a question about URL encoding

Jim the Standing Bear-2
Hello,

I read somewhere that the URL Encoding of the space character can be
either %20 or +.  The behavior of the URLEncoders from both
commons-codec and jdk converts spaces to +.  Is there anyway to force
the URLEncoder to convert spaces to %20 instead?  Thanks.

- Jim

RE: a question about URL encoding

Jörg Schaible-2
Hi Jim,

Jim the Standing Bear wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I read somewhere that the URL Encoding of the space character can be
> either %20 or +.  The behavior of the URLEncoders from both
> commons-codec and jdk converts spaces to +.  Is there anyway to force
> the URLEncoder to convert spaces to %20 instead?  Thanks.

Benjamin Bentman created a quite valuable summary of the situation for the Maven devs: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.turbine.maven.devel/83251/focus=85098

- Jörg

Re: a question about URL encoding

Jim the Standing Bear-2
Thanks Jörg.  It is indeed an excellent summary of the situation.

- Jim