[VOTE] Release Apache Commons Lang 3.4 based on RC2

[VOTE] Release Apache Commons Lang 3.4 based on RC2

Benedikt Ritter-4
Hi all,

We've worked through the issues identified in Commons Lang 3.4 RC1, so I
would like to call a vote for releasing Commons Lang 3.4 based on RC2.

The changes since RC1 are:
- Fixed TimeZone related problem in test cases
- Fixed broken windows OS detection in SystemUtils
- Added OS X support to SystemUtils
- Fixed Ant build
- Added compatibility section to release notes explaining the change to the
org.apache.commons.lang3.time.DurationFormatUtils.ISO_EXTENDED_FORMAT_PATTERN
constant

Commons Lang 3.4 RC2 is available for review here:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/lang/ (svn revision 8515)

Maven artifacts are here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1086/org/apache/commons/commons-lang3/3.4/

Details of changes since 3.3.2 are in the release notes:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/lang/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
  http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC2/changes-report.html

I have tested this with JDK 1.6, 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9 EA using maven 3. Note
that the site build doesn't work with Java 8 and 9 due to problems with
Clirr (clirr doesn't work with Java 8+).

The tag is here:
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/lang/tags/LANG_3_4_RC2/ (svn
1671054)

Site:
  http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC2/
  (note some *relative* links are broken and the 3.4 directories are not
yet created - these will be OK once the site is deployed)

Clirr Report (compared to 3.3.2):
  http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC2/clirr-report.html

RAT Report:
  http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC2/rat-report.html

KEYS:
  https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS

Please review the release candidate and vote. This vote will close no
sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after 15:00 CET 06-April 2015

[ ] +1 Release these artifacts
[ ] +0 OK, but...
[ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
[ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

Thanks!

http://people.apache.org/~britter/
http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
http://github.com/britter

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Lang 3.4 based on RC2

Bruno P. Kinoshita
+1 non-binding.
 Build works fine from tag with the following environment:

Apache Maven 3.2.5 (12a6b3acb947671f09b81f49094c53f426d8cea1; 2014-12-14T15:29:23-02:00)
Maven home: /opt/apache-maven-3.2.5
Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle/jre
OS name: "linux", version: "3.16.0-33-generic", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"
Kudos for fixing that time zone issue! :)
Bruno

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Lang 3.4 based on RC2

Sergio Fernández
+1 (non-binding)

So far I've checked: signatures and digests. source release file layout,
matched tags and commit ids, NOTICE and LICENSE files, build sources in a
clean environment (maven 3.0.5, jdks 7u71-2.5.3 and 8.0_25, under debian
64bits)

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager
e: [hidden email]
w: http://redlink.co

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Lang 3.4 based on RC2

Duncan Jones-3
+0 (non-binding)

Built from zipped sources, digests look fine. JDK 1.8.0_40 on Win 8.1.
(Site build fails as mentioned already).
Site builds fine from JDK 1.7.0_75. For me the FindBugs page is blank,
not sure if that's to be expected?

97 skipped tests seems a little high (think this was mentioned on the
previous vote). FastDateParserSDFTest has 92 of them, although looking
at the source I see there are two @Ignore-ed tests (and 46 parameter
values), which explains it. I'd prefer we remove those tests (or
comment them out), but it's not a big problem.

Thanks for taking the effort to be RM, again.

Duncan

On 4 April 2015 at 09:12, Sergio Fernández <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> Sergio Fernández
> Partner Technology Manager
> Redlink GmbH
> m: +43 6602747925
> e: [hidden email]
> w: http://redlink.co

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Lang 3.4 based on RC2

> +0 (non-binding)
>
> Built from zipped sources, digests look fine. JDK 1.8.0_40 on Win 8.1.
> (Site build fails as mentioned already).
> Site builds fine from JDK 1.7.0_75. For me the FindBugs page is blank,
> not sure if that's to be expected?
>
> 97 skipped tests seems a little high (think this was mentioned on the
> previous vote). FastDateParserSDFTest has 92 of them, although looking
> at the source I see there are two @Ignore-ed tests (and 46 parameter
> values), which explains it. I'd prefer we remove those tests (or
> comment them out), but it's not a big problem.

Sorry, I forgot to mention in the vote mail, that I've also investigated
this issue. I've already created a JIRA issue for fixing this [1] and it
looks like Charles already started working on it.

