XML Validation Tag Library

Adrian Herscu
Hi all,

Where can I find an example for using the XML Validation Tag
Library?

Thanks for your time,
Adrian.

Re: XML Validation Tag Library

Lauren Bish
I would be interested also.

I have a case where I need to generate an XSD on the fly (not to a file,
to an in memory definition), then use it and some logic to validate a
given XML blob (also in memory).

I was thinking of just using Xerces, but would be interested in
alternatives and their benefits.

Adrian Herscu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Where can I find an example for using the XML Validation Tag Library?
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Adrian.

Re: XML Validation Tag Library

robert burrell donkin
hi adrian

you'll probably get a faster and better response if you were to use the
correct netiquette and add a prefix to the subject containing the name
of the component you're interested in.

in general, most of the commons components have quite a lot of
documentation out there (including books and articles). from what i've
seen, most of it seems pretty good quality so search and take your
pick :)

good place to start is the wiki
(http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/): there's even a page for
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/JakartaCommonsResources

- robert

On Sun, 2005-05-15 at 03:52 +0300, Adrian Herscu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Where can I find an example for using the XML Validation Tag
> Library?
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Adrian.

Re: XML Validation Tag Library

Dion Gillard-2
Which part of commons is this? Jelly?

On 5/15/05, Adrian Herscu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Where can I find an example for using the XML Validation Tag
> Library?
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Adrian.

Re: XML Validation Tag Library

Paul Libbrecht
Adrian,

You're missing a [component-name] subject so that we know which
tag-library you want to mention...
Maybe you mean a Jelly tag-library, like at:
   http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jelly/libs/validate/

?

paul

Le 15 mai 05, à 02:52, Adrian Herscu a écrit :

> Where can I find an example for using the XML Validation Tag Library?

Re: XML Validation Tag Library

Paul Libbrecht
Definitely, jelly can do this for you.
But it'll just do the orchestration of all pieces and will probably use
Xerces or such on the back.
In which in-memory expression do you have this ?

paul

Le 16 mai 05, à 19:24, Lauren Bish a écrit :

> I would be interested also.
>
> I have a case where I need to generate an XSD on the fly (not to a
> file, to an in memory definition), then use it and some logic to
> validate a given XML blob (also in memory).
>
> I was thinking of just using Xerces, but would be interested in
> alternatives and their benefits.
>
> Adrian Herscu wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Where can I find an example for using the XML Validation Tag Library?
>> Thanks for your time,
>> Adrian.

Re: XML Validation Tag Library

Adrian Herscu
Hi Lauren,

Here is what I have so far:

<core:new
        className="${verifier.factory.classname}"
        var="verifierFactory" />

<validate:verifier
        var="verifier"
        factory="${verifierFactory}"
        uri="${schema.uri}" />

<validate:validate
        var="validationResult"
        verifier="${verifier}">
        <core:include uri="${source.uri}" />
</validate:validate>

NOTE: verifier.factory.classname must be set to JARV compatible
factory (XercesJARV - org.kohsuke.jarv.xerces.verifierFactory;
MSV - com.sun.msv.verifier.jarv.TheFactoryImpl). Also you will
have to put the JARV driver (MSV, XercesJARV, or other)  and its
dependencies into the $MAVEN_HOME/libs directory. MSV can work
both with RelaxNG and with XML Schema - it is able to decide
according to the schema type pointed by ${source.uri}.

Currently, I have a problem with namespace collisions. So, be
sure to use a different a namespace for your XML files.

Adrian.

P.S. If you need in-memory processing look for the file-related
tags - those will allow you to manipulate Jave File objects
in-memory.

Lauren Bish wrote:

> I would be interested also.
>
> I have a case where I need to generate an XSD on the fly (not to a file,
> to an in memory definition), then use it and some logic to validate a
> given XML blob (also in memory).
>
> I was thinking of just using Xerces, but would be interested in
> alternatives and their benefits.
>
> Adrian Herscu wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Where can I find an example for using the XML Validation Tag Library?
>>
>> Thanks for your time,
>> Adrian.

Re: XML Validation Tag Library

Adrian Herscu
Yes, it belongs to Jelly.
Sorry for messing the list.
Adrian.

Dion Gillard wrote:

> Which part of commons is this? Jelly?
>
> On 5/15/05, Adrian Herscu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>Where can I find an example for using the XML Validation Tag
>>Library?
>>
>>Thanks for your time,
>>Adrian.

Re: XML Validation Tag Library

Adrian Herscu
Yes, I meant to
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jelly/libs/validate/

Again, please accept my apology for messing your mailing-list.
Adrian.