[VOTE] Release Aoache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC3

[VOTE] Release Aoache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC3

Benedikt Ritter-4
Hi all,

we have fixed the issues which where found in RC2 (and a lot more ;-)) so
I'd like to call a new vote to release Apache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based
on RC3.

Changes between RC2 and RC3:
- Removed dependency to methods > Java 1.4
- [VALIDATOR-342] URLValidator returns false for http://example.rocks
- [VALIDATOR-235] UrlValidator rejects url with Unicode characters in
domain label or TLD
- [VALIDATOR-339] URLValidator fails validating domain names with a
trailing period, which are valid.
- [VALIDATOR-306] DomainValidator accepts labels longer than 63 chars and
domain name lengths exceeding 255 chars
- [VALIDATOR-349] TLD tables should be pre-sorted
- [VALIDATOR-290] Create new url validation using rfc3986 and IDN - added
new test
- [VALIDATOR-350] Should "x.root" validate as a domain name? Removed "root"
from TLD list. Also "um" and "yu" as they are currently "Not assigned"
- [VALIDATOR-308] Logical errors in util.Flags affecting check of multiple
flags as well as flag 64
- [VALIDATOR-344] AbstractCheckDigit class does not fully test invalid
strings. Fix up the testCalculateInvalid() invalid method to allow for
either invalid checksum or syntax (CheckDigitException) error when testing
the entries in the invalid array.
- [VALIDATOR-297] Punycode url is not valid. Top-level domain regex
matching was wrong; did not allow embedded "-" as per RFC2396
- [VALIDATOR-334] UrlValidator: isValidAuthority() returning true when
supplied authority validator fails
- [VALIDATOR-309] UrlValidator does not validate uppercase URL schemes
- [VALIDATOR-343] Doc URL update for broken link

Changes between RC1 and RC2:
- [VALIDATOR-307] - isValid checks if the given address is only IPV4
address and not IPV6
- [VALIDATOR-347] - toLowerCase() method is Locale-sensitive and should not
be used
- [VALIDATOR-348] - Update TLD list to latest version (Version 2014123000)
- [VALIDATOR-336] - CUSIPCheckDigit thinks invalid CUSIP is valid.
- [VALIDATOR-345] - ISINCheckDigit fails to reject invalid (non-numeric)
check digits
- [VALIDATOR-346] - SedolCheckDigit fails to reject invalid (non-numeric)
check digits
- Removed STATUS.html
- Added README.md to binary and source distribution
- Fixed encoding of source files in build by setting commons.encoding
property
- Fixed JIRA report to contain the issues of the project
- Reverted dependency to commons-beanutils to 1.8.3 since this is the
latest JDK 1.4 compatible release
- Added JDK requirements to release notes.

Validator 1.4.1-RC2 is available for review here:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/validator/ (svn revision
7682)

The tag is here:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/validator/tags/VALIDATOR_1_4_1_RC3/
(svn
revision 1650789)

Maven artifacts are here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1076/commons-validator/commons-validator/1.4.1/

Details of changes since 1.4 are in the release notes:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/validator/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

I have tested this with JDK 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8 using maven 3.2.5.

Site (some links my be broken but will be fixed when the site is deployed):
  http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/

Clirr Report:
  http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/clirr-report.html

RAT Report:
  http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/rat-report.html

Keys:
  https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS

Please review this release candidate and vote.
This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after
2015/01/04 19:00CET

[ ] +1 Release these artifacts
[ ] +0 OK, but...
[ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
[ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

I'd like to add that all thanks for this RC goes to sebb, who has invested
a lot of time to get this right.
Thanks!

http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
http://github.com/britter

Re: [VOTE] Release Aoache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC3

garydgregory
Semi-side note and FWIW: This feels more like a 1.5 release due to the
added method to an interface as reported by Clirr and the number of fixes.
I'll review this weekend.

Gary

--
E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release Aoache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC3

sebb-2-2
On 10 January 2015 at 19:35, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Semi-side note and FWIW: This feels more like a 1.5 release due to the
> added method to an interface as reported by Clirr and the number of fixes.

s/interface/class/

Changes to interfaces break binary compat.

