[all][sandbox] removing promoted components

[all][sandbox] removing promoted components

tobrien
AFAIK, promotion from the sandbox is now just an "svn move".  This
doesn't help us with components that were promoted before the svn
migration.  Does anyone have any objections to "svn rm"-ing the
following directories.  This is just a start..

/jakarta/commons/sandbox/betwixt
/jakarta/commons/sandbox/codec
/jakarta/commons/sandbox/digester
/jakarta/commons/sandbox/el
/jakarta/commons/sandbox/jelly
/jakarta/commons/sandbox/math

Also, seems like we could move the tags in
/jakarta/commons/sandbox/configuration/tags over to
/jakarta/commons/proper/configuration/tags

Re: [all][sandbox] removing promoted components

Thomas Dudziak
On 7/4/05, Tim O'Brien <[hidden email]> wrote:

> AFAIK, promotion from the sandbox is now just an "svn move".  This
> doesn't help us with components that were promoted before the svn
> migration.  Does anyone have any objections to "svn rm"-ing the
> following directories.  This is just a start..
>
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/betwixt
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/codec
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/digester
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/el
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/jelly
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/math
>
> Also, seems like we could move the tags in
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/configuration/tags over to
> /jakarta/commons/proper/configuration/tags

While you're at it, you could also remove commons-sql (migrated to
db.apache.org/ddlutils) :-)

Tom

Re: [all][sandbox] removing promoted components

Emmanuel Bourg-3
Tim O'Brien wrote:

> Also, seems like we could move the tags in
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/configuration/tags over to
> /jakarta/commons/proper/configuration/tags

No problem as long as we preserve the history of the work done on
[configuration] when it was in the sandbox.

Emmanuel Bourg

Re: [all][sandbox] removing promoted components

Simon Kitching
On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 23:53 +0200, Thomas Dudziak wrote:

> On 7/4/05, Tim O'Brien <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > AFAIK, promotion from the sandbox is now just an "svn move".  This
> > doesn't help us with components that were promoted before the svn
> > migration.  Does anyone have any objections to "svn rm"-ing the
> > following directories.  This is just a start..
> >
> > /jakarta/commons/sandbox/betwixt
> > /jakarta/commons/sandbox/codec
> > /jakarta/commons/sandbox/digester
> > /jakarta/commons/sandbox/el
> > /jakarta/commons/sandbox/jelly
> > /jakarta/commons/sandbox/math
> >
> > Also, seems like we could move the tags in
> > /jakarta/commons/sandbox/configuration/tags over to
> > /jakarta/commons/proper/configuration/tags
>
> While you're at it, you could also remove commons-sql (migrated to
> db.apache.org/ddlutils) :-)

+1 on removing Digester sandbox stuff.

Emmanuel Bourg wrote:

> Tim O'Brien wrote:
>
>> Also, seems like we could move the tags in
>> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/configuration/tags over to
>> /jakarta/commons/proper/configuration/tags
>

> No problem as long as we preserve the history of the work done on
> [configuration] when it was in the sandbox.

History is all there after an svn rm (that's the good thing about svn
vs. cvs), you can still backtrack to a revision that has the releases.
I'll "svn rm configuration"

Tim O'Brien

Simon Kitching wrote:

>On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 23:53 +0200, Thomas Dudziak wrote:
>

>>On 7/4/05, Tim O'Brien <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>>AFAIK, promotion from the sandbox is now just an "svn move".  This
>>>doesn't help us with components that were promoted before the svn
>>>migration.  Does anyone have any objections to "svn rm"-ing the
>>>following directories.  This is just a start..
>>>
>>>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/betwixt
>>>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/codec
>>>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/digester
>>>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/el
>>>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/jelly
>>>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/math
>>>
>>>Also, seems like we could move the tags in
>>>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/configuration/tags over to
>>>/jakarta/commons/proper/configuration/tags
>>>

>>While you're at it, you could also remove commons-sql (migrated to
>>db.apache.org/ddlutils) :-)
>>

>+1 on removing Digester sandbox stuff.

done.

Thomas Dudziak wrote:

>On 7/4/05, Tim O'Brien <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>AFAIK, promotion from the sandbox is now just an "svn move".  This
>>doesn't help us with components that were promoted before the svn
>>migration.  Does anyone have any objections to "svn rm"-ing the
>>following directories.  This is just a start..
>>
>>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/betwixt
>>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/codec
>>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/digester
>>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/el
>>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/jelly
>>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/math
>>
>>Also, seems like we could move the tags in
>>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/configuration/tags over to
>>/jakarta/commons/proper/configuration/tags
>>

>While you're at it, you could also remove commons-sql (migrated to
>db.apache.org/ddlutils) :-)

Alright, sandbox/sql removed.

Re: [all][sandbox] removing promoted components

Phil Steitz
+1 to removing math

Phil

On 7/4/05, Tim O'Brien <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thomas Dudziak wrote:
>
> >On 7/4/05, Tim O'Brien <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> >>AFAIK, promotion from the sandbox is now just an "svn move".  This
> >>doesn't help us with components that were promoted before the svn
> >>migration.  Does anyone have any objections to "svn rm"-ing the
> >>following directories.  This is just a start..
> >>
> >>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/betwixt
> >>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/codec
> >>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/digester
> >>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/el
> >>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/jelly
> >>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/math
> >>
> >>Also, seems like we could move the tags in
> >>/jakarta/commons/sandbox/configuration/tags over to
> >>/jakarta/commons/proper/configuration/tags
> >>

> >While you're at it, you could also remove commons-sql (migrated to
> >db.apache.org/ddlutils) :-)
> >

> Alright, sandbox/sql removed.

Re: [all][sandbox] removing promoted components

robert burrell donkin
On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 15:17 -0500, Tim O'Brien wrote:

> AFAIK, promotion from the sandbox is now just an "svn move".  This
> doesn't help us with components that were promoted before the svn
> migration.  Does anyone have any objections to "svn rm"-ing the
> following directories.  This is just a start..
>
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/betwixt
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/codec
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/digester
> /jakarta/commons/sandbox/el