Benedikt

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-1107

> [...]
> >> Clirr (clirr doesn't work with Java 8+).
> >>
> >> The tag is here:
> >>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/lang/tags/LANG_3_4_RC2/
> >> (svn
> >> 1671054)
> >>
> >> Site:
> >>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC2/
> >>   (note some *relative* links are broken and the 3.4 directories are not
> >> yet created - these will be OK once the site is deployed)
> >>
> >> Clirr Report (compared to 3.3.2):
> >>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC2/clirr-report.html
> >>
> >> RAT Report:
> >>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC2/rat-report.html
> >>
> >> KEYS:
> >>   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
> >>
> >> Please review the release candidate and vote. This vote will close no
> >> sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after 15:00 CET 06-April 2015

http://github.com/britter

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Lang 3.4 based on RC2

Oliver Heger-3
Maven and ant builds are now successful on Windows 8.1 with Java 1.6 and
1.7. Artifacts and site look good.

+1

Thanks, Benedikt!

Oliver

Am 03.04.2015 um 14:56 schrieb Benedikt Ritter:

> Hi all,
>
> We've worked through the issues identified in Commons Lang 3.4 RC1, so I
> would like to call a vote for releasing Commons Lang 3.4 based on RC2.
>
> The changes since RC1 are:
> - Fixed TimeZone related problem in test cases
> - Fixed broken windows OS detection in SystemUtils
> - Added OS X support to SystemUtils
> - Fixed Ant build
> - Added compatibility section to release notes explaining the change to the
> org.apache.commons.lang3.time.DurationFormatUtils.ISO_EXTENDED_FORMAT_PATTERN
> constant
>
> Commons Lang 3.4 RC2 is available for review here:
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/lang/ (svn revision 8515)
>
> Maven artifacts are here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1086/org/apache/commons/commons-lang3/3.4/
>

> Details of changes since 3.3.2 are in the release notes:
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/lang/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC2/changes-report.html
>
> I have tested this with JDK 1.6, 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9 EA using maven 3. Note
> that the site build doesn't work with Java 8 and 9 due to problems with
> Clirr (clirr doesn't work with Java 8+).
>
> The tag is here:
>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/lang/tags/LANG_3_4_RC2/ (svn
> 1671054)
>
> Site:
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC2/
>   (note some *relative* links are broken and the 3.4 directories are not
> yet created - these will be OK once the site is deployed)
>
> Clirr Report (compared to 3.3.2):
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC2/clirr-report.html
>
> RAT Report:
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC2/rat-report.html
>
> KEYS:
>   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>
> Please review the release candidate and vote. This vote will close no
> sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after 15:00 CET 06-April 2015
>
> [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
> [ ] +0 OK, but...
> [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
> [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>
> Thanks!
>
> Benedikt

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Lang 3.4 based on RC2

Charles Honton
I have changes which will get tests to pass. Any preference to whether they should be added to 3.4 or 3.5?

Chas

> On Apr 4, 2015, at 5:01 AM, Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> +0 (non-binding)
>>
>> Built from zipped sources, digests look fine. JDK 1.8.0_40 on Win 8.1.
>> (Site build fails as mentioned already).
>> Site builds fine from JDK 1.7.0_75. For me the FindBugs page is blank,
>> not sure if that's to be expected?
>>
>> 97 skipped tests seems a little high (think this was mentioned on the
>> previous vote). FastDateParserSDFTest has 92 of them, although looking
>> at the source I see there are two @Ignore-ed tests (and 46 parameter
>> values), which explains it. I'd prefer we remove those tests (or
>> comment them out), but it's not a big problem.
>
> Sorry, I forgot to mention in the vote mail, that I've also investigated
> this issue. I've already created a JIRA issue for fixing this [1] and it
> looks like Charles already started working on it.
>
> Benedikt
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-1107
>

>> Thanks for taking the effort to be RM, again.
>>
>> Duncan
>>

>>> On 4 April 2015 at 09:12, Sergio Fernández <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> +1 (non-binding)
>>>
>>> So far I've checked: signatures and digests. source release file layout,
>>> matched tags and commit ids, NOTICE and LICENSE files, build sources in a
>>> clean environment (maven 3.0.5, jdks 7u71-2.5.3 and 8.0_25, under debian
>>> 64bits)

>> the
>> org.apache.commons.lang3.time.DurationFormatUtils.ISO_EXTENDED_FORMAT_PATTERN

>> 8515)

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1086/org/apache/commons/commons-lang3/3.4/

>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/lang/tags/LANG_3_4_RC2/

>>> --
>>> Sergio Fernández
>>> Partner Technology Manager
>>> Redlink GmbH
>>> m: +43 6602747925
>>> e: [hidden email]
>>> w: http://redlink.co

> http://people.apache.org/~britter/
> http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
> http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
> http://github.com/britter

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Lang 3.4 based on RC2

Benedikt Ritter-3
It looks like 3.4 is about to be released, so your changes should go to 3.5 :-)

B.

