[VOTE] Apache Commons to sponsor agimatec-validation incunbation

[VOTE] Apache Commons to sponsor agimatec-validation incunbation

Niall Pemberton
Donald Woods and I have put together a proposal  for the incubator to
bring agimatec-validation into the ASF (see
http://markmail.org/message/xv4p6twshqznxfcp). The draft proposal is
here:

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ValidationProposal

agimatec-validation is an implementation of JSR 303 - the bean
validation framework.

The idea at the moment is that (hopefully) this will eventually end up
back here as a replacement for Commons Validator. We would like the
Commons PMC to be the sponsor for this incubating project.

[ ] +1 Yes lets sponsor it
[ ]  -1 No because...

Being a sponsor doesn't commit Commons or agimatec-validation to have
to *graduate* to Commons, just that its the current preference given a
successful incubation.

In order to make it easier for commons to *observe* the incubation
effort does anyone object to discussion taking place on dev@commons
rather than a separate list and commits going to commits@commons?

[ ] +1 Use the Commons mailing lists
[ ] -1 Bad idea because...

Any Commons committers would be very welcome to join the incubator
podling - please just add yourself to the propsal.

Niall

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons to sponsor agimatec-validation incunbation

Niall Pemberton
+! from me btw

Niall

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 8:34 PM, Niall Pemberton
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Donald Woods and I have put together a proposal  for the incubator to
> bring agimatec-validation into the ASF (see
> http://markmail.org/message/xv4p6twshqznxfcp). The draft proposal is
> here:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ValidationProposal
>
> agimatec-validation is an implementation of JSR 303 - the bean
> validation framework.
>
> The idea at the moment is that (hopefully) this will eventually end up
> back here as a replacement for Commons Validator. We would like the
> Commons PMC to be the sponsor for this incubating project.
>
> [ ] +1 Yes lets sponsor it
> [ ]  -1 No because...
>
> Being a sponsor doesn't commit Commons or agimatec-validation to have
> to *graduate* to Commons, just that its the current preference given a
> successful incubation.
>
> In order to make it easier for commons to *observe* the incubation
> effort does anyone object to discussion taking place on dev@commons
> rather than a separate list and commits going to commits@commons?
>
> [ ] +1 Use the Commons mailing lists
> [ ] -1 Bad idea because...
>
> Any Commons committers would be very welcome to join the incubator
> podling - please just add yourself to the propsal.
>
> Niall

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons to sponsor agimatec-validation incunbation

Stephen Colebourne
Niall Pemberton wrote:
> [X] +1 Yes lets sponsor it
> [ ]  -1 No because...
>
> [X] +1 Use the Commons mailing lists
> [ ] -1 Bad idea because...

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons to sponsor agimatec-validation incunbation

Henri Yandell
On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Stephen Colebourne
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Niall Pemberton wrote:
>>
>> [X] +1 Yes lets sponsor it
>> [ ]  -1 No because...

+1.

>> [X] +1 Use the Commons mailing lists
>> [ ] -1 Bad idea because...

+1, and I'm hoping we do lots more incubations for Commons.

[Distracting aside.... enough that we could a) spin off a mailing list
for incubating projects and b) move all sandbox projects into it]

Hen

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons to sponsor agimatec-validation incunbation

Siegfried Goeschl
Hi folks,

really looking forward to that ...

[X] +1 Yes lets sponsor it
[ ]  -1 No because...

[X] +1 Use the Commons mailing lists
[ ] -1 Bad idea because...

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Niall Pemberton wrote:

> Donald Woods and I have put together a proposal  for the incubator to
> bring agimatec-validation into the ASF (see
> http://markmail.org/message/xv4p6twshqznxfcp). The draft proposal is
> here:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ValidationProposal
>
> agimatec-validation is an implementation of JSR 303 - the bean
> validation framework.
>
> The idea at the moment is that (hopefully) this will eventually end up
> back here as a replacement for Commons Validator. We would like the
> Commons PMC to be the sponsor for this incubating project.
>
> [ ] +1 Yes lets sponsor it
> [ ]  -1 No because...
>
> Being a sponsor doesn't commit Commons or agimatec-validation to have
> to *graduate* to Commons, just that its the current preference given a
> successful incubation.
>
> In order to make it easier for commons to *observe* the incubation
> effort does anyone object to discussion taking place on dev@commons
> rather than a separate list and commits going to commits@commons?
>
> [ ] +1 Use the Commons mailing lists
> [ ] -1 Bad idea because...
>
> Any Commons committers would be very welcome to join the incubator
> podling - please just add yourself to the propsal.
>
> Niall

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons to sponsor agimatec-validation incunbation

Phil Steitz
Niall Pemberton wrote:

> [X] +1 Yes lets sponsor it
> [ ]  -1 No because...

