Whatever happened to commons-io 2.5?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
24 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Whatever happened to commons-io 2.5?

Nick Burch-8
On Mon, 11 Apr 2016, Benson Margulies wrote:
> A patch:

Key added in r13138

Nick

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Whatever happened to commons-io 2.5?

Mark Thomas
In reply to this post by Benson Margulies
On 11/04/2016 22:52, Benson Margulies wrote:

> First Karma issue:
>
> Sending        KEYS
> Transmitting file data .svn: E195023: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: E195023: Changing file '/Users/benson/asf/commons/KEYS' is
> forbidden by the server
> svn: E175013: Access to
> '/repos/dist/!svn/txr/13132-b9c/release/commons/KEYS' forbidden
> svn: E195023: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:
> svn: E195023:    '/Users/benson/asf/commons/svn-commit.tmp'

OK. That is because of the way the authorization file is generated for
the /dist repo. You need to be in the commons committers group.

On the basis that all ASF committers have the commit bit at Commons, I
have just added you explicitly to the Commons committers group.

Mark

>
>
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 5:45 PM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> So, there's a tag for 2.5-RC3.
>>
>> And there are recent commits.
>>
>> I propose to move the version on trunk back to 2.5-SNAPSHOT, and then
>> tee up a 2.5-RC4 release from the current state of trunk, rather than
>> leave all the changes since the RC waiting for another day. Is there a
>> reason not to do that?
>>
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 4:36 PM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> There might be a speed bump when it is time to publish to Nexus. That might
>>> require PMC karma. Same for copying files for pub/sub. That would be a good
>>> thing to doc on the wiki/site.
>>>
>>> G
>>>
>>> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 12:28 PM, Mark Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> On 11/04/2016 18:30, Benson Margulies wrote:
>>>>> Well, here we are. I'm willing to help, but you'd have to give me
>>>>> enough permission.
>>>>
>>>> Benson,
>>>>
>>>> Willing volunteers are always welcome.
>>>>
>>>> As an ASF committer, you already have commit to Commons.
>>>>
>>>> As an ASF Member, you know what is expected.
>>>>
>>>> Crack on and shout if you hit a problem. I should be able to grant you
>>>> any karma you need. The only exception is if you need to be on the PMC.
>>>> That will trigger a delay of however long it takes us to vote and
>>>> (assuming we vote yes) the 72 hours we have to wait for the board. That
>>>> said, I don't think there is anything in the release process that
>>>> requires PMC membership.
>>>>
>>>> Mark
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 1:27 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>>> Sorry, let me re-phrase: I don't think someone with commit rights can
>>>> be a RM, I think additional JIRA permissions are required.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>>>>
>>>>>> From: [hidden email]
>>>>>> To: "Commons Developers List" <[hidden email]>
>>>>>> Sent: Monday, April 11, 2016 1:09:14 PM
>>>>>> Subject: Re: Whatever happened to commons-io 2.5?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I don't think a non-committer can be a RM as I don't believe JIRA
>>>> permissions have been opened up as well. Please correct me if I am wrong,
>>>> as I have been waiting a long time for a VFS 2.1 release.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>>>>
>>>>>> From: "Benson Margulies" <[hidden email]>
>>>>>> To: "Commons Developers List" <[hidden email]>
>>>>>> Sent: Monday, April 11, 2016 12:48:08 PM
>>>>>> Subject: Re: Whatever happened to commons-io 2.5?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I was never a member of the commons PMC, or a voted committer, I just
>>>>>> had commit access (I thought) due to the decision to give a wide group
>>>>>> of people access.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 12:46 PM, James Carman
>>>>>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>>>> I don't think we take away karma, just membership to the PMC.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 12:45 PM Benson Margulies <
>>>> [hidden email]>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I'm a member emeritus. Can I do it without being voted as something
>>>> else?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 12:33 PM, Gary Gregory <
>>>> [hidden email]>
>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>> I think we got started and staled a while back. We just need an RM to
>>>>>>>> step
>>>>>>>>> up or step back in.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Gary
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 9:30 AM, Benson Margulies <
>>>> [hidden email]
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> There are bugs marked fixed for years awaiting this release.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>>>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>> E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
>>>>>>>>> Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition
>>>>>>>>> <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
>>>>>>>>> JUnit in Action, Second Edition <http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/>
>>>>>>>>> Spring Batch in Action <http://www.manning.com/templier/>
>>>>>>>>> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
>>>>>>>>> Home: http://garygregory.com/
>>>>>>>>> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
>>> Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition
>>> <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
>>> JUnit in Action, Second Edition <http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/>
>>> Spring Batch in Action <http://www.manning.com/templier/>
>>> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
>>> Home: http://garygregory.com/
>>> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Whatever happened to commons-io 2.5?

