[VOTE] Release Apache Commons JCS 2.1 based on RC1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[VOTE] Release Apache Commons JCS 2.1 based on RC1

Thomas Vandahl
I would like to release the [jcs] component to resolve some bugs

Apache Commons JCS 2.1 RC1 is available for review at:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/jcs/ (r18146).

Maven artifacts are at:
  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1235 .

The Subversion tag is:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/jcs/tags/commons-jcs-2.1
(r1781745).

The release notes are at:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/jcs/tags/commons-jcs-2.1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
(r1781745).

The staged site is available as a tarball at

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/jcs/commons-jcs-site-2.1.tar.gz
(r18146).

Please review the release candidate and vote.

  [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
  [ ] +0 OK, but...
  [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
  [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

Bye, Thomas



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons JCS 2.1 based on RC1

garydgregory
+1 (but needs clarification on why RAT check fails in the site report and
is OK from the command line)

from src zip: ASC, MD5, SHA1 OK.
Running all building tests with Java 7 per BUILDING.txt.

Apache Maven 3.3.9 (bb52d8502b132ec0a5a3f4c09453c07478323dc5;
2015-11-10T08:41:47-08:00)
Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.3.9
Java version: 1.7.0_80, vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_80\jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 8.1", version: "6.3", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"

CLIRR check OK
RAT check OK
Building 'mvn clean install' OK

Building site with Maven 3.0.5 OK using:

Apache Maven 3.0.5 (r01de14724cdef164cd33c7c8c2fe155faf9602da; 2013-02-19
05:51:28-0800)
Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.0.5
Java version: 1.7.0_80, vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_80\jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 8.1", version: "6.3", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"

RAT check NOT OK in web site report:

1 Unknown Licenses

*****************************************************

Files with unapproved licenses:

  src/scripts/zipcodes.txt


Gary

On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 9:24 AM, Thomas Vandahl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would like to release the [jcs] component to resolve some bugs
>
> Apache Commons JCS 2.1 RC1 is available for review at:
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/jcs/ (r18146).
>
> Maven artifacts are at:
>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1235
> .
>
> The Subversion tag is:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/jcs/tags/commons-jcs-2.1
> (r1781745).
>
> The release notes are at:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/jcs/tags/
> commons-jcs-2.1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
> (r1781745).
>
> The staged site is available as a tarball at
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/jcs/commons-
> jcs-site-2.1.tar.gz
> (r18146).
>
> Please review the release candidate and vote.
>
>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>
> Bye, Thomas
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>


--
E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition
<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1617290459/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1617290459&linkCode=as2&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=cadb800f39946ec62ea2b1af9fe6a2b8>

<http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=1617290459>
JUnit in Action, Second Edition
<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935182021/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1935182021&linkCode=as2&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=31ecd1f6b6d1eaf8886ac902a24de418%22>

<http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=1935182021>
Spring Batch in Action
<https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935182951/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1935182951&linkCode=%7B%7BlinkCode%7D%7D&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=%7B%7Blink_id%7D%7D%22%3ESpring+Batch+in+Action>
<http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=1935182951>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons JCS 2.1 based on RC1

Romain Manni-Bucau
+1


Romain Manni-Bucau
@rmannibucau <https://twitter.com/rmannibucau> |  Blog
<https://blog-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com> | Old Blog
<http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com> | Github <https://github.com/rmannibucau> |
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau> | JavaEE Factory
<https://javaeefactory-rmannibucau.rhcloud.com>

2017-02-06 0:44 GMT+01:00 Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>:

> +1 (but needs clarification on why RAT check fails in the site report and
> is OK from the command line)
>
> from src zip: ASC, MD5, SHA1 OK.
> Running all building tests with Java 7 per BUILDING.txt.
>
> Apache Maven 3.3.9 (bb52d8502b132ec0a5a3f4c09453c07478323dc5;
> 2015-11-10T08:41:47-08:00)
> Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.3.9
> Java version: 1.7.0_80, vendor: Oracle Corporation
> Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_80\jre
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
> OS name: "windows 8.1", version: "6.3", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"
>
> CLIRR check OK
> RAT check OK
> Building 'mvn clean install' OK
>
> Building site with Maven 3.0.5 OK using:
>
> Apache Maven 3.0.5 (r01de14724cdef164cd33c7c8c2fe155faf9602da; 2013-02-19
> 05:51:28-0800)
> Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.0.5
> Java version: 1.7.0_80, vendor: Oracle Corporation
> Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_80\jre
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
> OS name: "windows 8.1", version: "6.3", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"
>
> RAT check NOT OK in web site report:
>
> 1 Unknown Licenses
>
> *****************************************************
>
> Files with unapproved licenses:
>
>   src/scripts/zipcodes.txt
>
>
> Gary
>
> On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 9:24 AM, Thomas Vandahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I would like to release the [jcs] component to resolve some bugs
> >
> > Apache Commons JCS 2.1 RC1 is available for review at:
> >   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/jcs/ (r18146).
> >
> > Maven artifacts are at:
> >   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
> orgapachecommons-1235
> > .
> >
> > The Subversion tag is:
> >
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/jcs/tags/commons-jcs-2.1
> > (r1781745).
> >
> > The release notes are at:
> >
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/jcs/tags/
> > commons-jcs-2.1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
> > (r1781745).
> >
> > The staged site is available as a tarball at
> >
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/jcs/commons-
> > jcs-site-2.1.tar.gz
> > (r18146).
> >
> > Please review the release candidate and vote.
> >
> >   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
> >   [ ] +0 OK, but...
> >   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
> >   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
> >
> > Bye, Thomas
> >
> >
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
> Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition
> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1617290459/ref=as_li_
> tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1617290459&
> linkCode=as2&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=cadb800f39946ec62ea2b1af9fe6a2b8>
>
> <http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=
> 1617290459>
> JUnit in Action, Second Edition
> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935182021/ref=as_li_
> tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1935182021&
> linkCode=as2&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=31ecd1f6b6d1eaf8886ac902a24de418%22
> >
>
> <http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=
> 1935182021>
> Spring Batch in Action
> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1935182951/ref=as_li_
> tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1935182951&
> linkCode=%7B%7BlinkCode%7D%7D&tag=garygregory-20&linkId=%7B%
> 7Blink_id%7D%7D%22%3ESpring+Batch+in+Action>
> <http:////ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=garygregory-20&l=am2&o=1&a=
> 1935182951>
> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
> Home: http://garygregory.com/
> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons JCS 2.1 based on RC1