Additions to classes generally don't.
(adding an abstract method would break compat)

On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 3:26 PM, sebb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 10 January 2015 at 19:35, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Semi-side note and FWIW: This feels more like a 1.5 release due to the
> > added method to an interface as reported by Clirr and the number of
> fixes.
>

> s/interface/class/
>
> Changes to interfaces break binary compat.
>
> Additions to classes generally don't.
> (adding an abstract method would break compat)

My mistake, sorry, the method was added to the class InetAddressValidator.

Gary

Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release Aoache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC3

garydgregory
Build like a champ with:

Apache Maven 3.2.5 (12a6b3acb947671f09b81f49094c53f426d8cea1;
2014-12-14T12:29:23-05:00)
Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.2.5
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_71\jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"

Home: http://garygregory.com/

On 11 January 2015 at 02:55, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Build like a champ with:
>
> Apache Maven 3.2.5 (12a6b3acb947671f09b81f49094c53f426d8cea1;
> 2014-12-14T12:29:23-05:00)
> Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.2.5
> Java version: 1.7.0_71, vendor: Oracle Corporation
> Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_71\jre
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
> OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"
>
> +1
>
> Gary
>

> On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 3:38 PM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
> wrote:

>>> fixes.
>>>

>>> s/interface/class/
>>>
>>> Changes to interfaces break binary compat.
>>>
>>> Additions to classes generally don't.
>>> (adding an abstract method would break compat)
>>>

>> My mistake, sorry, the method was added to the class InetAddressValidator.
>>
>> Gary

>>> so
>>> based

>>> and
>>> added
>>> "root"
>>> multiple
>>> testing

>>> should not
>>> 2014123000)
>>> (non-numeric)
>>> (non-numeric)

>>> revision

>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/validator/tags/VALIDATOR_1_4_1_RC3/

>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1076/commons-validator/commons-validator/1.4.1/

>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/validator/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

>>> deployed):

>>> http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/clirr-report.html

>>> http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/rat-report.html

>>> invested

>> --
>> E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
>> <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
>> Home: http://garygregory.com/

> <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
> Home: http://garygregory.com/
> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release Aoache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC3

Bruno P. Kinoshita
+1 not binding.

One minor thing, is that the NOTICE.txt file contains:

Apache Commons Validator
Copyright 2001-2014 The Apache Software Foundation

I think this could be updated to 2001-2015.
Build works fine with the following environment:

Apache Maven 3.2.1 (ea8b2b07643dbb1b84b6d16e1f08391b666bc1e9; 2014-02-14T15:37:52-03:00)
Maven home: /opt/apache-maven-3.2.1
Java home: /opt/jdk1.8.0_05/jre
OS name: "linux", version: "3.13.0-36-generic", arch: "i386", family: "unix"

No tests failed, site reports looks fine too.

Thanks!Bruno

> [...]
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/rat-report.html
>
> Keys:
>   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>
> Please review this release candidate and vote.
> This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after
> 2015/01/04 19:00CET
>
> [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
> [ ] +0 OK, but...
> [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
> [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>
> I'd like to add that all thanks for this RC goes to sebb, who has invested
> a lot of time to get this right.
> Thanks!
>
> Benedikt
>

> --
> http://people.apache.org/~britter/
> http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
> http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
> http://github.com/britter

Re: [VOTE] Release Aoache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC3

Luc Maisonobe-2
Le 10/01/2015 19:51, Benedikt Ritter a écrit :

> [...]
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1076/commons-validator/commons-validator/1.4.1/
>
> Details of changes since 1.4 are in the release notes:
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/validator/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>
> I have tested this with JDK 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8 using maven 3.2.5.
>
> Site (some links my be broken but will be fixed when the site is deployed):
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/
>
> Clirr Report:
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/clirr-report.html
>
> RAT Report:
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/rat-report.html
>
> Keys:
>   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>
> Please review this release candidate and vote.
> This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after

Since the vote started on January 10th, I suppose the real closing date
should be January 13th, not January 4th ;-)

> [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
> [X] +0 OK, but...

