[VOTE] Release commons-io 2.5 based on RC4

[VOTE] Release commons-io 2.5 based on RC4

Benson Margulies-2
Commons-io 2.5 is offered for a release vote.

Commons-io 2.5 RC4 materials are available for review here:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/io/ (svn revision 13247)

  Maven artifacts are here:
    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1174/org/apache/commons/commons-io/2.5
  Details of changes since 2.4 are in the release notes:
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310477&version=12322486

  I have tested this with JDK 1.6 using maven 3.0.4.

  The tag is here:
    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/foo/tags/commons-io-2.5-RC4/
(1739100)
  N.B. the SVN revision is required because SVN tags are not immutable.

  Site:
    http://people.apache.org/~bimargules/commons-io-2.5-RC4/
  (note some *relative* links are broken and the 1.2 directories are
  not yet created - these will be OK once the site is deployed)

  Clirr Report (compared to 1.1):
    http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/clirr-report.html

  RAT Report:
    http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/rat-report.html

  KEYS:
  https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS

  Please review the release candidate and vote.
  This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after
0400 GMT 31-March 2010

  [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
  [ ] +0 OK, but...
  [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
  [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...

  Thanks!

benson

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-io 2.5 based on RC4

garydgregory
The Clirr report is wrong, it should compare to 2.4. One cannot assess if
we broke BC from this report.

Gary

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 8:41 AM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Commons-io 2.5 is offered for a release vote.
>
> Commons-io 2.5 RC4 materials are available for review here:
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/io/ (svn revision
> 13247)
>
>   Maven artifacts are here:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1174/org/apache/commons/commons-io/2.5
>   Details of changes since 2.4 are in the release notes:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310477&version=12322486
>
>   I have tested this with JDK 1.6 using maven 3.0.4.
>
>   The tag is here:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/foo/tags/commons-io-2.5-RC4/
> (1739100)
>   N.B. the SVN revision is required because SVN tags are not immutable.
>
>   Site:
>     http://people.apache.org/~bimargules/commons-io-2.5-RC4/
>   (note some *relative* links are broken and the 1.2 directories are
>   not yet created - these will be OK once the site is deployed)
>
>   Clirr Report (compared to 1.1):
>
> http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/clirr-report.html
>
>   RAT Report:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/rat-report.html
>
>   KEYS:
>   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>
>   Please review the release candidate and vote.
>   This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after
> 0400 GMT 31-March 2010
>
>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>
>   Thanks!
>
> benson

E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-io 2.5 based on RC4

Did you did not copy the whole site? Checkstyle links are broken.

For example on page
http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/checkstyle.html
the link to line 313 is broken:
http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/xref/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/io/output/WriterOutputStream.html#L313

Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-io 2.5 based on RC4

Hm, we might also have Checkstyle misconfigured since it complains
about "Missing
a Javadoc comment." on a private method. That seems a bit much IMO.

Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-io 2.5 based on RC4

Benson Margulies
1. I copied the entire site, using the mirror -R command of lftp. I
guess I'll try harder after we sort out CLIRR.

2. Can you tell me how to fix the clirr report? I don't see any CLIRR
config in the pom that seems relevant to the problem at hand. The
clirr config in the parent pom does not consume a property, for
example, to say what to compare to.

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 12:04 PM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hm, we might also have Checkstyle misconfigured since it complains
> about "Missing
> a Javadoc comment." on a private method. That seems a bit much IMO.

presumably that's not something new that need to be fixed for 2.5.

