What JDK version are you using?

Niall Pemberton
What JDK version are you using?

---------------------
[ ] JDK 1.2
[ ] JDK 1.3
[ ] JDK 1.4
[ ] JDK 1.5 (or JDK 5)
---------------------

I'm mainly interested in the impact of moving Commons Valdator a
minimum dependency of JDK 1.4 to use the RegExp support rather than
depending on ORO. However, other commons components may be interested
in your answer, so it would be useful if you could indicate which
Commons components you are using (or interested in using), especially
Validator :-)

tia

Niall

Re: What JDK version are you using?

Nicolas De Loof-3

I' m using websphere 5.0.x on some apps with no migration expected, so
I'm restricted to Java 1.3
Java 1.4 minimum requirement would be a very bad news for me.

Nico.

Niall Pemberton a écrit :

>What JDK version are you using?
>
>---------------------
>[ ] JDK 1.2
>[X] JDK 1.3
>[X] JDK 1.4
>[ ] JDK 1.5 (or JDK 5)
>---------------------
>
>I'm mainly interested in the impact of moving Commons Valdator a
>minimum dependency of JDK 1.4 to use the RegExp support rather than
>depending on ORO. However, other commons components may be interested
>in your answer, so it would be useful if you could indicate which
>Commons components you are using (or interested in using), especially
>Validator :-)
>
>tia
>
>Niall

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,  you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,  distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this  message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all  copies of this message.

Re: What JDK version are you using?

Torsten Curdt
> What JDK version are you using?
>
> ---------------------
> [ ] JDK 1.2
> [ ] JDK 1.3
> [x] JDK 1.4
> [x] JDK 1.5 (or JDK 5)
> ---------------------

codec, collections, cli, digester, io, lang, logging, vfs and of course
jci and javaflow ;)

PS: better use the prefix "POLL" next time

cheers
--
Torsten

PGP.sig (193 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: What JDK version are you using?

Kedar Panse

Niall Pemberton wrote:

>What JDK version are you using?
>
>---------------------
>[ ] JDK 1.2
>[ ] JDK 1.3
>[X] JDK 1.4
>[X] JDK 1.5 (or JDK 5)

Re: What JDK version are you using?

Bob Arnott
Niall Pemberton wrote:
> What JDK version are you using?
>
> ---------------------
> [ ] JDK 1.2
> [ ] JDK 1.3
> [X] JDK 1.4
> [X] JDK 1.5 (or JDK 5)
> ---------------------

Currently using to various degrees - beanutils, betwixt, chain, cli, codec,
collections, dbcp, dbutils, digester, feedparser, httpclient, id, io, jelly,
lang, logging, pool.

Bob Arnott

Re: What JDK version are you using?

Igor Laborie

On 1/23/06, Torsten Curdt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> PS: better use the prefix "POLL" next time

Sorry, yes - slip on my part

> cheers
> --
> Torsten

RE: What JDK version are you using?

Knezevic, Mihael
 fileupload, io, collections, dbcp, codec

Paul Libbrecht

[ ] JDK 1.2
[ ] JDK 1.3
[x] JDK 1.4
[ ] JDK 1.5 (or JDK 5)

I am mostly running 1.4.
Requiring 1.5 would mean for me to upgrade OS (MacOSX 10.4).
Requiring 1.4 would mean I could not run on some older machines we have which cannot run MacOS 10.3.

paul

Law Green-A20134
 [ ] JDK 1.2
 [ ] JDK 1.3
 [ ] JDK 1.4
 [x] JDK 1.5 (or JDK 5)

I use Validator(via Struts), configuration, betwix.

Regards,
Green

Doug_Rand
Niall Pemberton <[hidden email]>
01/23/2006 06:34 AM
Please respond to
"Jakarta Commons Users List" <[hidden email]>

Jakarta Commons Users List <[hidden email]>
cc

Subject
What JDK version are you using?

What JDK version are you using?

---------------------
[ ] JDK 1.2
[ ] JDK 1.3
[X] JDK 1.4
[X] JDK 1.5 (or JDK 5)
---------------------

I'm mainly interested in the impact of moving Commons Valdator a
minimum dependency of JDK 1.4 to use the RegExp support rather than
depending on ORO. However, other commons components may be interested
in your answer, so it would be useful if you could indicate which
Commons components you are using (or interested in using), especially
Validator :-)

tia

Niall

RE: What JDK version are you using?

Alfredo Ledezma Melendez

Using: Dbutils, cli, io, fileUpload, validator, eMail

---------------------
[ ] JDK 1.2
[X] JDK 1.3
[X] JDK 1.4
[X ] JDK 1.5 (or JDK 5)
---------------------

JDK 1.3 for Server standalone Applications (cron related stuff)
JDK 1.4 for Swing based and J2EE applications
JDK 1.5 for my own utilities.

Alfredo Ledezma Meléndez.
Gerencia de Sistemas CRM
Consultor Externo de Sistemas de Atención a Clientes
RadioMovil DIPSA, S. A. de C. V.
Ejército Nacional No. 488, Col. Anahuac, C.P. 11570
México D.F.

