[VOTE][RC2] Commons collections 4.3

Re: JAPICMP Collections-4.3-RC2 report pdf (Was: Re: [VOTE][RC2] Commons collections 4.3)

Gilles Sadowski-2
Hi.

Le mer. 30 janv. 2019 à 13:16, Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> > On Jan 30, 2019, at 1:12 AM, Maxim Solodovnik <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello All,
> >
> > It seems my previous post was missed somehow
> > so will re-post here:
> >
> > I have added japicmp report here: [1] is has none issues
> >

> What do folks think about [1]? It looks much more promising than the clirr report.

I lost the thread...
What (I think) we know:
1. A test showed that one of the errors reported by Clirr is a false positive.
    Extending the test could have settled the entire issue.
2. Japicmp was made to work and shows no BC breakage.

This all goes towards concluding that the current RC is fine.
So IIUC, mentioning the issue in the release notes is all that
is necessary to perform the (minor) release.

> -Rob
>
> > Additionally I have updated gist [2] it also show there are no issues
> >
> > In case this is not enough I propose to cancel RC2 and to release 5.0
> >
> > [1]
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/collections/4.3-RC2/site/japicmp.html
> > [2] https://gist.github.com/solomax/a6fbec6db71bb28dfe53afc566086505
> >
> >> On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 at 20:35, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> The bottom line is that new interface method in Collections 4.3 MUST be
> >> default methods to avoid blowing up code. This is possible since Collection
> >> now requires Java 8.
> >>
> >> Gary

Re: JAPICMP Collections-4.3-RC2 report pdf (Was: Re: [VOTE][RC2] Commons collections 4.3)

garydgregory
The RC seems fine. The new test can be added post release.

Gary

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019, 08:23 Gilles Sadowski <[hidden email] wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Le mer. 30 janv. 2019 à 13:16, Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >

> > > On Jan 30, 2019, at 1:12 AM, Maxim Solodovnik <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello All,
> > >
> > > It seems my previous post was missed somehow
> > > so will re-post here:
> > >
> > > I have added japicmp report here: [1] is has none issues
> > >

> > What do folks think about [1]? It looks much more promising than the
> clirr report.
>
> I lost the thread...
> What (I think) we know:
> 1. A test showed that one of the errors reported by Clirr is a false
> positive.
>     Extending the test could have settled the entire issue.
> 2. Japicmp was made to work and shows no BC breakage.
>
> This all goes towards concluding that the current RC is fine.
> So IIUC, mentioning the issue in the release notes is all that
> is necessary to perform the (minor) release.

> > -Rob
> >
> > > Additionally I have updated gist [2] it also show there are no issues
> > >
> > > In case this is not enough I propose to cancel RC2 and to release 5.0
> > >
> > > [1]
> > >
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/collections/4.3-RC2/site/japicmp.html
> > > [2] https://gist.github.com/solomax/a6fbec6db71bb28dfe53afc566086505

> be
> Collection

Re: JAPICMP Collections-4.3-RC2 report pdf (Was: Re: [VOTE][RC2] Commons collections 4.3)

Maxim Solodovnik
Latest version of test [2] shows all errors are false positive ....

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Le mer. 30 janv. 2019 à 14:56, Maxim Solodovnik <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Latest version of test [2] shows all errors are false positive ....

Great;  I missed that (sorry).

Then, there is no reason to change the major version number.
Is this still the [VOTE] thread?

> On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 at 20:23, Gilles Sadowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi.

> > > What do folks think about [1]? It looks much more promising than the
> > clirr report.
> >
> > I lost the thread...
> > What (I think) we know:
> > 1. A test showed that one of the errors reported by Clirr is a false
> > positive.
> >     Extending the test could have settled the entire issue.
> > 2. Japicmp was made to work and shows no BC breakage.
> >
> > This all goes towards concluding that the current RC is fine.
> > So IIUC, mentioning the issue in the release notes is all that
> > is necessary to perform the (minor) release.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Gilles
> >

> > > -Rob

> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/collections/4.3-RC2/site/japicmp.html

> > be
> > Collection

> WBR
> Maxim aka solomax

Re: JAPICMP Collections-4.3-RC2 report pdf (Was: Re: [VOTE][RC2] Commons collections 4.3)

Rob Tompkins
I believe that the [VOTE] thread is still out there. As I’ve already done build validation, I’m going to do signature validation now. I’ll dig the thread up and add my vote.

-Rob

> On Jan 30, 2019, at 9:02 AM, Gilles Sadowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Le mer. 30 janv. 2019 à 14:56, Maxim Solodovnik <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> a écrit :
>>
>> Latest version of test [2] shows all errors are false positive ....
>
> Great;  I missed that (sorry).
>
> Then, there is no reason to change the major version number.
> Is this still the [VOTE] thread?

>> On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 at 20:23, Gilles Sadowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi.

>>> clirr report.
>>>
>>> I lost the thread...
>>> What (I think) we know:
>>> 1. A test showed that one of the errors reported by Clirr is a false
>>> positive.
>>>    Extending the test could have settled the entire issue.
>>> 2. Japicmp was made to work and shows no BC breakage.
>>>
>>> This all goes towards concluding that the current RC is fine.
>>> So IIUC, mentioning the issue in the release notes is all that
>>> is necessary to perform the (minor) release.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Gilles

>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/collections/4.3-RC2/site/japicmp.html

>>> be
>>> Collection

>> --
>> WBR
>> Maxim aka solomax

> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: [VOTE][RC2] Commons collections 4.3

Maxim Solodovnik
This release need your VOTES :)))

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [VOTE][RC2] Commons collections 4.3

Gilles Sadowski-2
Hello Maxim.

Le jeu. 31 janv. 2019 à 05:42, Maxim Solodovnik <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> This release need your VOTES :)))

The contents on which to vote is buried within many levels of
indentation; could you please post a clean message, with links
to the RC files, BC test, and the conclusion of this long discussion?

Re: [VOTE][RC2] Commons collections 4.3

sebb-2-2
+1, it has become very messy

Cancel this vote thread and start another

On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 at 08:42, Gilles Sadowski <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Maxim.
>
> Le jeu. 31 janv. 2019 à 05:42, Maxim Solodovnik <[hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> > This release need your VOTES :)))
>
> The contents on which to vote is buried within many levels of
> indentation; could you please post a clean message, with links
> to the RC files, BC test, and the conclusion of this long discussion?

[CANCELED] [VOTE][RC2] Commons collections 4.3

Maxim Solodovnik
The VOTE in this thread has been canceled

WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [VOTE][RC2] Commons collections 4.3

> On Jan 31, 2019, at 4:11 AM, sebb <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1, it has become very messy

One way or another I am a +1 (binding).

I’ve tested the signatures, and the builds in java8 and java11. Both work. You guys can decide how you want to proceed with the documentation of the [VOTE].

-Rob

> Cancel this vote thread and start another
>
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 at 08:42, Gilles Sadowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Maxim.
>>
>> Le jeu. 31 janv. 2019 à 05:42, Maxim Solodovnik <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>> This release need your VOTES :)))
>>
>> The contents on which to vote is buried within many levels of
>> indentation; could you please post a clean message, with links
>> to the RC files, BC test, and the conclusion of this long discussion?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gilles

Re: [CANCELED] [VOTE][RC2] Commons collections 4.3

> On Jan 31, 2019, at 6:22 AM, Maxim Solodovnik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The VOTE in this thread has been canceled

Just copy and paste in the RC2 original [VOTE] email, and re-start it. I’ll +1 it.