> Gary
>
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 8:41 AM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Commons-io 2.5 is offered for a release vote.
>>
>> Commons-io 2.5 RC4 materials are available for review here:
>>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/io/ (svn revision
>> 13247)
>>
>>   Maven artifacts are here:
>>
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1174/org/apache/commons/commons-io/2.5
>>   Details of changes since 2.4 are in the release notes:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310477&version=12322486
>>
>>   I have tested this with JDK 1.6 using maven 3.0.4.
>>
>>   The tag is here:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/foo/tags/commons-io-2.5-RC4/
>> (1739100)
>>   N.B. the SVN revision is required because SVN tags are not immutable.
>>
>>   Site:
>>     http://people.apache.org/~bimargules/commons-io-2.5-RC4/
>>   (note some *relative* links are broken and the 1.2 directories are
>>   not yet created - these will be OK once the site is deployed)
>>
>>   Clirr Report (compared to 1.1):
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/clirr-report.html
>>
>>   RAT Report:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/rat-report.html
>>
>>   KEYS:
>>   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>>
>>   Please review the release candidate and vote.
>>   This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after
>> 0400 GMT 31-March 2010
>>
>>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>>   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>>
>>   Thanks!
>>
>> benson

> <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
> Home: http://garygregory.com/
> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-io 2.5 based on RC4

garydgregory
On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 9:23 AM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 12:04 PM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > Hm, we might also have Checkstyle misconfigured since it complains
> > about "Missing
> > a Javadoc comment." on a private method. That seems a bit much IMO.
>
> presumably that's not something new that need to be fixed for 2.5.

Agreed. I fixed the other Checkstyle, not a show-stopper either.

Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-io 2.5 based on RC4

Benson Margulies
I think I know what happened to CLIRR.

I'll push new staged doc soon.

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 12:44 PM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 9:23 AM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 12:04 PM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Hm, we might also have Checkstyle misconfigured since it complains
>> > about "Missing
>> > a Javadoc comment." on a private method. That seems a bit much IMO.
>>
>> presumably that's not something new that need to be fixed for 2.5.
>>

> Agreed. I fixed the other Checkstyle, not a show-stopper either.
>
> Gary
>

>> > Gary
>> >
>> > On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 8:41 AM, Benson Margulies <
>> [hidden email]>

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1174/org/apache/commons/commons-io/2.5
>> >>

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310477&version=12322486

>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/foo/tags/commons-io-2.5-RC4/

>> http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/clirr-report.html

>> http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/rat-report.html

>> > --
>> > E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
>> > Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition
>> > <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
>> > JUnit in Action, Second Edition <http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/>
>> > Spring Batch in Action <http://www.manning.com/templier/>
>> > Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
>> > Home: http://garygregory.com/
>> > Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

> <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
> Home: http://garygregory.com/
> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-io 2.5 based on RC4

Benson Margulies
I've put up repaired doc.

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think I know what happened to CLIRR.
>
> I'll push new staged doc soon.
>

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 12:44 PM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 9:23 AM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:

>>> presumably that's not something new that need to be fixed for 2.5.
>>>

>> Agreed. I fixed the other Checkstyle, not a show-stopper either.
>>
>> Gary

>>> [hidden email]>

>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1174/org/apache/commons/commons-io/2.5
>>> >>

>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310477&version=12322486

>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/foo/tags/commons-io-2.5-RC4/

>>> http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/clirr-report.html

>>> http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/rat-report.html

>> --
>> E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
>> <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
>> Home: http://garygregory.com/

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-io 2.5 based on RC4

garydgregory
Yep, Clirr report looks good. Thank you for addressing this so quickly! :-)

Gary

Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-io 2.5 based on RC4

MD5, SHA1, ASC OK.

The site does not build on Java 7 and 8 due to a known issue with Maven
3.3.9 and maven-site-plugin and SLF4J (everybody should switch to Log4j 2
IMO).

