When does FileUpload delete the temp file?

When does FileUpload delete the temp file?

atharva
I using FileUpload 1.2.2. In my case I'm keeping a handle to the File object I get by calling  DikeFileItem.getStoreLocation(). I process the file in the same thread, but many times the underlying file object is gone by the time I get to process it. I'm setting the file cleaning tracker to null by calling factory.setFileCleaningTracker(null).

I'm making sure that File object is not being de-referenced. So what could be the problem?