Thomas Vandahl
In reply to this post by Thomas Vandahl
On 05.02.17 18:24, Thomas Vandahl wrote:
>   [X] +1 Release these artifacts
>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

Bye, Thomas


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons JCS 2.1 based on RC1

Oliver Heger-3
In reply to this post by Thomas Vandahl
Build works fine with Java 1.6 and 1.8 on Windows 10. The site build
failed for me with Java 1.8 because of Javadoc errors, but this is not
blocking. Site and artifacts look good.

I noticed that OSGi manifests of jars use the same symbolic bundle name,
e.g. for commons-jcs-core-2.1.jar and
commons-jcs-jcache-openjpa-2.1.jar. This is likely to cause problems in
an OSGi container.

In total I am +1 for the release.

Oliver

Am 05.02.2017 um 18:24 schrieb Thomas Vandahl:

> I would like to release the [jcs] component to resolve some bugs
>
> Apache Commons JCS 2.1 RC1 is available for review at:
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/jcs/ (r18146).
>
> Maven artifacts are at:
>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1235 .
>
> The Subversion tag is:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/jcs/tags/commons-jcs-2.1
> (r1781745).
>
> The release notes are at:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/jcs/tags/commons-jcs-2.1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
> (r1781745).
>
> The staged site is available as a tarball at
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/jcs/commons-jcs-site-2.1.tar.gz
> (r18146).
>
> Please review the release candidate and vote.
>
>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>
> Bye, Thomas
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons JCS 2.1 based on RC1

Rob Tompkins
In reply to this post by Thomas Vandahl
Build works on Mac, Java 6, 7, 8. Site seems to only work on 7 (but that’s been mentioned already).

Artifacts look good, site looks good.

+1

> On Feb 5, 2017, at 12:24 PM, Thomas Vandahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I would like to release the [jcs] component to resolve some bugs
>
> Apache Commons JCS 2.1 RC1 is available for review at:
>  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/jcs/ (r18146).
>
> Maven artifacts are at:
>  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1235 .
>
> The Subversion tag is:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/jcs/tags/commons-jcs-2.1
> (r1781745).
>
> The release notes are at:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/jcs/tags/commons-jcs-2.1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
> (r1781745).
>
> The staged site is available as a tarball at
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/jcs/commons-jcs-site-2.1.tar.gz
> (r18146).
>
> Please review the release candidate and vote.
>
>  [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>  [ ] +0 OK, but...
>  [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>  [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>
> Bye, Thomas
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons JCS 2.1 based on RC1

Thomas Vandahl
In reply to this post by Oliver Heger-3
Hi Oliver,

On 07.02.17 21:42, Oliver Heger wrote:
> I noticed that OSGi manifests of jars use the same symbolic bundle name,
> e.g. for commons-jcs-core-2.1.jar and
> commons-jcs-jcache-openjpa-2.1.jar. This is likely to cause problems in
> an OSGi container.

Thanks for the hint. I didn't know this. I'll see to get this fixed for
the next release.

Bye, Thomas


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Commons JCS 2.1 based on RC1

Thomas Vandahl
In reply to this post by Thomas Vandahl
On 05.02.17 18:24, Thomas Vandahl wrote:
> I would like to release the [jcs] component to resolve some bugs
>
> Apache Commons JCS 2.1 RC1 is available for review at:
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/jcs/ (r18146).

Time to wrap up. The following votes were cast (in order of appearance):

Gary Gregory: +1
Romain Manni-Bucau: +1 (non binding)
Thomas Vandahl: +1
Oliver Heger: +1
Rob Tompkins: +1

The vote has passed. Thanks to all the voters!

I'll proceed with the release procedure.

Bye, Thomas.




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]