[VOTE] Apache Commons VFS 2.1 rc1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
43 messages Options
123
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons VFS 2.1 rc1

Benedikt Ritter-4
Hello Josh,

first of all: Thank you for RMing VFS 2.1! Sorry it took me so long, but
I'm about to go on vacation and you know how that is... :o)

Here are my observations:

- The staging repo contains a lot of stuff which is not needed (bin and src
archives, examples). Not a blocker for me.
- The Clirr report shows errors. As this has been discussed in length, I do
not consider this blocking.
- Signs and hashes look good
- Release notes look good
- Site looks good
- There is a difference between the source archive and the release tag.
Only the tag contains the folder "sandbox". This is strange, but it is not
a blocker to me, since the sandbox folder does not contain production code.
- The name is different from Release 1.0. It has been vfs-1.0, no it is
commons-vfs-project-2.1. I think we should stick with the convention
established with v1.0.

I have checked the build with:
  Java 1.6 and Maven 3.2.5
  Java 7 and Maven 3.3.9
  Java 8 and Maven 3.3.9

The build works fine with this Java/Maven combinations on Mac OS 10.11.4.

+1 for this release.

Benedikt

Josh Elser <[hidden email]> schrieb am Mi., 4. Mai 2016 um 05:43 Uhr:

> All,
>
> Please consider the following for Apache Commons VFS2 version 2.1 (rc1).
>
> Maven repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1163
> Artifacts: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/vfs/ r13511
>
> MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.tar.gz
> 1192914d1ba6f8ca3a2a688feeff602c
> SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.tar.gz
> 285097f1db6cbc9d76ae5bb3adf66a315344a864
> MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.tar.gz
> 0646187562302a7dcfbddb93204fc9eb
> SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.tar.gz
> 24bab87fd4049b9389acd1b6e272f405630aeb25
> MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.zip 3785874aa0cda64d68acbb8fb7db8bea
> SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.zip
> 942a23fb202b89b1a8432beeb0a66469959e661d
> MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.zip c8ef43d308bed1b3ffcb363c15285176
> SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.zip
> 1ddf0d218f659766f136894eab0beca504ab9f8c
>
> Signed with 4677D66C from
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/commons/KEYS
>
> SVN tag is available at
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/vfs/tags/commons-vfs-project-2.1-RC1/
> r1742212
>
> Staged Maven website:
> http://home.apache.org/~elserj/commons/commons-vfs-2.1/
>
> All reports are available in the provided staged Maven site (see
> "Project Reports" at the root-level as well as under each sub-module).
> JIRA-generated release notes are available in the dist.a.o "Artifacts"
> repository. Unit tests pass and the RC was built util JDK6.
>
> (For Sebb) A direct Clirr link
>
> http://home.apache.org/~elserj/commons/commons-vfs-2.1/commons-vfs2/clirr-report.html
>
> Changes since rc0:
>
> * Improved release notes and website for compatibility
> * Fixes to pom.xml for building website
>
> This vote will be open for 72-hours, 2016/05/06 0400 UTC.
>
>    [ ] +1 Release these artifacts as version 2.1
>    [ ] 0  OK, but...
>    [ ] -1 I oppose these artifacts as version 2.1 because..
>
> - Josh
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons VFS 2.1 rc1

Benedikt Ritter-4
Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> schrieb am Mo., 9. Mai 2016 um
21:03 Uhr:

> Hello Josh,
>
> first of all: Thank you for RMing VFS 2.1! Sorry it took me so long, but
> I'm about to go on vacation and you know how that is... :o)
>
> Here are my observations:
>
> - The staging repo contains a lot of stuff which is not needed (bin and
> src archives, examples). Not a blocker for me.
> - The Clirr report shows errors. As this has been discussed in length, I
> do not consider this blocking.
> - Signs and hashes look good
> - Release notes look good
> - Site looks good
> - There is a difference between the source archive and the release tag.
> Only the tag contains the folder "sandbox". This is strange, but it is not
> a blocker to me, since the sandbox folder does not contain production code.
> - The name is different from Release 1.0. It has been vfs-1.0, no it is
> commons-vfs-project-2.1. I think we should stick with the convention
> established with v1.0.
>

I've looked at the tag names again. It looks completely mixed up. We have:

vfs-1.0/
commons-vfs2-project-2.0/
commons-vfs-project-2.1-RC1/

It looks like release 2.0 has introduced a new convention. It would be good
to follow this convention with all upcoming releases...


