[VOTE] Release BCEL 6.0 based on RC1

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[VOTE] Release BCEL 6.0 based on RC1

Emmanuel Bourg-3
Hi all,

The first release candidate of BCEL is ready to pass under your scrutiny.

Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/bcel/tags/BCEL_6_0_RC1/
(r1621539)

Release notes:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/bcel/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

Distribution files:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/bcel/

Site:
http://people.apache.org/~ebourg/bcel/site/

Javadoc:
http://people.apache.org/~ebourg/bcel/site/apidocs/

Maven artifacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1044/org/apache/bcel/bcel/6.0/


Please review the release candidate and vote.
This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now.

  [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
  [ ] +0 OK, but...
  [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
  [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

Thank you for your reviews,

Emmanuel Bourg


signature.asc (851 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release BCEL 6.0 based on RC1

sebb-2-2
On 19 September 2014 00:14, Emmanuel Bourg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The first release candidate of BCEL is ready to pass under your scrutiny.
>
> Tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/bcel/tags/BCEL_6_0_RC1/
> (r1621539)
>
> Release notes:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/bcel/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>
> Distribution files:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/bcel/

I assume that is Revision 6553 ?

[Either the rev or hashes are needed in the vote e-mail so the final
released artifacts can be traced back to the vote if necessary]

Also the KEYS file needs to be in the e-mail; I assume it is:

http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/bcel/KEYS

> Site:
> http://people.apache.org/~ebourg/bcel/site/
>
> Javadoc:
> http://people.apache.org/~ebourg/bcel/site/apidocs/
>
> Maven artifacts:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1044/org/apache/bcel/bcel/6.0/
>
>
> Please review the release candidate and vote.
> This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now.
>
>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>
> Thank you for your reviews,
>
> Emmanuel Bourg
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release BCEL 6.0 based on RC1

Emmanuel Bourg-3
Le 19/09/2014 02:44, sebb a écrit :

> [Either the rev or hashes are needed in the vote e-mail so the final
> released artifacts can be traced back to the vote if necessary]

Can we keep the release process simple please? The last time we
discussed the process we wanted to simplify it, but it seems we actually
managed to make it more complicated :(


> Also the KEYS file needs to be in the e-mail; I assume it is:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/bcel/KEYS

My key is in the commons KEYS file as usual:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/commons/KEYS

Emmanuel Bourg


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release BCEL 6.0 based on RC1

sebb-2-2
On 19 September 2014 07:01, Emmanuel Bourg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Le 19/09/2014 02:44, sebb a écrit :
>
>> [Either the rev or hashes are needed in the vote e-mail so the final
>> released artifacts can be traced back to the vote if necessary]
>
> Can we keep the release process simple please? The last time we
> discussed the process we wanted to simplify it, but it seems we actually
> managed to make it more complicated :(

This does not complicate the process.
It merely adds essential information to the vote email to ensure
proper traceability of the release artifacts.

>
>> Also the KEYS file needs to be in the e-mail; I assume it is:
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/bcel/KEYS
>
> My key is in the commons KEYS file as usual:
>
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/commons/KEYS

However I see now that the one which is published to downloaders is

http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS

so that should be the one in the email.

It looks like the BCEL KEYS file is not used.
I will merge it with the shared commons one and remove it

> Emmanuel Bourg
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release BCEL 6.0 based on RC1

Dave Brosius-2
In reply to this post by sebb-2-2
+1
On 09/18/2014 08:44 PM, sebb wrote:

> On 19 September 2014 00:14, Emmanuel Bourg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> The first release candidate of BCEL is ready to pass under your scrutiny.
>>
>> Tag:
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/bcel/tags/BCEL_6_0_RC1/
>> (r1621539)
>>
>> Release notes:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/bcel/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>>
>> Distribution files:
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/bcel/
> I assume that is Revision 6553 ?
>
> [Either the rev or hashes are needed in the vote e-mail so the final
> released artifacts can be traced back to the vote if necessary]
>
> Also the KEYS file needs to be in the e-mail; I assume it is:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/bcel/KEYS
>
>> Site:
>> http://people.apache.org/~ebourg/bcel/site/
>>
>> Javadoc:
>> http://people.apache.org/~ebourg/bcel/site/apidocs/
>>
>> Maven artifacts:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1044/org/apache/bcel/bcel/6.0/
>>
>>
>> Please review the release candidate and vote.
>> This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now.
>>
>>    [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>>    [ ] +0 OK, but...
>>    [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>>    [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>>
>> Thank you for your reviews,
>>
>> Emmanuel Bourg
>>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release BCEL 6.0 based on RC1

sebb-2-2
In reply to this post by Emmanuel Bourg-3
On 19 September 2014 00:14, Emmanuel Bourg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The first release candidate of BCEL is ready to pass under your scrutiny.
>
> Tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/bcel/tags/BCEL_6_0_RC1/
> (r1621539)
>
> Release notes:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/bcel/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>
> Distribution files:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/bcel/

The directory is normally called source/ not sources/
Please rename

The source archive does not agree with SVN, as it is missing several files:

LICENSE-header.txt
checkstyle.xml
docs/verifier/chap1.bmp
docs/verifier/chap1.eps

etc.

