[Validator] Decimal point and date

Angelo Luis
In my form this is work well:

<field property="date" depends="required,date">
<arg key="contrato.label.dtinicial" position="0"/>
<var>
<var-name>datePatternStrict</var-name>
<var-value>dd/MM/yyyy</var-value>
</var>
</field>

but, when i change to this:

<field property="date" depends="required,date">
<arg key="contrato.label.dtinicial" position="0"/>
<var>
<var-name>datePatternStrict</var-name>
<var-value>dd/MM/yy</var-value>
</var>
</field>

The validation don't work anymore... I type 19/09/05 he give me a wrong
date... I turn off the JavaScript in my browser and the server-side
validation work well, only the JavaScript validation give the wrong date
anwser!!!

The seond thing about validation is the decimal point separator!!! Both
server and client validation don't work with me!!!
That is what i do...

In my jsp page:
In my struts-config.xml
<controller nocache="true" locale="true" />
In my validations.xml
<formset country="BR" language="pt">

Am i forget something??

Re: [Validator] Decimal point and date

Aaron Sheffey
I'm a little confused.  Are you saying that with the second format, the
Validator client-side JavaScript validation fails and the server-side
validation works?

Angelo Luis <[hidden email]>
08/29/2005 09:27 AM
Please respond to
"Jakarta Commons Users List" <[hidden email]>

cc

Subject

Am i forget something??

Re: [Validator] Decimal point and date

Angelo Luis
Yes, i am saying that (sorry if my english is confuse)...

With this:

<var-name>datePatternStrict</var-name>
<var-value>dd/MM/yy</var-value>

When i type 19/05/05 the java script validation say that is a wrong date,
but if i turn off the java script the server side validation accept the
date...

On 8/29/05, Aaron Sheffey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm a little confused. Are you saying that with the second format, the
> Validator client-side JavaScript validation fails and the server-side
> validation works?
>

> Angelo Luis <[hidden email]>
> 08/29/2005 09:27 AM
> Please respond to
> "Jakarta Commons Users List" <[hidden email]>

> cc
>
> Subject
> [Validator] Decimal point and date
>

> In my form this is work well:
>
> <field property="date" depends="required,date">
> <arg key="contrato.label.dtinicial" position="0"/>
> <var>
> <var-name>datePatternStrict</var-name>
> <var-value>dd/MM/yyyy</var-value>
> </var>
> </field>
>
> but, when i change to this:
>

> <field property="date" depends="required,date">
> <arg key="contrato.label.dtinicial" position="0"/>
> <var>
> <var-name>datePatternStrict</var-name>
> <var-value>dd/MM/yy</var-value>
> </var>
> </field>
>
> The validation don't work anymore... I type 19/09/05 he give me a wrong
> date... I turn off the JavaScript in my browser and the server-side
> validation work well, only the JavaScript validation give the wrong date
> anwser!!!
>
> The seond thing about validation is the decimal point separator!!! Both
> server and client validation don't work with me!!!
> That is what i do...
>
> In my jsp page:
> In my struts-config.xml
> <controller nocache="true" locale="true" />
> In my validations.xml
> <formset country="BR" language="pt">
>
> Am i forget something??

Re: [Validator] Decimal point and date

Aaron Sheffey
Please reply with the JavaScript that is generated to validate on the
client.

Angelo Luis <[hidden email]>
08/29/2005 09:37 AM
Please respond to
"Jakarta Commons Users List" <[hidden email]>

Jakarta Commons Users List <[hidden email]>
cc

Subject
Re: [Validator] Decimal point and date

Yes, i am saying that (sorry if my english is confuse)...

With this:

<var-name>datePatternStrict</var-name>
<var-value>dd/MM/yy</var-value>

When i type 19/05/05 the java script validation say that is a wrong date,
but if i turn off the java script the server side validation accept the
date...

On 8/29/05, Aaron Sheffey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm a little confused. Are you saying that with the second format, the
> Validator client-side JavaScript validation fails and the server-side
> validation works?
>

> Angelo Luis <[hidden email]>
> 08/29/2005 09:27 AM
> Please respond to
> "Jakarta Commons Users List" <[hidden email]>

> cc
>
> Subject
> [Validator] Decimal point and date
>

> In my form this is work well:
>
> <field property="date" depends="required,date">
> <arg key="contrato.label.dtinicial" position="0"/>
> <var>
> <var-name>datePatternStrict</var-name>
> <var-value>dd/MM/yyyy</var-value>
> </var>
> </field>
>
> but, when i change to this:
>

> <field property="date" depends="required,date">
> <arg key="contrato.label.dtinicial" position="0"/>
> <var>
> <var-name>datePatternStrict</var-name>
> <var-value>dd/MM/yy</var-value>
> </var>
> </field>
>
> The validation don't work anymore... I type 19/09/05 he give me a wrong
> date... I turn off the JavaScript in my browser and the server-side
> validation work well, only the JavaScript validation give the wrong date
> anwser!!!
>
> The seond thing about validation is the decimal point separator!!! Both
> server and client validation don't work with me!!!
> That is what i do...
>
> In my jsp page:
> In my struts-config.xml
> <controller nocache="true" locale="true" />
> In my validations.xml
> <formset country="BR" language="pt">
>
> Am i forget something??

Re: [Validator] Decimal point and date

Aaron Sheffey
I think I might have the issue.  I just checked out validateDate.js on the
comons cvs
(http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons/validator/src/javascript/org/apache/commons/validator/javascript/validateDate.js?view=markup)
and it appears that the pattern being used by the client is always
assuming a four-digit year.  On the server-side its more flexible, but on
the client the JScript appears to be always assuming yyyy.

Hope that helps,

Aaron

Aaron Sheffey/DTCC
08/29/2005 10:02 AM