Send from my mobile device

> Am 04.04.2015 um 20:42 schrieb Chas Honton <[hidden email]>:
>
> I have changes which will get tests to pass. Any preference to whether they should be added to 3.4 or 3.5?
>
> Chas
>
>> On Apr 4, 2015, at 5:01 AM, Benedikt Ritter <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> +0 (non-binding)
>>>
>>> Built from zipped sources, digests look fine. JDK 1.8.0_40 on Win 8.1.
>>> (Site build fails as mentioned already).
>>> Site builds fine from JDK 1.7.0_75. For me the FindBugs page is blank,
>>> not sure if that's to be expected?
>>>
>>> 97 skipped tests seems a little high (think this was mentioned on the
>>> previous vote). FastDateParserSDFTest has 92 of them, although looking
>>> at the source I see there are two @Ignore-ed tests (and 46 parameter
>>> values), which explains it. I'd prefer we remove those tests (or
>>> comment them out), but it's not a big problem.
>>
>> Sorry, I forgot to mention in the vote mail, that I've also investigated
>> this issue. I've already created a JIRA issue for fixing this [1] and it
>> looks like Charles already started working on it.
>>
>> Benedikt
>>
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-1107
>>

>>> Thanks for taking the effort to be RM, again.
>>>
>>> Duncan

>>> the
>>> org.apache.commons.lang3.time.DurationFormatUtils.ISO_EXTENDED_FORMAT_PATTERN

>>> 8515)

>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1086/org/apache/commons/commons-lang3/3.4/

>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/lang/tags/LANG_3_4_RC2/

>> --
>> http://people.apache.org/~britter/
>> http://www.systemoutprintln.de/
>> http://twitter.com/BenediktRitter
>> http://github.com/britter

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Lang 3.4 based on RC2

Site builds OK from src zip. MD5, ASC OK. Clirr, RAT and other reports OK,
no showstoppers.

Tested with:

Apache Maven 3.2.5 (12a6b3acb947671f09b81f49094c53f426d8cea1;
2014-12-14T09:29:23-08:00)
Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.2.5
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_75\jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"

Does not build with Maven 3.3.1, as was with RC1 (a "known" problem).

Gary

--
E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Lang 3.4 based on RC2

Jörg Schaible

+1, builds from source with my compiler zoo

Benedikt Ritter wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We've worked through the issues identified in Commons Lang 3.4 RC1, so I
> would like to call a vote for releasing Commons Lang 3.4 based on RC2.
>
> The changes since RC1 are:
> - Fixed TimeZone related problem in test cases
> - Fixed broken windows OS detection in SystemUtils
> - Added OS X support to SystemUtils
> - Fixed Ant build
> - Added compatibility section to release notes explaining the change to
> the

org.apache.commons.lang3.time.DurationFormatUtils.ISO_EXTENDED_FORMAT_PATTERN
> constant
>
> Commons Lang 3.4 RC2 is available for review here:
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/lang/ (svn revision 8515)
>
> Maven artifacts are here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1086/org/apache/commons/commons-lang3/3.4/

> Details of changes since 3.3.2 are in the release notes:
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/lang/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC2/changes-report.html
>
> I have tested this with JDK 1.6, 1.7, 1.8 and 1.9 EA using maven 3. Note
> that the site build doesn't work with Java 8 and 9 due to problems with
> Clirr (clirr doesn't work with Java 8+).
>
> The tag is here:
>   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/lang/tags/LANG_3_4_RC2/
>   (svn
> 1671054)
>
> Site:
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC2/
>   (note some *relative* links are broken and the 3.4 directories are not
> yet created - these will be OK once the site is deployed)
>
> Clirr Report (compared to 3.3.2):
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC2/clirr-report.html
>
> RAT Report:
>   http://people.apache.org/~britter/lang-3.4-RC2/rat-report.html
>
> KEYS:
>   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>
> Please review the release candidate and vote. This vote will close no
> sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after 15:00 CET 06-April 2015
>
> [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
> [ ] +0 OK, but...
> [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
> [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>
> Thanks!
>
> Benedikt

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Commons Lang 3.4 based on RC2

My +1 FTR