a newer version - this is PRETTY old:
>
> [INFO] |  +- tomcat:jasper-compiler:jar:5.5.23:test
> [INFO] |  +- tomcat:jasper-runtime:jar:5.5.23:test
>
> (This version is also coming in as a Hadoop test dependency)
>
> Fixed in Tomcat 8.0.0 at least:

https://github.com/apache/tomcat/blob/TOMCAT_8_0_0/java/org/apache/jasper/compiler/JspRuntimeContext.java#L403

Fine. Again, we cannot blame vfs. I was just a bit astonished when I saw the
stack trace on the console and later on Maven claimed a successful build.

Cheers,
Jörg

Jörg Schaible wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> Josh Elser wrote:
>
>> Oh, well then! No pressure :)
>>
>> I'll have to find some time to re-read all of the conversation between
>> Jörg and Stian, but my initial reaction is the same as what you were
>> implying: compatibility across more JVMs would be great, but shouldn't
>> block this 2.1 release.

Just an additional remark: Compatibility across more JVMs *is* an issue,
since there are platforms where you have no other choice (IBM AIX, Mac, most
Linux distributions use OpenJDK by default).

> This depends always on the nature of a problem. Therefore I did not make
> any vote for now. Currently it looks like you're right and thanks to Stian
> the problems are covered in trunk on top (sole the problem with the IBM
> JDKs).
>
>> The other points seem to be "nice to have"'s, but please bring it to my
>> attention is my quick glance missed something that is really bad.
>
> Cheers,
> Jörg

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons VFS 2.1 rc1

Josh Elser
Jörg Schaible wrote:

> Jörg Schaible wrote:
>
>> >  Hi Josh,

> Just an additional remark: Compatibility across more JVMs*is*  an issue,
> since there are platforms where you have no other choice (IBM AIX, Mac, most
> Linux distributions use OpenJDK by default).

Is 2.1's compatibility across JVMs worse than 2.0's was? What are the
guarantees put forth by those involved with commons-vfs for
compatibility WRT JVMs?

I'm not nit-picking JVM support -- I'm nit-picking it's severity to
block v2.1 for being released.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons VFS 2.1 rc1

garydgregory
If the RM is willing, there is always the RERO route and getting a 2.1.1
out next to address JRE/JVM compat. issues if those are fixable at all from
VFS in a not too hacky manner.

Gary
On May 5, 2016 5:41 PM, "Josh Elser" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Jörg Schaible wrote:
>
>> Jörg Schaible wrote:
>>
>> >  Hi Josh,

>> Just an additional remark: Compatibility across more JVMs*is*  an issue,
>> since there are platforms where you have no other choice (IBM AIX, Mac,
>> most
>> Linux distributions use OpenJDK by default).
>>

> Is 2.1's compatibility across JVMs worse than 2.0's was? What are the
> guarantees put forth by those involved with commons-vfs for compatibility
> WRT JVMs?
>
> I'm not nit-picking JVM support -- I'm nit-picking it's severity to block
> v2.1 for being released.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons VFS 2.1 rc1

Ralph Goers
Wow, I have no recollection of that email. But I have read a lot of emails over the last 6 years.

Ralph

Josh Elser wrote:

> Jörg Schaible wrote:

>> Just an additional remark: Compatibility across more JVMs*is*  an issue,
>> since there are platforms where you have no other choice (IBM AIX, Mac,
>> most Linux distributions use OpenJDK by default).
>>

> Is 2.1's compatibility across JVMs worse than 2.0's was?

It passed last time. We have now new JDKs though and don't support the Java
5 ones anymore and have some new tests.

> What are the
> guarantees put forth by those involved with commons-vfs for
> compatibility WRT JVMs?

If issues are reported we already identified as problem with the JDK, we can
simply relax and give an appropriate pointer. This is e.g. the case for
commons-io where the IBM JDKs fail with UTF-16LE.

> I'm not nit-picking JVM support -- I'm nit-picking it's severity to
> block v2.1 for being released.

As said, I do not block it, but for *my* vote, I want to know, why some JDKs
fail.

