[VOTE] Release commons-parent pom

Dennis Lundberg-2
Hello

This is a new vote following up on the failed vote [1] that was held
previously.

As far as I can tell, all the issues that were raised in the earlier
vote has been addressed. So please cast your votes.

This vote will be open for 72 hours and I will tally the votes no
earlier than 19:00 GMT+1 on November 9th.

[ ] +1
[ ] =0
[ ] -1

[1]
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-dev/200610.mbox/%3c452E2DEB.4000609@...%3e

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-parent pom

jochen-2

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-parent pom

Dion Gillard-2
Got a link to the particular artifact we're voting on?

On 11/7/06, Dennis Lundberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> This is a new vote following up on the failed vote [1] that was held
> previously.
>
> As far as I can tell, all the issues that were raised in the earlier
> vote has been addressed. So please cast your votes.
>
> This vote will be open for 72 hours and I will tally the votes no
> earlier than 19:00 GMT+1 on November 9th.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] =0
> [ ] -1
>

> [1]
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-dev/200610.mbox/%3c452E2DEB.4000609@...%3e
>
> --
> Dennis Lundberg

Rule of Acquisition #91: Hear all, trust nothing.

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-parent pom

Dennis Lundberg-2
Sorry, that should of course have been in the original vote mail:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jakarta/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?revision=471805&view=markup

--
Dennis Lundberg

Dion Gillard wrote:

> Got a link to the particular artifact we're voting on?
>
> On 11/7/06, Dennis Lundberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> This is a new vote following up on the failed vote [1] that was held
>> previously.
>>
>> As far as I can tell, all the issues that were raised in the earlier
>> vote has been addressed. So please cast your votes.
>>
>> This vote will be open for 72 hours and I will tally the votes no
>> earlier than 19:00 GMT+1 on November 9th.
>>
>> [ ] +1
>> [ ] =0
>> [ ] -1
>>

>> [1]
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-dev/200610.mbox/%3c452E2DEB.4000609@...%3e
>>

>> --
>> Dennis Lundberg

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-parent pom

Dion Gillard-2
Looks good to me.

+1

On 11/7/06, Dennis Lundberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry, that should of course have been in the original vote mail:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jakarta/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?revision=471805&view=markup
>
> --
> Dennis Lundberg
>
> Dion Gillard wrote:
> > Got a link to the particular artifact we're voting on?
> >
> > On 11/7/06, Dennis Lundberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hello
> >>
> >> This is a new vote following up on the failed vote [1] that was held
> >> previously.
> >>
> >> As far as I can tell, all the issues that were raised in the earlier
> >> vote has been addressed. So please cast your votes.
> >>
> >> This vote will be open for 72 hours and I will tally the votes no
> >> earlier than 19:00 GMT+1 on November 9th.
> >>
> >> [ ] +1
> >> [ ] =0
> >> [ ] -1
> >>

> >> [1]
> >> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-dev/200610.mbox/%3c452E2DEB.4000609@...%3e
> >>

> >> --
> >> Dennis Lundberg

Rule of Acquisition #91: Hear all, trust nothing.

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-parent pom

Rahul Akolkar
On 11/6/06, Dennis Lundberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello
>
> This is a new vote following up on the failed vote [1] that was held
> previously.
>
> As far as I can tell, all the issues that were raised in the earlier
> vote has been addressed. So please cast your votes.

<snip/>

Comments / questions:

a) IMO it needs a ASLv2 header

b) Incorrect URL at ${pom.url} (we need to remove "proper/")

c) The svn log is confident [1] the antrun bit is needed due to a bug
in the source plugin, but subsequent conversations not so [2]. What is
it, IYO? Figure you're as good a resource for this question.

-Rahul

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=454001
[2] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=116100241004848&w=2
(see bottom of)

On 11/7/06, Rahul Akolkar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> a) IMO it needs a ASLv2 header

Ok, done. I also added the LICENSE.txt and NOTICE.txt files to the
commons-parent directory.