Stian Soiland-Reyes
In reply to this post by sebb-2-2
Right, dist is just using SVN as a convenient way to manage the
distribution tree for the download mirrors, that it is version controlled
is a nice side effect, it would not work well with Git (except possibly
with LFS) as every binary and source release of ASF since the dist repos
inception is in the history :)
On 12 Apr 2016 00:04, "sebb" <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 11 April 2016 at 23:57, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I volunteered here because I (mis?) remembered that commons had
> decided to activate the 'univeral commit bit', so that I would already
> have commit access.

The dist repo is not the same as the commons repo; they don't even
share the same parent.

> Are you willing to add me to the group?

>
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 6:44 PM, Gary Gregory <[hidden email]>
wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 3:41 PM, sebb <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> On 11 April 2016 at 22:56, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]>
wrote:
>>> > I'm assuming this code hasn't been moved to git, based on the lack of
>>> > discussion of same on the relevant web page.
>>> >
>>>
>>> AIUI the dist/ tree will never be moved to Git because it has so much
>>> data in it, and it's not possible to check out a part of a Git repo.
>>>
>>
>> Really? It seems like keeping the whole repo is a good idea. How much
data

>> are we talking about here?
>>
>> Are we talking about a Git limit or an Apache limit?
>>
>> Gary
>>
>>>
>>> I think the problem is that you are not in the Commons Unix group.
>>>
>>> > On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 5:52 PM, Benson Margulies <
[hidden email]>

>>> wrote:
>>> >> First Karma issue:
>>> >>
>>> >> Sending        KEYS
>>> >> Transmitting file data .svn: E195023: Commit failed (details follow):
>>> >> svn: E195023: Changing file '/Users/benson/asf/commons/KEYS' is
>>> >> forbidden by the server
>>> >> svn: E175013: Access to
>>> >> '/repos/dist/!svn/txr/13132-b9c/release/commons/KEYS' forbidden
>>> >> svn: E195023: Your commit message was left in a temporary file:
>>> >> svn: E195023:    '/Users/benson/asf/commons/svn-commit.tmp'
>>> >>
>>> >>
>>> >> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 5:45 PM, Benson Margulies <
>>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>> >>> So, there's a tag for 2.5-RC3.
>>> >>>
>>> >>> And there are recent commits.
>>> >>>
>>> >>> I propose to move the version on trunk back to 2.5-SNAPSHOT, and
then
>>> >>> tee up a 2.5-RC4 release from the current state of trunk, rather
than
>>> >>> leave all the changes since the RC waiting for another day. Is
there a
>>> >>> reason not to do that?
>>> >>>
>>> >>>
>>> >>> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 4:36 PM, Gary Gregory <
[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>> >>>> There might be a speed bump when it is time to publish to Nexus.
That
>>> might
>>> >>>> require PMC karma. Same for copying files for pub/sub. That would
be

>>> a good
>>> >>>> thing to doc on the wiki/site.
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> G
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 12:28 PM, Mark Thomas <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>>> On 11/04/2016 18:30, Benson Margulies wrote:
>>> >>>>> > Well, here we are. I'm willing to help, but you'd have to give
me

>>> >>>>> > enough permission.
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> Benson,
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> Willing volunteers are always welcome.
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> As an ASF committer, you already have commit to Commons.
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> As an ASF Member, you know what is expected.
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> Crack on and shout if you hit a problem. I should be able to grant
>>> you
>>> >>>>> any karma you need. The only exception is if you need to be on the
>>> PMC.
>>> >>>>> That will trigger a delay of however long it takes us to vote and
>>> >>>>> (assuming we vote yes) the 72 hours we have to wait for the board.
>>> That
>>> >>>>> said, I don't think there is anything in the release process that
>>> >>>>> requires PMC membership.
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> Mark
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> >
>>> >>>>> > On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 1:27 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> >>>>> >> Sorry, let me re-phrase: I don't think someone with commit
rights

>>> can
>>> >>>>> be a RM, I think additional JIRA permissions are required.
>>> >>>>> >>
>>> >>>>> >>
>>> >>>>> >> ----- Original Message -----
>>> >>>>> >>
>>> >>>>> >> From: [hidden email]
>>> >>>>> >> To: "Commons Developers List" <[hidden email]>
>>> >>>>> >> Sent: Monday, April 11, 2016 1:09:14 PM
>>> >>>>> >> Subject: Re: Whatever happened to commons-io 2.5?
>>> >>>>> >>
>>> >>>>> >> I don't think a non-committer can be a RM as I don't believe
JIRA