> [X] +1 Use the Commons mailing lists
> [ ] -1 Bad idea because...

Phil

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons to sponsor agimatec-validation incunbation

Rahul Akolkar
On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Niall Pemberton
<[hidden email]> wrote:
<snip/>

> [X] +1 Yes lets sponsor it
> [ ]  -1 No because...

<snap/>

> In order to make it easier for commons to *observe* the incubation
> effort does anyone object to discussion taking place on dev@commons
> rather than a separate list and commits going to commits@commons?
>
> [X] +1 Use the Commons mailing lists
> [ ] -1 Bad idea because...

<snip/>

You mention using commits@commons here but the proposal on the
Incubator wiki suggests a commits list will be created (perhaps that
bit needs to be updated?)

-Rahul

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons to sponsor agimatec-validation incunbation

Oliver Heger-3
Niall Pemberton schrieb:

> [X] +1 Yes lets sponsor it
> [ ]  -1 No because...
>

> [X] +1 Use the Commons mailing lists
> [ ] -1 Bad idea because...

Oliver

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons to sponsor agimatec-validation incunbation

Tommaso Teofili
I vote:

Tommaso

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Rahul Akolkar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Niall Pemberton
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> <snip/>
>>
>> [X] +1 Yes lets sponsor it
>> [ ]  -1 No because...
>>
> <snap/>
>>
>> In order to make it easier for commons to *observe* the incubation
>> effort does anyone object to discussion taking place on dev@commons
>> rather than a separate list and commits going to commits@commons?
>>
>> [X] +1 Use the Commons mailing lists
>> [ ] -1 Bad idea because...
>>
> <snip/>
>
> You mention using commits@commons here but the proposal on the
> Incubator wiki suggests a commits list will be created (perhaps that
> bit needs to be updated?)

Good catch I've updated the proposal.

Niall

> -Rahul

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache Commons to sponsor agimatec-validation incunbation

Niall Pemberton
Both votes (Sponsorship & using Commons mailing lists) have passed
with eight votes (seven binding) from the following people:

Niall Pemberton
Stephen Colebourne
Henri Yandell
Siegfried Goeschl
Phil Steitz
Rahul Akolkar
Oliver Heger
Tommaso Teofili

thanks, the next stage is to take the proposal to the incubator

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Donald Woods and I have put together a proposal  for the incubator to
> bring agimatec-validation into the ASF (see
> http://markmail.org/message/xv4p6twshqznxfcp). The draft proposal is
> here:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ValidationProposal
>
> agimatec-validation is an implementation of JSR 303 - the bean
> validation framework.
>
> The idea at the moment is that (hopefully) this will eventually end up
> back here as a replacement for Commons Validator. We would like the
> Commons PMC to be the sponsor for this incubating project.
>
> [ ] +1 Yes lets sponsor it
> [ ]  -1 No because...
>
> Being a sponsor doesn't commit Commons or agimatec-validation to have
> to *graduate* to Commons, just that its the current preference given a
> successful incubation.
>
> In order to make it easier for commons to *observe* the incubation
> effort does anyone object to discussion taking place on dev@commons
> rather than a separate list and commits going to commits@commons?
>
> [ ] +1 Use the Commons mailing lists
> [ ] -1 Bad idea because...
>
> Any Commons committers would be very welcome to join the incubator
> podling - please just add yourself to the propsal.
>
> Niall

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons to sponsor agimatec-validation incunbation

DWoods
Is the voting complete?  If so, can you post the Results to the dev
list, so we can start discussing the proposal on the incubator@ list?

