[all] dev@ traffic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[all] dev@ traffic

Stefan Bodewig
Hi all

apart from dev@ and user@ we've got three lists that have been created
for specific notifications that people may be interested in or not:
issues, commits and notifications. My MUA is configured to merge those
three with dev so I didn't really notice we are getting more messages
(and for most people more noise) to dev than I would have expected.

JIRA seems to be set up to send to issues@ for all components, and the
git and svn commit messages of components go to commits@ while svn
commit messages for the website go to notifications@.

Things are different between components for at least

* github integration (some components like Compress send mails to dev,
  others like Numbers send them to notifications)

* CI messages (at least Compress uses dev for Jenkins mails)

IMHO neither should go to dev@ and using notifications@ seems more
logical to me. I'm going to change this for Compress and would likt to
ask other components to check their settings as well so we can raise the
signal ratio for dev@ again.

Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [all] dev@ traffic

Emmanuel Bourg-3
Le 19/06/2017 à 12:32, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :

> IMHO neither should go to dev@ and using notifications@ seems more
> logical to me. I'm going to change this for Compress and would likt to
> ask other components to check their settings as well so we can raise the
> signal ratio for dev@ again.

+1 for redirecting Jenkins to notifications@

GitHub PRs and JIRA should target the same list.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [all] dev@ traffic

sebb-2-2
On 19 June 2017 at 14:19, Emmanuel Bourg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Le 19/06/2017 à 12:32, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :
>
>> IMHO neither should go to dev@ and using notifications@ seems more
>> logical to me. I'm going to change this for Compress and would likt to
>> ask other components to check their settings as well so we can raise the
>> signal ratio for dev@ again.
>
> +1 for redirecting Jenkins to notifications@

I've done all the ones I could find

> GitHub PRs and JIRA should target the same list.

I agree about PRs, but JIRA should continue to go to issues@ (as at present)

> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [all] dev@ traffic

Stefan Bodewig
In reply to this post by Emmanuel Bourg-3
On 2017-06-19, Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

> Le 19/06/2017 à 12:32, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :

>> IMHO neither should go to dev@ and using notifications@ seems more
>> logical to me. I'm going to change this for Compress and would likt to
>> ask other components to check their settings as well so we can raise the
>> signal ratio for dev@ again.

> +1 for redirecting Jenkins to notifications@

> GitHub PRs and JIRA should target the same list.

the same "notifications" list or those two should go to the same list
even if its "issues"?

Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [all] dev@ traffic

Simon Spero
In reply to this post by Stefan Bodewig
(this was prompted by me interrupting a quasi-appropriate JIRA
meta-discussion about JIRA workflow & permissions (on an issue I had opened
because I encountered it whilst working another issue, and had fixed but
not PRed, which Stefan then also fixed)  to further apologize to Stefan for
not replying to an email from him (on dev)  that I'd missed because of
coveralls) .

So +1.
Also, I need to reply to that email :)

Simon

On Jun 19, 2017 6:33 AM, "Stefan Bodewig" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all

apart from dev@ and user@ we've got three lists that have been created
for specific notifications that people may be interested in or not:
issues, commits and notifications. My MUA is configured to merge those
three with dev so I didn't really notice we are getting more messages
(and for most people more noise) to dev than I would have expected.

JIRA seems to be set up to send to issues@ for all components, and the
git and svn commit messages of components go to commits@ while svn
commit messages for the website go to notifications@.

Things are different between components for at least

* github integration (some components like Compress send mails to dev,
  others like Numbers send them to notifications)

* CI messages (at least Compress uses dev for Jenkins mails)

IMHO neither should go to dev@ and using notifications@ seems more
logical to me. I'm going to change this for Compress and would likt to
ask other components to check their settings as well so we can raise the
signal ratio for dev@ again.

Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [all] dev@ traffic

Stefan Bodewig
On 2017-06-19, Simon Spero wrote:

> (this was prompted by me interrupting a quasi-appropriate JIRA
> meta-discussion about JIRA workflow & permissions (on an issue I had opened
> because I encountered it whilst working another issue, and had fixed but
> not PRed, which Stefan then also fixed)  to further apologize to Stefan for
> not replying to an email from him (on dev)  that I'd missed because of
> coveralls) .

with all parenteses properly nested, wow ;-)

No need to apologize, really.

Thanks

        Stefan

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [all] dev@ traffic

Simon Spero
On Jun 19, 2017 9:56 AM, "Stefan Bodewig" <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 2017-06-19, Simon Spero wrote:

with all parenteses properly nested, wow ;-)

No need to apologize, really.


(apply #'append '((not) (a problem)))
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [all] dev@ traffic

Emmanuel Bourg-3
In reply to this post by Stefan Bodewig
Le 19/06/2017 à 15:41, Stefan Bodewig a écrit :

> those two should go to the same list even if its "issues"?

Yes, sorry for the ambiguity.

Emmanuel Bourg

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

Loading...