> b) Incorrect URL at ${pom.url} (we need to remove "proper/")

Can't follow you here.

> c) The svn log is confident [1] the antrun bit is needed due to a bug
> in the source plugin, but subsequent conversations not so [2]. What is
> it, IYO? Figure you're as good a resource for this question.

Sorry, but my english language parser (an ancient german model from
1963, so please bear with me) can't understand your question?

Jochen

P.S: I never experienced votes with so much considerations. Perhaps we
should hide the POM in a zip file and add thousands of .java files, so
that people don't look so much ... ;-)

murder, yes, but divorce, never.
(Jack Benny)

RE: [VOTE] Release commons-parent pom

Jörg Schaible-2

Dennis Lundberg wrote on Monday, November 06, 2006 6:48 PM:

> Hello
>
> This is a new vote following up on the failed vote [1] that was held
> previously.
>
> As far as I can tell, all the issues that were raised in the earlier
> vote has been addressed. So please cast your votes.
>
> This vote will be open for 72 hours and I will tally the votes no
> earlier than 19:00 GMT+1 on November 9th.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] =0
> [ ] -1
>

> [1]
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-dev/2
00610.mbox/%[hidden email]%3e

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-parent pom

Niall Pemberton
+1 from me (I assume the version number will be updated from
"1-SNAPSHOT" when you do the actual release).

Niall

On 11/6/06, Dennis Lundberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> This is a new vote following up on the failed vote [1] that was held
> previously.
>
> As far as I can tell, all the issues that were raised in the earlier
> vote has been addressed. So please cast your votes.
>
> This vote will be open for 72 hours and I will tally the votes no
> earlier than 19:00 GMT+1 on November 9th.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] =0
> [ ] -1
>

> [1]
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-dev/200610.mbox/%3c452E2DEB.4000609@...%3e

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-parent pom

Simon Kitching
On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 18:47 +0100, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> Hello
>
> This is a new vote following up on the failed vote [1] that was held
> previously.
>
> As far as I can tell, all the issues that were raised in the earlier
> vote has been addressed. So please cast your votes.
>
> This vote will be open for 72 hours and I will tally the votes no
> earlier than 19:00 GMT+1 on November 9th.

+1   (pmc member)

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 07:43 +0100, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> On 11/7/06, Rahul Akolkar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > c) The svn log is confident [1] the antrun bit is needed due to a bug
> > in the source plugin, but subsequent conversations not so [2]. What is
> > it, IYO? Figure you're as good a resource for this question.
>
> Sorry, but my english language parser (an ancient german model from
> 1963, so please bear with me) can't understand your question?

My reading of the email referred to at [2] is confirmation that the
antrun bit *is* needed.

> P.S: I never experienced votes with so much considerations. Perhaps we
> should hide the POM in a zip file and add thousands of .java files, so
> that people don't look so much ... ;-)

Releases of other projects have gone through quite a few cycles too.
It's just fortunate that in this case we don't need to build RC bundles
each time :-)

Rahul Akolkar wrote:

> On 11/6/06, Dennis Lundberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> This is a new vote following up on the failed vote [1] that was held
>> previously.
>>
>> As far as I can tell, all the issues that were raised in the earlier
>> vote has been addressed. So please cast your votes.
>>
> <snip/>
>
> Comments / questions:
>
> a) IMO it needs a ASLv2 header

This seems to have been fixed now.

> b) Incorrect URL at ${pom.url} (we need to remove "proper/")

I've taken care of this.

> c) The svn log is confident [1] the antrun bit is needed due to a bug
> in the source plugin, but subsequent conversations not so [2]. What is
> it, IYO? Figure you're as good a resource for this question.

My interpretation of the comments made in both [1] and [2] is that the
"antrun fix" is needed. I haven't used the source plugin myself, so I
can't verify this though.