>
> I have checked the build with:
>   Java 1.6 and Maven 3.2.5
>   Java 7 and Maven 3.3.9
>   Java 8 and Maven 3.3.9
>
> The build works fine with this Java/Maven combinations on Mac OS 10.11.4.
>
> +1 for this release.
>
> Benedikt
>
>
> Josh Elser <[hidden email]> schrieb am Mi., 4. Mai 2016 um 05:43 Uhr:
>
>> All,
>>
>> Please consider the following for Apache Commons VFS2 version 2.1 (rc1).
>>
>> Maven repository:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1163
>> Artifacts: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/vfs/ r13511
>>
>> MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.tar.gz
>> 1192914d1ba6f8ca3a2a688feeff602c
>> SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.tar.gz
>> 285097f1db6cbc9d76ae5bb3adf66a315344a864
>> MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.tar.gz
>> 0646187562302a7dcfbddb93204fc9eb
>> SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.tar.gz
>> 24bab87fd4049b9389acd1b6e272f405630aeb25
>> MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.zip 3785874aa0cda64d68acbb8fb7db8bea
>> SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-bin.zip
>> 942a23fb202b89b1a8432beeb0a66469959e661d
>> MD5  commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.zip c8ef43d308bed1b3ffcb363c15285176
>> SHA1 commons-vfs-distribution-2.1-src.zip
>> 1ddf0d218f659766f136894eab0beca504ab9f8c
>>
>> Signed with 4677D66C from
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/commons/KEYS
>>
>> SVN tag is available at
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/vfs/tags/commons-vfs-project-2.1-RC1/
>> r1742212
>>
>> Staged Maven website:
>> http://home.apache.org/~elserj/commons/commons-vfs-2.1/
>>
>> All reports are available in the provided staged Maven site (see
>> "Project Reports" at the root-level as well as under each sub-module).
>> JIRA-generated release notes are available in the dist.a.o "Artifacts"
>> repository. Unit tests pass and the RC was built util JDK6.
>>
>> (For Sebb) A direct Clirr link
>>
>> http://home.apache.org/~elserj/commons/commons-vfs-2.1/commons-vfs2/clirr-report.html
>>
>> Changes since rc0:
>>
>> * Improved release notes and website for compatibility
>> * Fixes to pom.xml for building website
>>
>> This vote will be open for 72-hours, 2016/05/06 0400 UTC.
>>
>>    [ ] +1 Release these artifacts as version 2.1
>>    [ ] 0  OK, but...
>>    [ ] -1 I oppose these artifacts as version 2.1 because..
>>
>> - Josh
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>
>>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons VFS 2.1 rc1

Josh Elser
Benedikt Ritter wrote:

>> - The name is different from Release 1.0. It has been vfs-1.0, no it is
>> >  commons-vfs-project-2.1. I think we should stick with the convention
>> >  established with v1.0.
>> >
>
> I've looked at the tag names again. It looks completely mixed up. We have:
>
> vfs-1.0/
> commons-vfs2-project-2.0/
> commons-vfs-project-2.1-RC1/
>
> It looks like release 2.0 has introduced a new convention. It would be good
> to follow this convention with all upcoming releases...
>
>

Ack! I meant to follow suite with the 2.0 release, but it seems like I
missed the "2" in "vfs2". Thanks for catching it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

123