Quantcast

Why just got java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

Why just got java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

xiaoyu
Hello, everyone:

       I  am developing a file transport tool using httpclient V3.1

       Now I get "java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out" when I was trying to upload a file to the sever(Tomcat V7.5.35)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(Unknown Source)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpParser.readRawLine(HttpParser.java:78)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpParser.readLine(HttpParser.java:106)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.readLine(HttpConnection.java:1116)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager$HttpConnectionAdapter.readLine(MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.java:1413)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.readStatusLine(HttpMethodBase.java:1973)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.readResponse(HttpMethodBase.java:1735)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java:1098)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:398)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:171)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:397)
at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:323)
at com.xiaoyu.tool.transport.transport.http.HttpUploadThread.run1(HttpUploadThread.java:111)
at com.xiaoyu.tool.transport.transport.UploadFile.beginUpload(UploadFile.java:174)
at com.xiaoyu.tool.transport.transport.UploadFile.doUpload(UploadFile.java:118)
at com.xiaoyu.tool.transport.transport.UploadFile.run(UploadFile.java:109)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

       But I have set server_socket_timeout to zero, which means  an infinite timeout according the API

                    HttpConnectionManagerParams params = new HttpConnectionManagerParams();
                    int SOCKET_NO_TIME_OUT = 0;
                    params.setSoTimeout(SOCKET_NO_TIME_OUT);

       So why I got this excetpion here ?
       Any help would mean a lot.
       Thank you !

xiaoyu

is intended only for the use of the intended recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of
Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is
not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing,  storing, disclosure or copying
immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from
your system. Thank you.

Re: Why just got java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

sebb-2-2
HttpClient is no longer part of Commons, see:

http://hc.apache.org/

Also, HttpClient v3.1 is now EOL; see:

http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-legacy/index.html

Please refer to the above websites for info on mailing lists etc.