> -Rahul
>
> [1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=454001
> [2]
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=116100241004848&w=2
> (see bottom of)
>

>> This vote will be open for 72 hours and I will tally the votes no
>> earlier than 19:00 GMT+1 on November 9th.
>>
>> [ ] +1
>> [ ] =0
>> [ ] -1
>>

>> [1]
>> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-dev/200610.mbox/%3c452E2DEB.4000609@...%3e
>>

>> --
>> Dennis Lundberg

Dennis Lundberg

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-parent pom

Rahul Akolkar
On 11/7/06, Dennis Lundberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Rahul Akolkar wrote:
<snip/>

> > a) IMO it needs a ASLv2 header
>
> This seems to have been fixed now.
>
> > b) Incorrect URL at ${pom.url} (we need to remove "proper/")
>
> I've taken care of this.
>
> > c) The svn log is confident [1] the antrun bit is needed due to a bug
> > in the source plugin, but subsequent conversations not so [2]. What is
> > it, IYO? Figure you're as good a resource for this question.
>
> My interpretation of the comments made in both [1] and [2] is that the
> "antrun fix" is needed. I haven't used the source plugin myself, so I
> can't verify this though.

<snap/>

Aha, a useful response. Thanks to you and Simon for your input on this.

<ballot>

> [X] +1
> [ ] =0
> [ ] -1

</ballot>

-Rahul

Re: [VOTE] Release commons-parent pom

Henri Yandell
On 11/6/06, Dennis Lundberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> This is a new vote following up on the failed vote [1] that was held
> previously.
>
> As far as I can tell, all the issues that were raised in the earlier
> vote has been addressed. So please cast your votes.
>
> This vote will be open for 72 hours and I will tally the votes no
> earlier than 19:00 GMT+1 on November 9th.
>
> [X] +1
> [ ] =0
> [ ] -1

Should we add <otherArchive> blocks to the mailing list, or are there
too many out there?

Hen

Henri Yandell wrote:

> On 11/6/06, Dennis Lundberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> This is a new vote following up on the failed vote [1] that was held
>> previously.
>>
>> As far as I can tell, all the issues that were raised in the earlier
>> vote has been addressed. So please cast your votes.
>>
>> This vote will be open for 72 hours and I will tally the votes no
>> earlier than 19:00 GMT+1 on November 9th.
>>
>> [X] +1
>> [ ] =0
>> [ ] -1
>
> Should we add <otherArchive> blocks to the mailing list, or are there
> too many out there?
>
> Hen

That's a good idea.
I've added The Mail Archive and Nabble.

--
Dennis Lundberg

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release commons-parent pom

Dennis Lundberg-2
This VOTE has passed.

Result: 7 +1 votes. No other votes.

+1:
Jochen Wiedmann
Dion Gillard
Rahul Akolkar
Jörg Schaible
Niall Pemberton
Simon Kitching
Henri Yandell

I will cut the release this weekend.
Thanks to everyone who voted.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> Hello
>
> This is a new vote following up on the failed vote [1] that was held
> previously.
>
> As far as I can tell, all the issues that were raised in the earlier
> vote has been addressed. So please cast your votes.
>
> This vote will be open for 72 hours and I will tally the votes no
> earlier than 19:00 GMT+1 on November 9th.
>
> [ ] +1
> [ ] =0
> [ ] -1
>

> [1]
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/jakarta-commons-dev/200610.mbox/%3c452E2DEB.4000609@...%3e

Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release commons-parent pom

Phil Steitz
belated +1 and THANKS!

-Phil

Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> This VOTE has passed.
>
> Result: 7 +1 votes. No other votes.
>
> +1:
> Jochen Wiedmann
> Dion Gillard
> Rahul Akolkar
> Jörg Schaible
> Niall Pemberton
> Simon Kitching
> Henri Yandell
>
> I will cut the release this weekend.

The pom has been released and has now found its way to the repository
mirrors.

--
Dennis Lundberg