Cheers,
Jörg

Great, thanks for clarifying. Let's deal with this at the earliest
convenience after 2.1.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons VFS 2.1 rc1

Josh Elser
Well, we've already passed the 3day vote window and have no binding votes.
**PMC, please vote.**

(Thanks to Stian for the nonbinding vote)

Consider the vote extended another 48hrs.
On May 3, 2016 11:43 PM, "Josh Elser" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> Please consider the following for Apache Commons VFS2 version 2.1 (rc1).
>
> Maven repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1163
> Artifacts: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/vfs/ r13511
>
> MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.tar.gz
> 1192914d1ba6f8ca3a2a688feeff602c
> SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.tar.gz
> 285097f1db6cbc9d76ae5bb3adf66a315344a864
> MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.tar.gz
> 0646187562302a7dcfbddb93204fc9eb
> SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.tar.gz
> 24bab87fd4049b9389acd1b6e272f405630aeb25
> MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.zip 3785874aa0cda64d68acbb8fb7db8bea
> SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.zip
> 942a23fb202b89b1a8432beeb0a66469959e661d
> MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.zip c8ef43d308bed1b3ffcb363c15285176
> SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.zip
> 1ddf0d218f659766f136894eab0beca504ab9f8c
>
> Signed with 4677D66C from
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/commons/KEYS
>
> SVN tag is available at
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/vfs/tags/commons-vfs-project-2.1-RC1/
> r1742212
>
> Staged Maven website:
> http://home.apache.org/~elserj/commons/commons-vfs-2.1/
>
> All reports are available in the provided staged Maven site (see "Project
> Reports" at the root-level as well as under each sub-module).
> JIRA-generated release notes are available in the dist.a.o "Artifacts"
> repository. Unit tests pass and the RC was built util JDK6.
>
> (For Sebb) A direct Clirr link
> http://home.apache.org/~elserj/commons/commons-vfs-2.1/commons-vfs2/clirr-report.html
>
> Changes since rc0:
>
> * Improved release notes and website for compatibility
> * Fixes to pom.xml for building website
>
> This vote will be open for 72-hours, 2016/05/06 0400 UTC.
>
>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts as version 2.1
>   [ ] 0  OK, but...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose these artifacts as version 2.1 because..
>
> - Josh

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons VFS 2.1 rc1

garydgregory
Sorry, quite busy this week, I'll try to take a look later today or this
weekend.

Gary
On May 6, 2016 7:24 AM, "Josh Elser" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Well, we've already passed the 3day vote window and have no binding votes.
> **PMC, please vote.**
>
> (Thanks to Stian for the nonbinding vote)
>
> Consider the vote extended another 48hrs.
> On May 3, 2016 11:43 PM, "Josh Elser" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > All,
> >
> > Please consider the following for Apache Commons VFS2 version 2.1 (rc1).
> >
> > Maven repository:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1163
> > Artifacts: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/vfs/ r13511
> >
> > MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.tar.gz
> > 1192914d1ba6f8ca3a2a688feeff602c
> > SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.tar.gz
> > 285097f1db6cbc9d76ae5bb3adf66a315344a864
> > MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.tar.gz
> > 0646187562302a7dcfbddb93204fc9eb
> > SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.tar.gz
> > 24bab87fd4049b9389acd1b6e272f405630aeb25
> > MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.zip
> 3785874aa0cda64d68acbb8fb7db8bea
> > SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.zip
> > 942a23fb202b89b1a8432beeb0a66469959e661d
> > MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.zip
> c8ef43d308bed1b3ffcb363c15285176
> > SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.zip
> > 1ddf0d218f659766f136894eab0beca504ab9f8c
> >
> > Signed with 4677D66C from
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/commons/KEYS
> >
> > SVN tag is available at
> >
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/vfs/tags/commons-vfs-project-2.1-RC1/
> > r1742212
> >
> > Staged Maven website:
> > http://home.apache.org/~elserj/commons/commons-vfs-2.1/
> >
> > All reports are available in the provided staged Maven site (see "Project
> > Reports" at the root-level as well as under each sub-module).
> > JIRA-generated release notes are available in the dist.a.o "Artifacts"
> > repository. Unit tests pass and the RC was built util JDK6.
> >
> > (For Sebb) A direct Clirr link
> >
> http://home.apache.org/~elserj/commons/commons-vfs-2.1/commons-vfs2/clirr-report.html
> >
> > Changes since rc0:
> >
> > * Improved release notes and website for compatibility
> > * Fixes to pom.xml for building website
> >
> > This vote will be open for 72-hours, 2016/05/06 0400 UTC.
> >
> >   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts as version 2.1
> >   [ ] 0  OK, but...
> >   [ ] -1 I oppose these artifacts as version 2.1 because..
> >
> > - Josh

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons VFS 2.1 rc1

Josh Elser
Thanks Gary! Will keep an eye out.