I'm mainly interested in the impact of moving Commons Valdator a
minimum dependency of JDK 1.4 to use the RegExp support rather than
depending on ORO. However, other commons components may be interested
in your answer, so it would be useful if you could indicate which
Commons components you are using (or interested in using), especially
Validator :-)

tia

Niall

Este mensaje es exclusivamente para el uso de la persona o entidad a quien esta dirigido; contiene informacion estrictamente confidencial y legalmente protegida, cuya divulgacion es sancionada por la ley. Si el lector de este mensaje no es a quien esta dirigido, ni se trata del empleado o agente responsable de esta informacion, se le notifica por medio del presente, que su reproduccion y distribucion, esta estrictamente prohibida. Si Usted recibio este comunicado por error, favor de notificarlo inmediatamente al remitente y destruir el mensaje. Todas las opiniones contenidas en este mail son propias del autor del mensaje y no necesariamente coinciden con las de Radiomovil Dipsa, S.A. de C.V. o alguna de sus empresas controladas, controladoras, afiliadas y subsidiarias. Este mensaje intencionalmente no contiene acentos.

This message is for the sole use of the person or entity to whom it is being sent.  Therefore, it contains strictly confidential and legally protected material whose disclosure is subject to penalty by law.  If the person reading this message is not the one to whom it is being sent and/or is not an employee or the responsible agent for this information, this person is herein notified that any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of the materials included in this facsimile is strictly prohibited.  If you received this document by mistake please notify  immediately to the subscriber and destroy the message. Any opinions contained in this e-mail are those of the author of the message and do not necessarily coincide with those of Radiomovil Dipsa, S.A. de C.V. or any of its control, controlled, affiliates and subsidiaries companies. No part of this message or attachments may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever.

Re: What JDK version are you using?

Angelo Luis
 [ ] JDK 1.2
 [ ] JDK 1.3
 [ ] JDK 1.4
 [x] JDK 1.5 (or JDK 5)

Re: What JDK version are you using?

Christopher L Merrill-2
Using: CLI

---------------------
[ ] JDK 1.2
[ ] JDK 1.3
[ ] JDK 1.4
[X ] JDK 1.5 (or JDK 5)
---------------------

RE: What JDK version are you using?

Greg Dunn-3
[ ] JDK 1.2
[ ] JDK 1.3
[X] JDK 1.4
[ ] JDK 1.5 (or JDK 5)

Validator, HTTPClient, BeanUtils, FileUpload

Re: What JDK version are you using?

Emmanouil Batsis
Niall Pemberton wrote:

>What JDK version are you using?
>
>---------------------
>[ ] JDK 1.2
>[ ] JDK 1.3
>[x] JDK 1.4
>[ ] JDK 1.5 (or JDK 5)

RE: What JDK version are you using?

Daggumalli, Sivaji

Niall Pemberton wrote:

>What JDK version are you using?
>
>---------------------
>[ ] JDK 1.2
>[x] JDK 1.3
>[ ] JDK 1.4
>[ ] JDK 1.5 (or JDK 5)

Re: What JDK version are you using?

Barrie Selack
>What JDK version are you using?

---------------------
[ ] JDK 1.2
[ ] JDK 1.3
[X] JDK 1.4
[ ] JDK 1.5 (or JDK 5)
---------------------

Mac OS X, Linux

commons-vfs-1.0-dev.jar
commons-pool-1.2.jar
commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
commons-lang-1.0.1.jar
commons-io-1.0.jar
commons-httpclient-3.0-rc1.jar
commons-digester.jar
commons-dbcp-1.2.1.jar
commons-configuration-1.1.jar
commons-collections-3.1.jar
commons-codec-1.3.jar
commons-chain.jar
commons-beanutils.jar

(some used as dependencies for other jars)

Barrie

>I'm mainly interested in the impact of moving Commons Valdator a
>minimum dependency of JDK 1.4 to use the RegExp support rather than
>depending on ORO. However, other commons components may be interested
>in your answer, so it would be useful if you could indicate which
>Commons components you are using (or interested in using), especially
>Validator :-)
>
>tia
>
>Niall

Re: What JDK version are you using?

Mark Fortner
Just out of curiosity, why would you switch from ORO
(an API with more functionality) to Regex (an API with
less functionality)?

I use VFS, CLI, and ORO.

Regards,
Mark

--- Niall Pemberton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What JDK version are you using?
>
> ---------------------
> [ ] JDK 1.2
> [ ] JDK 1.3
> [x] JDK 1.4
> [x] JDK 1.5 (or JDK 5)
> ---------------------
>
> I'm mainly interested in the impact of moving
> Commons Valdator a
> minimum dependency of JDK 1.4 to use the RegExp
> support rather than
> depending on ORO. However, other commons components
> may be interested
> in your answer, so it would be useful if you could
> indicate which
> Commons components you are using (or interested in
> using), especially
> Validator :-)
>
> tia
>
> Niall

> For additional commands, e-mail:

Re: What JDK version are you using?

Nicolas De Loof-3

Is it not possible to use a runtime discovery mecanism or a  "plugable"
regexp engine ?
i.e. write a thin regexp abstraction layer, and write adapters for oro /
java1.4 regexp / any other

It may use commons-discovery (or anything similar) to get it's runtime
implementation,
or check for some java1.4 classes to load regexp adapter and fallback to
oro if not available.

just my 2 cents.

Nico.