One problem is that the MANIFEST.MF file in the binaries jar
does not contain the build number. The corresponding entry reads:

 Implementation-Build: UNKNOWN_BRANCH@r??????; 2015-01-10 18:25:42+0000

It has probably been built from a non-svn checkout.

As binaries are only a convenience, I don't think it's a blocker,
hence my +0.

Luc

> [...]

> > RAT Report:
> >   http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/rat-report.html
> >
> > Keys:
> >   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
> >
> > Please review this release candidate and vote.
> > This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after
> > 2015/01/04 19:00CET
>
> Since the vote started on January 10th, I suppose the real closing date
> should be January 13th, not January 4th ;-)
>

> > [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
> > [X] +0 OK, but...
>
> One problem is that the MANIFEST.MF file in the binaries jar
> does not contain the build number. The corresponding entry reads:
>
>  Implementation-Build: UNKNOWN_BRANCH@r??????; 2015-01-10 18:25:42+0000
>
> It has probably been built from a non-svn checkout.
>
> As binaries are only a convenience, I don't think it's a blocker,

Hello Luc,

I usually do a svn export of the tag before I create the artifacts. This
seems to be the wrong procedure, so all releases I've created will have
this problem :-(
I'll do a svn co from now on.

Thanks!
Benedikt

> Luc
>
> > [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
> > [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
> >
> > I'd like to add that all thanks for this RC goes to sebb, who has
> invested
> > a lot of time to get this right.
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Benedikt

http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
http://github.com/britter

Re: [VOTE] Release Aoache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC3

James Carman
Why is any of this being done manually?

On Sunday, January 11, 2015, Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> seems to be the wrong procedure, so all releases I've created will have
> this problem :-(
> I'll do a svn co from now on.
>
> Thanks!
> Benedikt
>

> > Luc
> >
> > > [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
> > > [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
> > >
> > > I'd like to add that all thanks for this RC goes to sebb, who has
> > invested
> > > a lot of time to get this right.
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Benedikt

> <javascript:;>
> <javascript:;>
> >

> --
> http://people.apache.org/~britter/
> http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
> http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
> http://github.com/britter

Re: [VOTE] Release Aoache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC3

Phil Steitz
On 1/11/15 5:25 AM, James Carman wrote:
> Why is any of this being done manually?

So we know what we are doing and so we can inspect tags and
artifacts. The "push one button" mutate tags approach is not
appealing to many of us.  Every Commons RC I have ever cut, and
hopefully will ever cut follows the pattern:

0) Get source in shape for release
1) Create a tag
2) Inspect the tag
3) If the tag is good, commit it
4) Do a clean checkout of the tag and create the source distro and
any convenience binaries from the tag
5) Inspect the artifacts
6) If the artifacts are good, publish them for VOTE

Trying to skip steps 2) - 4) via "automation" takes control away
from the RM and results in stressful revert / cleanup activities
when we screw up (which we all do regularly).  The inspection steps
are all steps you end up taking anyway, so "push one button" doesn't
actually save any time.

Phil

> On Sunday, January 11, 2015, Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> <javascript:;>>:

>> so
>>> based

>> and
>> added
>>> "root"
>>> multiple
>>> testing

>>> not
>>> 2014123000)
>> (non-numeric)
>> (non-numeric)

>>> revision

>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/validator/tags/VALIDATOR_1_4_1_RC3/

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1076/commons-validator/commons-validator/1.4.1/
>>>>
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/validator/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

>>> deployed):

>>> http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/clirr-report.html
>>>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/rat-report.html

>>> Since the vote started on January 10th, I suppose the real closing date
>>> should be January 13th, not January 4th ;-)

>>> One problem is that the MANIFEST.MF file in the binaries jar
>>> does not contain the build number. The corresponding entry reads:
>>>
>>>  Implementation-Build: UNKNOWN_BRANCH@r??????; 2015-01-10 18:25:42+0000
>>>
>>> It has probably been built from a non-svn checkout.
>>>
>>> As binaries are only a convenience, I don't think it's a blocker,
>>> hence my +0.
>>>
>> Hello Luc,
>>
>> I usually do a svn export of the tag before I create the artifacts. This
>> seems to be the wrong procedure, so all releases I've created will have
>> this problem :-(
>> I'll do a svn co from now on.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Benedikt
>>