> Site:
> http://people.apache.org/~ebourg/bcel/site/

Clirr reports several incompatibilities
However these have been documented in the release notes and should
only affect source builds (so not a blocker)

Findbugs reports lots of errors (not blocking)

> Javadoc:
> http://people.apache.org/~ebourg/bcel/site/apidocs/
>
> Maven artifacts:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1044/org/apache/bcel/bcel/6.0/
>
>
> Please review the release candidate and vote.
> This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now.
>
>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>   [X] -1 I oppose this release because...

Files missing from the source archives

>
> Thank you for your reviews,
>
> Emmanuel Bourg
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release BCEL 6.0 based on RC1

Emmanuel Bourg-3
Le 19/09/2014 17:24, sebb a écrit :

> The source archive does not agree with SVN, as it is missing several files:
>
> LICENSE-header.txt
> checkstyle.xml
> docs/verifier/chap1.bmp
> docs/verifier/chap1.eps

Thank you for the review sebb. These files are not required to build the
code, so I think it's fine it they are missing from the source archive.
Also note they weren't in the source archive of the previous release, so
this isn't a regression.

Emmanuel Bourg


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release BCEL 6.0 based on RC1

sebb-2-2
On 19 September 2014 18:05, Emmanuel Bourg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Le 19/09/2014 17:24, sebb a écrit :
>
>> The source archive does not agree with SVN, as it is missing several files:

That should have read: "missing several files, including:"

>>
>> LICENSE-header.txt
>> checkstyle.xml
>> docs/verifier/chap1.bmp
>> docs/verifier/chap1.eps

Actually, it is missing all the docs/ files

And checkstyle.xml/pmd.xml are needed to build the site.

> Thank you for the review sebb. These files are not required to build the
> code, so I think it's fine it they are missing from the source archive.

> Also note they weren't in the source archive of the previous release, so
> this isn't a regression.

That just means the problem was missed before.

> Emmanuel Bourg
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release BCEL 6.0 based on RC1

Torsten Curdt-3
In reply to this post by sebb-2-2
>
>
> > Please review the release candidate and vote.
> > This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now.
> >
> >   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
> >   [ ] +0 OK, but...
> >   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
> >   [X] -1 I oppose this release because...
>
>
What is referenced in the pom should also be in the source archive.
Part of the site is in french (at least the findbugs report) and should be
english instead.

cheers,
Torsten
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release BCEL 6.0 based on RC1

garydgregory
-1 for the missing files from the source archives and the French mix up in
the FB report.

The language in the FindBugs reports can be configured in the plugin config
IIRC. I've seen that done recently but can't recall which project.

Can we do that from commons-parent?

Gary

On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 7:15 AM, Torsten Curdt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> >
> >
> > > Please review the release candidate and vote.
> > > This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now.
> > >
> > >   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
> > >   [ ] +0 OK, but...
> > >   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
> > >   [X] -1 I oppose this release because...
> >
> >
> What is referenced in the pom should also be in the source archive.
> Part of the site is in french (at least the findbugs report) and should be
> english instead.
>
> cheers,
> Torsten
>



--
E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition
<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
JUnit in Action, Second Edition <http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/>
Spring Batch in Action <http://www.manning.com/templier/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release BCEL 6.0 based on RC1

Emmanuel Bourg-3
Le 20/09/2014 14:28, Gary Gregory a écrit :

> The language in the FindBugs reports can be configured in the plugin config
> IIRC. I've seen that done recently but can't recall which project.
>
> Can we do that from commons-parent?

Good idea but how do you do that? I see nothing to configure the locale
in the settings of the findbugs-maven-plugin:

http://mojo.codehaus.org/findbugs-maven-plugin/findbugs-mojo.html
http://mojo.codehaus.org/findbugs-maven-plugin/check-mojo.html

Emmanuel Bourg


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release BCEL 6.0 based on RC1

garydgregory
I see this in Log4j 2:

      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>findbugs-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>${findbugs.plugin.version}</version>
        <configuration>
          <fork>true</fork>
          <jvmArgs>-Duser.language=en</jvmArgs>
          <threshold>Normal</threshold>
          <effort>Default</effort>

<excludeFilterFile>${log4jParentDir}/findbugs-exclude-filter.xml</excludeFilterFile>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

Gary

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Emmanuel Bourg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Le 20/09/2014 14:28, Gary Gregory a écrit :
>
> > The language in the FindBugs reports can be configured in the plugin
> config
> > IIRC. I've seen that done recently but can't recall which project.
> >
> > Can we do that from commons-parent?
>
> Good idea but how do you do that? I see nothing to configure the locale
> in the settings of the findbugs-maven-plugin:
>
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/findbugs-maven-plugin/findbugs-mojo.html
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/findbugs-maven-plugin/check-mojo.html
>
> Emmanuel Bourg
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>
>


--
E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition
<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
JUnit in Action, Second Edition <http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/>
Spring Batch in Action <http://www.manning.com/templier/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [VOTE] Release BCEL 6.0 based on RC1

Emmanuel Bourg-3
Thank you Gary, I confirm it works.

Emmanuel


Le 26/09/2014 21:27, Gary Gregory a écrit :

> I see this in Log4j 2:
>
>       <plugin>
>         <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>         <artifactId>findbugs-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>         <version>${findbugs.plugin.version}</version>
>         <configuration>
>           <fork>true</fork>
>           <jvmArgs>-Duser.language=en</jvmArgs>
>           <threshold>Normal</threshold>
>           <effort>Default</effort>
>
> <excludeFilterFile>${log4jParentDir}/findbugs-exclude-filter.xml</excludeFilterFile>
>         </configuration>
>       </plugin>
>
> Gary


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]