Gary Gregory wrote:

> Sorry, quite busy this week, I'll try to take a look later today or this
> weekend.
>
> Gary
> On May 6, 2016 7:24 AM, "Josh Elser"<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Well, we've already passed the 3day vote window and have no binding votes.
>> **PMC, please vote.**
>>
>> (Thanks to Stian for the nonbinding vote)
>>
>> Consider the vote extended another 48hrs.
>> On May 3, 2016 11:43 PM, "Josh Elser"<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> Please consider the following for Apache Commons VFS2 version 2.1 (rc1).
>>>
>>> Maven repository:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1163
>>> Artifacts: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/vfs/ r13511
>>>
>>> MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.tar.gz
>>> 1192914d1ba6f8ca3a2a688feeff602c
>>> SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.tar.gz
>>> 285097f1db6cbc9d76ae5bb3adf66a315344a864
>>> MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.tar.gz
>>> 0646187562302a7dcfbddb93204fc9eb
>>> SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.tar.gz
>>> 24bab87fd4049b9389acd1b6e272f405630aeb25
>>> MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.zip
>> 3785874aa0cda64d68acbb8fb7db8bea
>>> SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.zip
>>> 942a23fb202b89b1a8432beeb0a66469959e661d
>>> MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.zip
>> c8ef43d308bed1b3ffcb363c15285176
>>> SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.zip
>>> 1ddf0d218f659766f136894eab0beca504ab9f8c
>>>
>>> Signed with 4677D66C from
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/commons/KEYS
>>>
>>> SVN tag is available at
>>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/vfs/tags/commons-vfs-project-2.1-RC1/
>>> r1742212
>>>
>>> Staged Maven website:
>>> http://home.apache.org/~elserj/commons/commons-vfs-2.1/
>>>
>>> All reports are available in the provided staged Maven site (see "Project
>>> Reports" at the root-level as well as under each sub-module).
>>> JIRA-generated release notes are available in the dist.a.o "Artifacts"
>>> repository. Unit tests pass and the RC was built util JDK6.
>>>
>>> (For Sebb) A direct Clirr link
>>>
>> http://home.apache.org/~elserj/commons/commons-vfs-2.1/commons-vfs2/clirr-report.html
>>> Changes since rc0:
>>>
>>> * Improved release notes and website for compatibility
>>> * Fixes to pom.xml for building website
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for 72-hours, 2016/05/06 0400 UTC.
>>>
>>>    [ ] +1 Release these artifacts as version 2.1
>>>    [ ] 0  OK, but...
>>>    [ ] -1 I oppose these artifacts as version 2.1 because..
>>>
>>> - Josh

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons VFS 2.1 rc1

I am recording here what I've found and tested (no VOTE yet):

Minor:

[INFO] --- maven-bundle-plugin:3.0.1:manifest (bundle-manifest) @
commons-vfs2-project ---
[WARN] Ignoring project type pom - supportedProjectTypes = [jar, bundle]

Plain wrong but not a blocker IMO (could be hacked post release):

https://home.apache.org/~elserj/commons/commons-vfs-2.1/download.html

Some of the versions of jars in this page are out of date.

Why not refer to the generated page:
https://home.apache.org/~elserj/commons/commons-vfs-2.1/dependency-management.html
from the "About" page and other places if any?

Based on the src distribution zip file:

MD5, SHA1, ASC, reports OK (Clirr is a separate topic).

Builds OK running: 'mvn clean test' and then 'mvn package -DskipTests' with:

Apache Maven 3.3.9 (bb52d8502b132ec0a5a3f4c09453c07478323dc5;
2015-11-10T08:41:47-08:00)
Maven home: E:\Java\apache-maven-3.3.9\bin\..
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_91\jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "dos"