Tested OK with: 'mvn clean site' on Maven 3.0.5 and:

Apache Maven 3.0.5 (r01de14724cdef164cd33c7c8c2fe155faf9602da; 2013-02-19
05:51:28-0800)
Maven home: E:\Java\apache-maven-3.0.5
Java version: 1.6.0_45, vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
Java home: E:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_45\jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 7", version: "6.1", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"

Apache Maven 3.0.5 (r01de14724cdef164cd33c7c8c2fe155faf9602da; 2013-02-19
05:51:28-0800)
Maven home: E:\Java\apache-maven-3.0.5
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_79\jre

Home: http://garygregory.com/

On 14 April 2016 at 16:41, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Commons-io 2.5 is offered for a release vote.
>
> Commons-io 2.5 RC4 materials are available for review here:
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/io/ (svn revision 13247)
>
>   Maven artifacts are here:
>     https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1174/org/apache/commons/commons-io/2.5
>   Details of changes since 2.4 are in the release notes:
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310477&version=12322486
>
>   I have tested this with JDK 1.6 using maven 3.0.4.
>
>   The tag is here:
>     http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/foo/tags/commons-io-2.5-RC4/
> (1739100)
>   N.B. the SVN revision is required because SVN tags are not immutable.

The URL is wrong; it should be

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/io/tags/commons-io-2.5-RC4/

>   Site:
>     http://people.apache.org/~bimargules/commons-io-2.5-RC4/
>   (note some *relative* links are broken and the 1.2 directories are
>   not yet created - these will be OK once the site is deployed)
>
>   Clirr Report (compared to 1.1):
>     http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/clirr-report.html
>
>   RAT Report:
>     http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/rat-report.html
>
>   KEYS:
>   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>
>   Please review the release candidate and vote.
>   This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after
> 0400 GMT 31-March 2010
>
>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>
>   Thanks!
>
> benson

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-io 2.5 based on RC4

sebb-2-2
The CONTRIBUTING.md and README.md files are present in the tag, but
are missing from the source archive.

Since they are intended mainly for GitHub - and they are generated -
that's not a blocker.
But it might make checking future releases easier if the files were included.

On 14 April 2016 at 22:53, sebb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 14 April 2016 at 16:41, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Commons-io 2.5 is offered for a release vote.
>>
>> Commons-io 2.5 RC4 materials are available for review here:
>>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/io/ (svn revision 13247)
>>
>>   Maven artifacts are here:
>>     https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1174/org/apache/commons/commons-io/2.5
>>   Details of changes since 2.4 are in the release notes:
>>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310477&version=12322486
>>
>>   I have tested this with JDK 1.6 using maven 3.0.4.
>>
>>   The tag is here:
>>     http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/foo/tags/commons-io-2.5-RC4/
>> (1739100)
>>   N.B. the SVN revision is required because SVN tags are not immutable.
>
> The URL is wrong; it should be
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/io/tags/commons-io-2.5-RC4/
>
>>   Site:
>>     http://people.apache.org/~bimargules/commons-io-2.5-RC4/
>>   (note some *relative* links are broken and the 1.2 directories are
>>   not yet created - these will be OK once the site is deployed)
>>
>>   Clirr Report (compared to 1.1):
>>     http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/clirr-report.html
>>
>>   RAT Report:
>>     http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/rat-report.html
>>
>>   KEYS:
>>   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>>
>>   Please review the release candidate and vote.
>>   This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after
>> 0400 GMT 31-March 2010
>>
>>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>>   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>>
>>   Thanks!
>>
>> benson

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-io 2.5 based on RC4

On 14 April 2016 at 16:41, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Commons-io 2.5 is offered for a release vote.
>
> Commons-io 2.5 RC4 materials are available for review here:
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/io/ (svn revision 13247)
>
>   Maven artifacts are here:
>     https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1174/org/apache/commons/commons-io/2.5
>   Details of changes since 2.4 are in the release notes:
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310477&version=12322486
>
>   I have tested this with JDK 1.6 using maven 3.0.4.
>
>   The tag is here:
>     http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/foo/tags/commons-io-2.5-RC4/
> (1739100)
>   N.B. the SVN revision is required because SVN tags are not immutable.
>
>   Site:
>     http://people.apache.org/~bimargules/commons-io-2.5-RC4/

Cannot find the site.