Thanks for driving this!
-Donald

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 3:47 PM, Donald Woods <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is the voting complete?  If so, can you post the Results to the dev list, so
> we can start discussing the proposal on the incubator@ list?

http://markmail.org/message/m6a5hfdunoxkox6n

Niall

> Thanks for driving this!
> -Donald
>

> Niall Pemberton wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Rahul Akolkar <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Niall Pemberton
>>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> <snip/>

>>> <snap/>

>>> <snip/>
>>>
>>> You mention using commits@commons here but the proposal on the
>>> Incubator wiki suggests a commits list will be created (perhaps that
>>> bit needs to be updated?)
>>
>> Good catch I've updated the proposal.
>>
>> Niall
>>
>>> -Rahul

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons to sponsor agimatec-validation incunbation

DWoods
Niall, any update on the voting?

-Donald

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Donald Woods <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Niall, any update on the voting?

The vote passed on Nov 24th:

http://markmail.org/message/m6a5hfdunoxkox6n

Niall

> -Donald
>

> Donald Woods wrote:
>>
>> Is the voting complete?  If so, can you post the Results to the dev list,
>> so we can start discussing the proposal on the incubator@ list?
>>

>> Thanks for driving this!
>> -Donald
>>

>> Niall Pemberton wrote:

>>> Good catch I've updated the proposal.
>>>
>>> Niall

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons to sponsor agimatec-validation incunbation

Mohammad Nour El-Din
So Niall, whats next and please if there is anything I can help in let
me know about it.

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Niall Pemberton
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Donald Woods <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Niall, any update on the voting?
>
> The vote passed on Nov 24th:
>
> http://markmail.org/message/m6a5hfdunoxkox6n
>
> Niall
>
>> -Donald
>>

>> Donald Woods wrote:
>>>
>>> Is the voting complete?  If so, can you post the Results to the dev list,
>>> so we can start discussing the proposal on the incubator@ list?
>>>

>>> Thanks for driving this!
>>> -Donald

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour
----
- Albert Einstein

than your best."

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons to sponsor agimatec-validation incunbation

Simone Tripodi
Hi Niall, validation team,
same here, I'm available :)
Simo

http://www.google.com/profiles/simone.tripodi

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons to sponsor agimatec-validation incunbation

Niall Pemberton
On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 8:16 AM, Mohammad Nour El-Din
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> So Niall, whats next and please if there is anything I can help in let
> me know about it.

I was waiting for Donald to take the lead. Hes posted a couple of
message about the vote which I responded to but he doesn't seem to be
around much. Its ready AFAIC to post the proposal to
general@incubator.

Niall

> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Niall Pemberton
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Donald Woods <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Niall, any update on the voting?
>>
>> The vote passed on Nov 24th:
>>
>> http://markmail.org/message/m6a5hfdunoxkox6n
>>
>> Niall
>>
>>> -Donald

> Thanks
> - Mohammad Nour
> ----
> - Albert Einstein

> than your best."

Re: [VOTE] Apache Commons to sponsor agimatec-validation incunbation

kevan

On Dec 7, 2009, at 9:00 PM, Niall Pemberton wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 8:16 AM, Mohammad Nour El-Din
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> So Niall, whats next and please if there is anything I can help in let
>> me know about it.
>
> I was waiting for Donald to take the lead. Hes posted a couple of
> message about the vote which I responded to but he doesn't seem to be
> around much. Its ready AFAIC to post the proposal to
> general@incubator.

I think Donald must be having subscription problems with this mailing list. Don't think he's seen either response (or the other notes). I've nudged him off-list.

--kevan

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 12:03 AM, Kevan Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2009, at 9:00 PM, Niall Pemberton wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 8:16 AM, Mohammad Nour El-Din
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> So Niall, whats next and please if there is anything I can help in let
>>> me know about it.
>>
>> I was waiting for Donald to take the lead. Hes posted a couple of
>> message about the vote which I responded to but he doesn't seem to be
>> around much. Its ready AFAIC to post the proposal to
>> general@incubator.
>
> I think Donald must be having subscription problems with this mailing list. Don't think he's seen either response (or the other notes). I've nudged him off-list.

I tried that and got no response :(

Niall