Gary

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 8:43 PM, Josh Elser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> Please consider the following for Apache Commons VFS2 version 2.1 (rc1).
>
> Maven repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1163
> Artifacts: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/vfs/ r13511
>
> MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.tar.gz
> 1192914d1ba6f8ca3a2a688feeff602c
> SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.tar.gz
> 285097f1db6cbc9d76ae5bb3adf66a315344a864
> MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.tar.gz
> 0646187562302a7dcfbddb93204fc9eb
> SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.tar.gz
> 24bab87fd4049b9389acd1b6e272f405630aeb25
> MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.zip 3785874aa0cda64d68acbb8fb7db8bea
> SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.zip
> 942a23fb202b89b1a8432beeb0a66469959e661d
> MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.zip c8ef43d308bed1b3ffcb363c15285176
> SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.zip
> 1ddf0d218f659766f136894eab0beca504ab9f8c
>
> Signed with 4677D66C from
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/commons/KEYS
>
> SVN tag is available at
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/vfs/tags/commons-vfs-project-2.1-RC1/
> r1742212
>
> Staged Maven website:
> http://home.apache.org/~elserj/commons/commons-vfs-2.1/
>
> All reports are available in the provided staged Maven site (see "Project
> Reports" at the root-level as well as under each sub-module).
> JIRA-generated release notes are available in the dist.a.o "Artifacts"
> repository. Unit tests pass and the RC was built util JDK6.
>
> (For Sebb) A direct Clirr link
> http://home.apache.org/~elserj/commons/commons-vfs-2.1/commons-vfs2/clirr-report.html
>
> Changes since rc0:
>
> * Improved release notes and website for compatibility
> * Fixes to pom.xml for building website
>
> This vote will be open for 72-hours, 2016/05/06 0400 UTC.
>
>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts as version 2.1
>   [ ] 0  OK, but...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose these artifacts as version 2.1 because..
>
> - Josh

E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Jörg Schaible wrote:

> Hi Stian,
>
> Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
>
>> No, it shouldn't matter the class loader content to do a normal https
>> connection, should it? Or do you consider that optional support from
>> the JDK? In that case the tests would need to test for https
>> capability first and ignore themselves if the JDK doesn't support SSL.
>
> What has HTTPS to do with the failing
> VfsClassLoaderTests.testGetResourcesJARs for the IBM JDKs?

It seems the patch for VFS-500 does not work for the IBM JDKs either.

Cheers,
Jörg

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons VFS 2.1 rc1

Hello Josh,

thank you for pushing this release. Sorry I haven't voted yet. I will have
time tomorrow morning to have a look.

Benedikt

Josh Elser <[hidden email]> schrieb am Fr., 6. Mai 2016 um 16:24 Uhr:

> Well, we've already passed the 3day vote window and have no binding votes.
> **PMC, please vote.**
>
> (Thanks to Stian for the nonbinding vote)
>
> Consider the vote extended another 48hrs.
> On May 3, 2016 11:43 PM, "Josh Elser" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > All,
> >
> > Please consider the following for Apache Commons VFS2 version 2.1 (rc1).
> >
> > Maven repository:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1163
> > Artifacts: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/vfs/ r13511
> >
> > MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.tar.gz
> > 1192914d1ba6f8ca3a2a688feeff602c
> > SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.tar.gz
> > 285097f1db6cbc9d76ae5bb3adf66a315344a864
> > MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.tar.gz
> > 0646187562302a7dcfbddb93204fc9eb
> > SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.tar.gz
> > 24bab87fd4049b9389acd1b6e272f405630aeb25
> > MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.zip
> 3785874aa0cda64d68acbb8fb7db8bea
> > SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.zip
> > 942a23fb202b89b1a8432beeb0a66469959e661d
> > MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.zip
> c8ef43d308bed1b3ffcb363c15285176
> > SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.zip
> > 1ddf0d218f659766f136894eab0beca504ab9f8c
> >
> > Signed with 4677D66C from
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/commons/KEYS
> >
> > SVN tag is available at
> >
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/vfs/tags/commons-vfs-project-2.1-RC1/
> > r1742212
> >
> > Staged Maven website:
> > http://home.apache.org/~elserj/commons/commons-vfs-2.1/
> >
> > All reports are available in the provided staged Maven site (see "Project
> > Reports" at the root-level as well as under each sub-module).
> > JIRA-generated release notes are available in the dist.a.o "Artifacts"
> > repository. Unit tests pass and the RC was built util JDK6.
> >
> > (For Sebb) A direct Clirr link
> >
> http://home.apache.org/~elserj/commons/commons-vfs-2.1/commons-vfs2/clirr-report.html
> >
> > Changes since rc0:
> >
> > * Improved release notes and website for compatibility
> > * Fixes to pom.xml for building website
> >
> > This vote will be open for 72-hours, 2016/05/06 0400 UTC.
> >
> >   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts as version 2.1
> >   [ ] 0  OK, but...
> >   [ ] -1 I oppose these artifacts as version 2.1 because..
> >
> > - Josh

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons VFS 2.1 rc1

garydgregory
Please note that I'm requesting one more RC.

