[all] Amazon Corretto

Rob Tompkins
Curious to see what people’s thoughts are to this:

https://aws.amazon.com/corretto/

-Rob

Re: [all] Amazon Corretto

Mark Struberg-2
One more option.
Which is good for the Java ecosystem.

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 14.11.2018 um 15:14 schrieb Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]>:
>
> Curious to see what people’s thoughts are to this:
>
> https://aws.amazon.com/corretto/
>
> -Rob

Re: [all] Amazon Corretto

ole ersoy
That totally rocks!

Ole

On 11/14/18 9:50 AM, Mark Struberg wrote:

> One more option.
> Which is good for the Java ecosystem.
>
> LieGrue,
> strub
>
>> Am 14.11.2018 um 15:14 schrieb Rob Tompkins <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Curious to see what people’s thoughts are to this:
>>
>> https://aws.amazon.com/corretto/
>>
>> -Rob

Re: [all] Amazon Corretto

Pascal Schumacher
Isn't this basically the same as Adopt Open JDK:

https://adoptopenjdk.net

or am I missing something?

-Pascal

Am 14.11.2018 um 15:14 schrieb Rob Tompkins:
> Curious to see what people’s thoughts are to this:
>
> https://aws.amazon.com/corretto/
>
> -Rob

RE: [all] Amazon Corretto

Eduardo Guadalupe Quintanilla
Maybe the promise of performance enhancements and security fixes.

Eduardo Quintanilla
Software Developer
Block Networks

Isn't this basically the same as Adopt Open JDK:

https://adoptopenjdk.net

or am I missing something?

-Pascal

Am 14.11.2018 um 15:14 schrieb Rob Tompkins:
> Curious to see what people’s thoughts are to this:
>
> https://aws.amazon.com/corretto/
>
> -Rob

Re: [all] Amazon Corretto

Eric Barnhill
It reminds me uncomfortably of Microsoft's old "embrace, extend,
exterminate" philosophy in the 1990s.

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 10:03 AM Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Isn't this basically the same as Adopt Open JDK:
>
> https://adoptopenjdk.net
>
> or am I missing something?
>
> -Pascal
>
> Am 14.11.2018 um 15:14 schrieb Rob Tompkins:
> > Curious to see what people’s thoughts are to this:
> >
> > https://aws.amazon.com/corretto/
> >
> > -Rob

Re: [all] Amazon Corretto

ole ersoy
It's a lot harder to do that now without seriously tarnishing your brand.  M$ is doing some very good things - VSCode, RxJS ... Successful companies are seeing the light and the ones that are not are very quickly forgotten about ...

On 11/14/18 12:33 PM, Eric Barnhill wrote:

> It reminds me uncomfortably of Microsoft's old "embrace, extend,
> exterminate" philosophy in the 1990s.
>
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 10:03 AM Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Isn't this basically the same as Adopt Open JDK:
>>
>> https://adoptopenjdk.net
>>
>> or am I missing something?
>>
>> -Pascal
>>
>> Am 14.11.2018 um 15:14 schrieb Rob Tompkins:
>>> Curious to see what people’s thoughts are to this:
>>>
>>> https://aws.amazon.com/corretto/
>>>
>>> -Rob

Re: [all] Amazon Corretto

Martijn Verburg
We're (AdoptOpenJDK) are working with Amazon if that helps :-).  They're
using a bunch of our build and test scripts.

Cheers,
Martijn

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 at 19:03, Pascal Schumacher <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Isn't this basically the same as Adopt Open JDK:
>
> https://adoptopenjdk.net
>
> or am I missing something?
>
> -Pascal
>
> Am 14.11.2018 um 15:14 schrieb Rob Tompkins:
> > Curious to see what people’s thoughts are to this:
> >
> > https://aws.amazon.com/corretto/
> >
> > -Rob

Re: [all] Amazon Corretto

https://www.linuxjournal.com/video/linux-sucks-forever