>>> >>>>> permissions have been opened up as well. Please correct me if I am
>>> wrong,
>>> >>>>> as I have been waiting a long time for a VFS 2.1 release.
>>> >>>>> >>
>>> >>>>> >>
>>> >>>>> >> ----- Original Message -----
>>> >>>>> >>
>>> >>>>> >> From: "Benson Margulies" <[hidden email]>
>>> >>>>> >> To: "Commons Developers List" <[hidden email]>
>>> >>>>> >> Sent: Monday, April 11, 2016 12:48:08 PM
>>> >>>>> >> Subject: Re: Whatever happened to commons-io 2.5?
>>> >>>>> >>
>>> >>>>> >> I was never a member of the commons PMC, or a voted committer,
I
>>> just
>>> >>>>> >> had commit access (I thought) due to the decision to give a
wide

>>> group
>>> >>>>> >> of people access.
>>> >>>>> >>
>>> >>>>> >> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 12:46 PM, James Carman
>>> >>>>> >> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> >>>>> >>> I don't think we take away karma, just membership to the PMC.
>>> >>>>> >>>
>>> >>>>> >>> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 12:45 PM Benson Margulies <
>>> >>>>> [hidden email]>
>>> >>>>> >>> wrote:
>>> >>>>> >>>
>>> >>>>> >>>> I'm a member emeritus. Can I do it without being voted as
>>> something
>>> >>>>> else?
>>> >>>>> >>>>
>>> >>>>> >>>>
>>> >>>>> >>>> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 12:33 PM, Gary Gregory <
>>> >>>>> [hidden email]>
>>> >>>>> >>>> wrote:
>>> >>>>> >>>>> I think we got started and staled a while back. We just need
>>> an RM to
>>> >>>>> >>>> step
>>> >>>>> >>>>> up or step back in.
>>> >>>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> >>>>> Gary
>>> >>>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> >>>>> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 9:30 AM, Benson Margulies <
>>> >>>>> [hidden email]
>>> >>>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> >>>>> wrote:
>>> >>>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> >>>>>> There are bugs marked fixed for years awaiting this
release.
>>> >>>>> >>>>>>
>>> >>>>> >>>>>>
>>> >>>>>
---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> >>>>> >>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> >>>>> >>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail:
[hidden email]

>>> >>>>> >>>>>>
>>> >>>>> >>>>>>
>>> >>>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>> >>>>> --
>>> >>>>> >>>>> E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
>>> >>>>> >>>>> Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition
>>> >>>>> >>>>> <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
>>> >>>>> >>>>> JUnit in Action, Second Edition <
>>> http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/>
>>> >>>>> >>>>> Spring Batch in Action <http://www.manning.com/templier/>
>>> >>>>> >>>>> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
>>> >>>>> >>>>> Home: http://garygregory.com/
>>> >>>>> >>>>> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
>>> >>>>> >>>>
>>> >>>>> >>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> >>>>> >>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> >>>>> >>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> >>>>> >>>>
>>> >>>>> >>>>
>>> >>>>> >>
>>> >>>>> >>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> >>>>> >> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> >>>>> >> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> >>>>> >>
>>> >>>>> >>
>>> >>>>> >>
>>> >>>>> >
>>> >>>>> >
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> >>>>> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> >>>>> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> >>>>> >
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>>
---------------------------------------------------------------------

>>> >>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> >>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>>
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>>
>>> >>>> --
>>> >>>> E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
>>> >>>> Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition
>>> >>>> <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
>>> >>>> JUnit in Action, Second Edition <http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/>
>>> >>>> Spring Batch in Action <http://www.manning.com/templier/>
>>> >>>> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
>>> >>>> Home: http://garygregory.com/
>>> >>>> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
>>> >
>>> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> > For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> >
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> E-Mail: [hidden email] | [hidden email]
>> Java Persistence with Hibernate, Second Edition
>> <http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
>> JUnit in Action, Second Edition <http://www.manning.com/tahchiev/>
>> Spring Batch in Action <http://www.manning.com/templier/>
>> Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
>> Home: http://garygregory.com/
>> Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Whatever happened to commons-io 2.5?

sebb-2-2
On 12 April 2016 at 13:14, Stian Soiland-Reyes <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Right, dist is just using SVN as a convenient way to manage the
> distribution tree for the download mirrors, that it is version controlled
> is a nice side effect, it would not work well with Git (except possibly
> with LFS) as every binary and source release of ASF since the dist repos
> inception is in the history :)

The SVN tree at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/
is used as the svnpubsub source for the ASF mirrors at
http://www.[eu|us].apache.org/dist

The 3rd party mirrors then fetch the files using rsync from either the
EU or US mirror.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

12