For details, see the thread "[VFS] BC breaks in VFS 2.1 RC1" starting here
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/201605.mbox/%3CCACZkXPy2R2m-95yme4J8ZbRQVtj%3DHaEZ7LncR7aU_QYAVt3UCA%40mail.gmail.com%3E

Thank you,

Gary

Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons VFS 2.1 rc1

Josh Elser
Thanks Benedikt for stating you'll vote. I look forward to it.

Greg, thanks again for making the time here and I see that you have
requested a new RC, but I do not wish to honor it unless you commit to
writing a patch with the changes you want to make in a very quick
timeframe (a day or two). I don't see a commit nor a JIRA issue filed
for this yet, so I'm assuming it's not already done/ready; please
correct me if I'm wrong.

2.1 can still be released as-is and you have the ability to make the
changes you desire, test to your heart's content and then make a 2.1.1
release to address this issue. It would be a much different story to me
if there was any semblance of a regular release cadence, but I have no
patience for "last minute changes" after so long since your last
release. IMO, you are doing just as much harm in not releasing code (due
to the nasty race conditions that exist in 2.0) than you are in
releasing something that is not 100% binary compatible.

Gary Gregory wrote:

> Please note that I'm requesting one more RC.
>
> For details, see the thread "[VFS] BC breaks in VFS 2.1 RC1" starting here
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/201605.mbox/%3CCACZkXPy2R2m-95yme4J8ZbRQVtj%3DHaEZ7LncR7aU_QYAVt3UCA%40mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> Thank you,
>
> Gary
>
> On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 5:06 AM, Benedikt Ritter<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Hello Josh,
>>
>> thank you for pushing this release. Sorry I haven't voted yet. I will have
>> time tomorrow morning to have a look.
>>
>> Benedikt
>>
>> Josh Elser<[hidden email]>  schrieb am Fr., 6. Mai 2016 um 16:24 Uhr:
>>
>>> Well, we've already passed the 3day vote window and have no binding
>> votes.
>>> **PMC, please vote.**
>>>
>>> (Thanks to Stian for the nonbinding vote)
>>>
>>> Consider the vote extended another 48hrs.

>> (rc1).
>>>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1163

>>> 3785874aa0cda64d68acbb8fb7db8bea
>>> c8ef43d308bed1b3ffcb363c15285176

>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/vfs/tags/commons-vfs-project-2.1-RC1/

>> "Project

>> http://home.apache.org/~elserj/commons/commons-vfs-2.1/commons-vfs2/clirr-report.html

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons VFS 2.1 rc1

Josh Elser
Also, Gary, please cast a vote of -1 if that is your opinion. Requesting
action without a vote doesn't actually help anyone (especially because
release votes are decided by a majority). I do not plan on closing this
vote until we actually get some votes.

**PMC, yet again, we've exceeded the vote extension and I've gotten one
binding vote (essentially**. Please vote at your earliest convenience.

Gary Gregory wrote:

> Please note that I'm requesting one more RC.
>
> For details, see the thread "[VFS] BC breaks in VFS 2.1 RC1" starting here
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/201605.mbox/%3CCACZkXPy2R2m-95yme4J8ZbRQVtj%3DHaEZ7LncR7aU_QYAVt3UCA%40mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> Thank you,
>
> Gary
>
> On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 5:06 AM, Benedikt Ritter<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Hello Josh,
>>
>> thank you for pushing this release. Sorry I haven't voted yet. I will have
>> time tomorrow morning to have a look.
>>
>> Benedikt
>>
>> Josh Elser<[hidden email]>  schrieb am Fr., 6. Mai 2016 um 16:24 Uhr:
>>
>>> Well, we've already passed the 3day vote window and have no binding
>> votes.
>>> **PMC, please vote.**
>>>
>>> (Thanks to Stian for the nonbinding vote)
>>>
>>> Consider the vote extended another 48hrs.

>> (rc1).
>>>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1163

>>> 3785874aa0cda64d68acbb8fb7db8bea
>>> c8ef43d308bed1b3ffcb363c15285176

>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/vfs/tags/commons-vfs-project-2.1-RC1/

>> "Project

>> http://home.apache.org/~elserj/commons/commons-vfs-2.1/commons-vfs2/clirr-report.html

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons VFS 2.1 rc1

garydgregory
-1 to pick up the latest from trunk in a new RC.

Gary

123