[all] apologies

Phil Steitz
I am sorry for the bad tone of my recent posts here.  Not the nicest
way to leave and I am sorry for that.

Phil

Re: [all] apologies

Niall Pemberton
On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 8:13 PM, Phil Steitz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am sorry for the bad tone of my recent posts here.  Not the nicest
> way to leave and I am sorry for that.

I dont think you have anything to apologize for and its disappointing to
see you leave. I can understand that you've had enough of the ranting and
griping against you and think thats a collective failure of the PMC to let
that fester for too many years.

Niall

> Phil

Re: [all] apologies

I am sorry to see you leave.

Gary
I am sorry for the bad tone of my recent posts here.  Not the nicest
way to leave and I am sorry for that.

Phil

Re: [all] apologies

ole ersoy
Both Phil and Gilles could have handled this more surgically from the start.  A great solution to this is easily within the emotional and technical ability of both of them.  To take the view that this is game over is non sense.

Ole

On 02/08/2016 06:45 PM, Niall Pemberton wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 8:13 PM, Phil Steitz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I am sorry for the bad tone of my recent posts here.  Not the nicest
>> way to leave and I am sorry for that.
>>
> I dont think you have anything to apologize for and its disappointing to
> see you leave. I can understand that you've had enough of the ranting and
> griping against you and think thats a collective failure of the PMC to let
> that fester for too many years.
>
> Niall
>

>> Phil

Re: [all] apologies

Thomas Neidhart
On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 9:13 PM, Phil Steitz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am sorry for the bad tone of my recent posts here.  Not the nicest
> way to leave and I am sorry for that.

Hi Phil,

nothing that you have written is worth an apology, although I can
understand your disappointment about the way (or motive) you are leaving.

In fact, as Niall pointed out, we as community have failed as we have
accepted unhealthy behavior for too long a time resulting in people just
being frustrated up to the point where they break and leave.
Sometimes it does not take a flame war but this constant little nagging
about every little thing to make people feel uncomfortable and dissapointed.

For me you have been a role model how to handle conflicts and it makes me
really sad to see to leave because of one.

Thomas