The URL is mis-spelt (and the hostname is deprecated)

It should be

http://home.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/

>   (note some *relative* links are broken and the 1.2 directories are
>   not yet created - these will be OK once the site is deployed)
>
>   Clirr Report (compared to 1.1):
>     http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/clirr-report.html
>
>   RAT Report:
>     http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/rat-report.html
>
>   KEYS:
>   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>
>   Please review the release candidate and vote.
>   This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after
> 0400 GMT 31-March 2010
>
>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>
>   Thanks!
>
> benson

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-io 2.5 based on RC4

Oliver Heger-3
Hi Benson,

when checking the RC I get a pretty strange effect on downloading the
binaries from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/io/binaries/:

The browser shows me "dist - Revision 13260: /dev/commons/io/binaries".
However, the downloaded artifacts are obviously the ones from the
previous RC created by Kristian. So either my browser has a caching
issue or the binary artifacts have not correctly been uploaded to svn.
The source distributions are correct.

Can anybody double-check whether the problem is on my side?

Oliver

Am 14.04.2016 um 17:41 schrieb Benson Margulies:

> Commons-io 2.5 is offered for a release vote.
>
> Commons-io 2.5 RC4 materials are available for review here:
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/io/ (svn revision 13247)
>
>   Maven artifacts are here:
>     https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1174/org/apache/commons/commons-io/2.5
>   Details of changes since 2.4 are in the release notes:
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310477&version=12322486
>
>   I have tested this with JDK 1.6 using maven 3.0.4.
>
>   The tag is here:
>     http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/foo/tags/commons-io-2.5-RC4/
> (1739100)
>   N.B. the SVN revision is required because SVN tags are not immutable.
>
>   Site:
>     http://people.apache.org/~bimargules/commons-io-2.5-RC4/
>   (note some *relative* links are broken and the 1.2 directories are
>   not yet created - these will be OK once the site is deployed)
>
>   Clirr Report (compared to 1.1):
>     http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/clirr-report.html
>
>   RAT Report:
>     http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/rat-report.html
>
>   KEYS:
>   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>
>   Please review the release candidate and vote.
>   This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after
> 0400 GMT 31-March 2010
>
>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>
>   Thanks!
>
> benson

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-io 2.5 based on RC4

Benson Margulies
I missed the binaries. I will upload them.
On Apr 15, 2016 3:33 PM, "Oliver Heger" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Benson,
>
> when checking the RC I get a pretty strange effect on downloading the
> binaries from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/io/binaries/:
>
> The browser shows me "dist - Revision 13260: /dev/commons/io/binaries".
> However, the downloaded artifacts are obviously the ones from the
> previous RC created by Kristian. So either my browser has a caching
> issue or the binary artifacts have not correctly been uploaded to svn.
> The source distributions are correct.
>
> Can anybody double-check whether the problem is on my side?
>
> Oliver
>
> Am 14.04.2016 um 17:41 schrieb Benson Margulies:
> > Commons-io 2.5 is offered for a release vote.
> >
> > Commons-io 2.5 RC4 materials are available for review here:
> >     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/io/ (svn revision
> 13247)
> >
> >   Maven artifacts are here:
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1174/org/apache/commons/commons-io/2.5
> >   Details of changes since 2.4 are in the release notes:
> >
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310477&version=12322486
> >
> >   I have tested this with JDK 1.6 using maven 3.0.4.
> >
> >   The tag is here:
> >
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/foo/tags/commons-io-2.5-RC4/
> > (1739100)
> >   N.B. the SVN revision is required because SVN tags are not immutable.
> >
> >   Site:
> >     http://people.apache.org/~bimargules/commons-io-2.5-RC4/
> >   (note some *relative* links are broken and the 1.2 directories are
> >   not yet created - these will be OK once the site is deployed)
> >
> >   Clirr Report (compared to 1.1):
> >
> http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/clirr-report.html
> >
> >   RAT Report:
> >
> http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/rat-report.html
> >
> >   KEYS:
> >   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
> >
> >   Please review the release candidate and vote.
> >   This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after
> > 0400 GMT 31-March 2010
> >
> >   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
> >   [ ] +0 OK, but...
> >   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
> >   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
> >
> >   Thanks!
> >
> > benson

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-io 2.5 based on RC4

Benson Margulies
I've now corrected the binaries.