>>> Luc

>>> invested

>> <javascript:;>
>> <javascript:;>
>>>

>> --
>> http://people.apache.org/~britter/
>> http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
>> http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
>> http://github.com/britter

Re: [VOTE] Release Aoache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC3

James Carman
Well, if you guys are comfortable with that, that's fine, but I've cut
hundreds if not thousands of releases using the "push button" approach
and it works out pretty well (most of the time).  I actually use
Jenkins to do my releases.  If the push-button process isn't working
smoothly, I'd take the time to fix that as opposed to throwing the
baby out with the bath water.

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Phil Steitz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 1/11/15 5:25 AM, James Carman wrote:
>> Why is any of this being done manually?
>
> So we know what we are doing and so we can inspect tags and
> artifacts. The "push one button" mutate tags approach is not
> appealing to many of us.  Every Commons RC I have ever cut, and
> hopefully will ever cut follows the pattern:
>
> 0) Get source in shape for release
> 1) Create a tag
> 2) Inspect the tag
> 3) If the tag is good, commit it
> 4) Do a clean checkout of the tag and create the source distro and
> any convenience binaries from the tag
> 5) Inspect the artifacts
> 6) If the artifacts are good, publish them for VOTE
>
> Trying to skip steps 2) - 4) via "automation" takes control away
> from the RM and results in stressful revert / cleanup activities
> when we screw up (which we all do regularly).  The inspection steps
> are all steps you end up taking anyway, so "push one button" doesn't
> actually save any time.
>
> Phil

>>> so

>>> and
>>> added

>>> (non-numeric)
>>> (non-numeric)

>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/validator/tags/VALIDATOR_1_4_1_RC3/

>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1076/commons-validator/commons-validator/1.4.1/
>>>>>
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/validator/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

>>> http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/rat-report.html

>>> Hello Luc,
>>>
>>> I usually do a svn export of the tag before I create the artifacts. This
>>> seems to be the wrong procedure, so all releases I've created will have
>>> this problem :-(
>>> I'll do a svn co from now on.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Benedikt

>>> <javascript:;>
>>> <javascript:;>
>>>>

>>> --
>>> http://people.apache.org/~britter/
>>> http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
>>> http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
>>> http://github.com/britter

Re: [VOTE] Release Aoache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC3

garydgregory
On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 9:13 AM, James Carman <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Well, if you guys are comfortable with that, that's fine, but I've cut
> hundreds if not thousands of releases using the "push button" approach
> and it works out pretty well (most of the time).  I actually use
> Jenkins to do my releases.

How does this button work? Does Jenkins deploy to both the Maven repo and
the dist folders? And publishes the site?

Gary

Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release Aoache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC3

James Carman
Well, for my personal stuff, it just pushes to a "staging" repo (at
Nexus OSS).  The site stuff, we'd have to work through (maybe to a
staging site?).  Admittedly, my workflow is much simpler, but these
things can be automated.  We can't be the first people to have these
type of requirements.

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 9:46 AM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 9:13 AM, James Carman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Well, if you guys are comfortable with that, that's fine, but I've cut
>> hundreds if not thousands of releases using the "push button" approach
>> and it works out pretty well (most of the time).  I actually use
>> Jenkins to do my releases.
>

> How does this button work? Does Jenkins deploy to both the Maven repo and
> the dist folders? And publishes the site?
>
> Gary
>

>> If the push-button process isn't working
>> smoothly, I'd take the time to fix that as opposed to throwing the
>> baby out with the bath water.
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Phil Steitz <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > So we know what we are doing and so we can inspect tags and
>> > artifacts. The "push one button" mutate tags approach is not
>> > appealing to many of us.  Every Commons RC I have ever cut, and
>> > hopefully will ever cut follows the pattern:
>> >
>> > 0) Get source in shape for release
>> > 1) Create a tag
>> > 2) Inspect the tag
>> > 3) If the tag is good, commit it
>> > 4) Do a clean checkout of the tag and create the source distro and
>> > any convenience binaries from the tag
>> > 5) Inspect the artifacts
>> > 6) If the artifacts are good, publish them for VOTE
>> >
>> > Trying to skip steps 2) - 4) via "automation" takes control away
>> > from the RM and results in stressful revert / cleanup activities
>> > when we screw up (which we all do regularly).  The inspection steps
>> > are all steps you end up taking anyway, so "push one button" doesn't
>> > actually save any time.
>> >
>> > Phil