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 9:19 PM, sebb <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 14 April 2016 at 16:41, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Commons-io 2.5 is offered for a release vote.
>>
>> Commons-io 2.5 RC4 materials are available for review here:
>>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/io/ (svn revision 13247)
>>
>>   Maven artifacts are here:
>>     https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1174/org/apache/commons/commons-io/2.5
>>   Details of changes since 2.4 are in the release notes:
>>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310477&version=12322486
>>
>>   I have tested this with JDK 1.6 using maven 3.0.4.
>>
>>   The tag is here:
>>     http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/foo/tags/commons-io-2.5-RC4/
>> (1739100)
>>   N.B. the SVN revision is required because SVN tags are not immutable.
>>
>>   Site:
>>     http://people.apache.org/~bimargules/commons-io-2.5-RC4/
>
> Cannot find the site.
>
> The URL is mis-spelt (and the hostname is deprecated)
>
> It should be
>
> http://home.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/
>

>>   (note some *relative* links are broken and the 1.2 directories are
>>   not yet created - these will be OK once the site is deployed)
>>
>>   Clirr Report (compared to 1.1):
>>     http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/clirr-report.html
>>
>>   RAT Report:
>>     http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/rat-report.html
>>
>>   KEYS:
>>   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>>
>>   Please review the release candidate and vote.
>>   This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after
>> 0400 GMT 31-March 2010
>>
>>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>>   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>>
>>   Thanks!
>>
>> benson

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-io 2.5 based on RC4

Oliver Heger-3
Build works fine with Java 1.6 on Windows 10. Artifacts and site look good.

+1

Oliver

Am 14.04.2016 um 17:41 schrieb Benson Margulies:

> Commons-io 2.5 is offered for a release vote.
>
> Commons-io 2.5 RC4 materials are available for review here:
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/io/ (svn revision 13247)
>
>   Maven artifacts are here:
>     https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-1174/org/apache/commons/commons-io/2.5
>   Details of changes since 2.4 are in the release notes:
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310477&version=12322486
>
>   I have tested this with JDK 1.6 using maven 3.0.4.
>
>   The tag is here:
>     http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/foo/tags/commons-io-2.5-RC4/
> (1739100)
>   N.B. the SVN revision is required because SVN tags are not immutable.
>
>   Site:
>     http://people.apache.org/~bimargules/commons-io-2.5-RC4/
>   (note some *relative* links are broken and the 1.2 directories are
>   not yet created - these will be OK once the site is deployed)
>
>   Clirr Report (compared to 1.1):
>     http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/clirr-report.html
>
>   RAT Report:
>     http://people.apache.org/~bimargulies/commons-io-2.5-RC4/rat-report.html
>
>   KEYS:
>   https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS
>
>   Please review the release candidate and vote.
>   This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after
> 0400 GMT 31-March 2010
>
>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>
>   Thanks!
>
> benson

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-io 2.5 based on RC4

Jörg Schaible
What happened with this vote now?

Benson Margulies wrote:

> Commons-io 2.5 is offered for a release vote.

[snip]

>   Please review the release candidate and vote.
>   This vote will close no sooner that 72 hours from now, i.e. after
> 0400 GMT 31-March 2010

No chance to vote before this date ;-)

>   [ ] +1 Release these artifacts
>   [ ] +0 OK, but...
>   [ ] -0 OK, but really should fix...
>   [ ] -1 I oppose this release because...
>
>   Thanks!
>
> benson

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-io 2.5 based on RC4

Emmanuel Bourg-3
Le 14/04/2016 17:41, Benson Margulies a écrit :

>   [X] +1 Release these artifacts

Tested on Debian with OpenJDK 8. The API changes look ok.

Emmanuel Bourg