>> ;-))

>> http://example.rocks
>> assigned"
>> invalid
>> for
>> when
>> schemes

>> should

>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/validator/tags/VALIDATOR_1_4_1_RC3/

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1076/commons-validator/commons-validator/1.4.1/
>> >>>>>

>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/validator/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

>> http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/clirr-report.html

>> date

>> 18:25:42+0000

>> This

> <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
> Home: http://garygregory.com/
> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release Aoache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC3

garydgregory
On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 9:56 AM, James Carman <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Well, for my personal stuff, it just pushes to a "staging" repo (at
> Nexus OSS).  The site stuff, we'd have to work through (maybe to a
> staging site?).  Admittedly, my workflow is much simpler, but these
> things can be automated.  We can't be the first people to have these
> type of requirements.

Well, the Commons release process is a giant PITA IMO and could be made
better. But, IMO, some of the problems come from the requirements
themselves, which we've given ourselves, like releasing to both Maven and
to dist folders.

Gary

Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release Aoache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC3

Benedikt Ritter-4
I like this discussion, since I see potential to improve things. However it
would be better to discuss this on a separate thread :-)

Thanks!

http://github.com/britter

Re: [VOTE] Release Aoache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC3

James Carman
Some of our requirements are self-imposed too.  We do have quite a bit of
freedom and autonomy as a PMC.  We have some wiggle room on some things
which may help.

On Monday, January 12, 2015, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> <javascript:;>
> > >>

> > > --
> > > E-Mail: [hidden email] <javascript:;> | [hidden email]
> <javascript:;>
> > > Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition
> > > <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
> > > JUnit in Action, Second Edition <http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/>
> > > Spring Batch in Action <http://www.manning.com/templier/>
> > > Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
> > > Home: http://garygregory.com/
> > > Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

> <javascript:;>
> <javascript:;>
> >

> --
> E-Mail: [hidden email] <javascript:;> | [hidden email]
> <javascript:;>
> <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
> Home: http://garygregory.com/
> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release Aoache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC3

+1.  Sorry to hijack

On Monday, January 12, 2015, Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> will
> > > have

> > has

> <javascript:;>
> <javascript:;>

> <javascript:;>
> <javascript:;>

> <javascript:;>
> <javascript:;>

> <javascript:;>

> <javascript:;>
> <javascript:;>
> > >

> > --
> > E-Mail: [hidden email] <javascript:;> | [hidden email]
> <javascript:;>
> > <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
> > Home: http://garygregory.com/

> http://people.apache.org/~britter/
> http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
> http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
> http://github.com/britter

Re: [VOTE] Release Aoache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC3

Aoache Commons? Are you forking? ;-)

Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release Aoache Commons Validator 1.4.1 based on RC3

> Aoache Commons? Are you forking? ;-)

Yes, I messed the vote mail up a little bit this time... :o)  the end date
is also incorrect. The vote will end no sooner than 2015/01/13, 20:00 CET

> [...]
> >
> > I have tested this with JDK 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8 using maven 3.2.5.
> >
> > Site (some links my be broken but will be fixed when the site is
> deployed):
> >   http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/
> >
> > Clirr Report:
> >
> http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/clirr-report.html
> >
> > RAT Report:
> >   http://people.apache.org/~britter/validator-1.4.1-RC3/rat-report.html
> >
> > Keys:
> >   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
> >
> > Please review this release candidate and vote.
> > This vote will close no sooner than 72 hours from now, i.e. after
> > 2015/01/04 19:00CET
> >
> > [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
> > [ ] +0 OK, but...
> > [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
> > [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
> >
> > I'd like to add that all thanks for this RC goes to sebb, who has

12